SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SCXXX Ghost Riding

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-11, 06:49 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO at the dude who ghost rides his pants at 1:17!!!!
Old 04-02-11, 07:32 PM
Wangan_sc
Rookie

Ghost riding and sideshows show the lack of intelligence people have.....
Old 04-02-11, 07:47 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Murder300
you do something that represents your area (south have crumping, East has the Harlem Shake, some areas 'step', etc) And you're having hella fun doing it.
Krumping originated in the west.
Old 04-02-11, 09:33 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Agreed man. I don't krump anything down here in Florida and neither do my homies
Old 04-02-11, 10:05 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 426 Likes on 350 Posts
Talking

I'm from Texas and I've never heard of it.

I personally don't mind the whole Hyphy movement. I like some of the music and stuff. As long as people don't start buying clean cars like the SC and throw giant wheels on it, I'm happy.
Old 04-03-11, 12:17 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

It just looks f'ing retarded...I'm guessing its also the same movement as the kids sagging nut huggers past their ***..... God I wanna pants them so bad..... And even funnier is the fact that they copied it from the prisoners in jail that are doing that to say they take in the rear... Reason I know this is from a few friends one is a guard for the jail system here in ca and one friend been in and out of jail since he was 18....
Old 04-03-11, 04:38 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrasian
It just looks f'ing retarded...I'm guessing its also the same movement as the kids sagging nut huggers past their ***..... God I wanna pants them so bad..... And even funnier is the fact that they copied it from the prisoners in jail that are doing that to say they take in the rear... Reason I know this is from a few friends one is a guard for the jail system here in ca and one friend been in and out of jail since he was 18....
Not true, that myth/ rumor was made up by people who dislike the sagging pants image and try to discredit its influence by using homosexuality, one of the most looked down upon things within the prison system. In all actuality although the origins may have started in the prison system the trend started way back when prisoners were given clothes assigned to them bigger then what they actually wore (more prisoners less fitted clothes Ex:XXL ), also belts were not issued to prisoners because they can be used as weapons or by themselves in attempt to commit suicide, so the saggy pants started as a trend. Wasn’t long before it was picked up on the street where sagging pants not only was a image associated from doing time but was also easier to hide weapons or hide possessions such as drugs or theft. "Baggy" pants also started earlier then that mostly in the 30-40s era with zoot suits.... And No the hyphy movement its not the saggy pants movement.

Last edited by Joey-E; 04-03-11 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-04-11, 10:00 AM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this thread just a little off topic...lol!
Old 04-04-11, 12:09 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Murder300
This may sound quite naive to most, but I'm from the greater Sacramento Area, and been involved in the "Hyphy" scene since I was about 15, mainly because of the music, and the hype and excitement and straight fun that it brought to me and a good portion of my friends is why we enjoyed it. It's not the ignorant music, n!**3*-like actions, gang-style scene that does it, it's the fact that you're different from everyone, you do something that represents your area (south have crumping, East has the Harlem Shake, some areas 'step', etc) And you're having hella fun doing it.
I have a close-knit circle of homies that do stuff like this, and have been doing things like this since we had cars. Myself and my friends started a "sideshow" in the parking lot of our high school. We had 19 people on the OUTSIDE of a suburban on 22s(rainbow) but it was still fun.
We got cops called, and stopped school altogether. haha
Bottom line is, it does generate a negative, ignorant, obnoxious image, but that's fine.
Being ignorant and dumb is part of the hyphy movement, just know the line between extremely dangerous, and having fun.
(note: My sc300 will NOT have big-*** rims, but I am guilty of ghost riding it once or twice.)
Sorry, not to sound rude or anything, but I honestly don't understand, so maybe you can help me out here... What exactly is so fun about making yourself look like an idiot (hence "going dumb") and potentially ruining perfectly good cars, marking up parking lots with doughnuts and decreasing the land value of the area due to this type of activity? I'm sorry, but I just cannot respect people that purposely dumb themselves down, you should be raising yourselves up. Dressing stupid, driving around on cars that look like $h1t, and acting like idiots is not a "culture" or "movement" or "style"...... It's avoiding finding a real talent and exploring for fear of realizing that God didn't bestow you with any to begin with. Plus this creates danger for neighbor kids, families and people who may be walking by due to the fact that 99.9% of these people don't know proper car control anyways..... I'm sick of it, and I CAN'T WAIT for it to go away.
Old 04-04-11, 02:21 PM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not true, that myth/ rumor was made up by people who dislike the sagging pants image and try to discredit its influence by using homosexuality, one of the most looked down upon things within the prison system. In all actuality although the origins may have started in the prison system the trend started way back when prisoners were given clothes assigned to them bigger then what they actually wore (more prisoners less fitted clothes Ex:XXL ), also belts were not issued to prisoners because they can be used as weapons or by themselves in attempt to commit suicide, so the saggy pants started as a trend. Wasn’t long before it was picked up on the street where sagging pants not only was a image associated from doing time but was also easier to hide weapons or hide possessions such as drugs or theft. "Baggy" pants also started earlier then that mostly in the 30-40s era with zoot suits.... And No the hyphy movement its not the saggy pants movement.
Good work bro
Old 04-04-11, 02:29 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Technically, It's a mixture of both. Plenty of things in life have two meanings. My dad also taught in prisons back in the early 70's, and they DID do this to advertise booty. The other explanation is also true, it's easier to hide drugs, weapons, wear multiple layers to strip off while running from law enforcement. It's not necessarily modeled after either, and skaters do it, so it has nothing to do with "hyphy" or Bay Area style, thought the "hyphy" BS came from the Bay, baggy, saggy "style" didn't originate there. I seriously doubt they were inspired by homosexuals in prison, nor zoot suits, I think it was mostly for crime purposes, then wannabe's latched on to it, which most of the people who wear that crap are anyways.
Old 04-04-11, 02:30 PM
ScAmor
Driver

Gracias and thank you! but to the topic, this ghostride stuff looks a little risky... but the guy getting owned by the donut is whats up!
Old 04-04-11, 03:25 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

is this going to be on the midterm?