MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

klaus that looks nice!! heres mine
Old 04-02-11, 08:40 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW is that lextech? Okay maybe I stand corrected.... haha. But the CCFL route does look great, and is a good alternative. Also reppin the 200k+ plus club nice
Old 04-02-11, 08:54 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Klaus
WOW is that lextech? Okay maybe I stand corrected.... haha. But the CCFL route does look great, and is a good alternative. Also reppin the 200k+ plus club nice
yes it is..she runs like a champ...somone actually offered stupid money for the car today 8gs i just couldnt bring my self to do it since i havent really driven it. Nothing but rain in Md i'm hoping to sneak it out tonight. CCFL def looks awsome though.My climate was done all in white too looks good with new screen and all.
Old 04-02-11, 04:44 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Klaus
the CCFL looks good, and i was referring to plug and play LEDS. Did you cut out your own LED strips with that DIY? If so it does look good =). I think lextech is still brighter, but still a good alternative!
Old 04-02-11, 06:41 PM
User1321989
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny how many are commenting on the quality of Lextech's work...
Yes the coloring is slightly more even, than a DIY bulb replacement, in person it really isnt much different since there is the tinted cover...

but you know what SUCKS the most about them.. is their attitude, of my S H I T dont stink..I have never dealt with a company that cops so much attitude as them, you think after breaking (intentionally or unintentionally i'll never know) my cluster's housing, and sending back my temp needle (TWICE) on my OWN dime.. that they would say sorry and say they'll pick up the shipping costs the third time around. AND give me a follow up email to let me know whats going on and such..

You know what email I get back, AFTER I already received the needle back the second NON-working time around...

"ya your needle shipped out, if it doesnt work it must be you cluster is screwed up"

Really? is that your professional assessment of my cluster? Its "screwed up?

Honestly guys, I dont care if their work was perfect (WHICH ITS NOT BY FARRR)
Their attitude sucks, customer service sucks, and OLT, (past or present owner) has way too much attitude, I generally try and look for my own answers before I feel like I'm asking a question thats covered in a FAQ section of a webpage, but he RARELY will answer you straight up without some underlying smart comment..

BOTTOM LINE, some have had good/decent experiences, but there are wayyy to many negative ones.
Old 04-02-11, 07:42 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

i agree....My experience work is good...minus my radio was soposed to be white just like my cluster and climate and it came back looking just plain jane paled. The attitude and customer service is another story...wow is all i gotta say. Unfortenatly i love the way my cluster and climate looks and no one was willing to duplicate it for me..so i had no choice.
Old 04-03-11, 09:49 AM
jade92SC
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks to all

Thanks to all for your responses and conversation. I had no idea what I was starting! Here's what I gather:

1. LexTech is still around, does good work (usually) but is a PIA to deal with, especially if something goes wrong.

2. Someone on the thread mentioned that they thought that my issue was with needle repair and he was right. However, I will need some back-light replacement as well and I got a lot of info re: that. I'm still not sure if the T1.5 LED's are plug and play replacements (can someone confirm or deny?), but they look like an interesting way to go (I am quite handy with a soldering iron, if necessary).

3. It was suggested that I check out an outfit in FLA. I found their website and they seem more expensive than LexTech (but that might be because their repair includes new back-lights?). Has anyone used them that can comment on their experience.

4. There's a Canadian guy on Ebay that sells needle repair for $90 per set. Has anyone used him that can comment?

Thanks again!
Old 04-03-11, 10:31 AM
schwarz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jade92SC
2. Someone on the thread mentioned that they thought that my issue was with needle repair and he was right. However, I will need some back-light replacement as well and I got a lot of info re: that. I'm still not sure if the T1.5 LED's are plug and play replacements (can someone confirm or deny?), but they look like an interesting way to go (I am quite handy with a soldering iron, if necessary)
The plug and play replacements really are crap. If you know how to use a soldering iron, look at the DIY I posted above. It goes through the exact process LLS uses to solder in the LED's. Less than $10 in LED's and some time moving them around to reduce 'spotting' (which is a fancy way of saying 'no one else but LLS can do this because I said so' when in actuality is something cameras distort badly and is hardly noticeable in person).
Old 04-03-11, 11:14 AM
SexyLexy
Rookie

Okay, there is a guy on eBay who does the clusters. His name is jeeperz360, I sent mine in about a month ago. I sent it out on a Friday and received it back on Monday of the next week (so about 9 day turnaround). He answers emails basically before you can hit send, and trust me I sent at least 20 emails. He is super helpful and did a really good job. When you look at the auction mine is the pic with white LED backlight and blue needle tips.
My "glass" on the cluster broke in shipping it back and he refunded the money I paid for the new one. I had an awesome experience and they have great customer service and definitely better pricing than the alternative.
Old 04-03-11, 11:49 AM
brad11140
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jade92SC
Thanks to all for your responses and conversation. I had no idea what I was starting! Here's what I gather:

1. LexTech is still around, does good work (usually) but is a PIA to deal with, especially if something goes wrong.

2. Someone on the thread mentioned that they thought that my issue was with needle repair and he was right. However, I will need some back-light replacement as well and I got a lot of info re: that. I'm still not sure if the T1.5 LED's are plug and play replacements (can someone confirm or deny?), but they look like an interesting way to go (I am quite handy with a soldering iron, if necessary).

3. It was suggested that I check out an outfit in FLA. I found their website and they seem more expensive than LexTech (but that might be because their repair includes new back-lights?). Has anyone used them that can comment on their experience.

4. There's a Canadian guy on Ebay that sells needle repair for $90 per set. Has anyone used him that can comment?

Thanks again!
What is the name of the outfit in Florida? I don't necessarily want to pay more, but I want to explore the options. And I would be willing to pay a little more for good customer service. I seem to gather that there are a few outfits like TM Engineering and Lextech that take the line that hey we are the only ones that do this, so you have to put up with our attitudes. I am probably going to go with Lextech later in the year, but I like being well informed.
Old 04-03-11, 12:18 PM
jade92SC
Driver School Candidate

Default Fla. Needle Repair Co.

It's called DNA Speedometers and the link to their site is:

http://www.***************.com/lex.htm

Good Luck
Old 04-03-11, 12:21 PM
jade92SC
Driver School Candidate

OK. One more time. just take the space out of dna speedometers!
Old 04-03-11, 12:50 PM
brad11140
Pole Position

Got it lol. Thanks!
Old 04-03-11, 02:40 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

dna did my older gs, it was good work and fast turn around, if you want a custom color...they cant do it.

Quick Reply: Lextech Lighting