Search this Thread

Old 04-05-11, 09:40 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Its easy, i used to drift an auto sc400 all day long
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH9QqTPzrYY
Cute vid but wheres the drifting? All i saw was a SC on a slippery raining track going fast and taking quick turns.
Old 04-05-11, 09:42 AM
flipkc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Thats not true at all......

All about weight transfer. Just manually lock it in second and you will be fine.
That's what I was thinking, lots of weight transfer, and braking.
Old 04-05-11, 11:25 AM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adaa60
So i started my project in Jan, and my first drift day is on the 9th here in colorado. ive never been drifting before so does anyone have any pointers for me?

im going to be taking an auto 94 sc300 , im going to bring a 50 - 75 - & 115 shot jets cuz i don't know witch i will need to keep it sideways. and i want to conserve as much nitrous as i can. i will only be bringing 20lbs of it other than that someone will be providing me with a pair of 16' wheels and tires to use and a helmet. but ive never been drifting before so im nervous about the idea only drifting i have ever done is the occasional 2nd gear drop getting on to the highway.
You'll blow yourself to pieces!
Old 04-05-11, 11:35 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

before you go:
do a normal check up on the car (fluids, tires, belts, e-brake)
while there:
let an instuctor ride with you on a few runs. visit the burnout area to figure out how to feel out the car. bring plenty of water and a positive attitude. Have fun and post pictures.
Old 04-05-11, 11:41 AM
jupa28
Driver School Candidate

just hope that rains that day cuz are gonna need it
Old 04-05-11, 02:46 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Cute vid but wheres the drifting? All i saw was a SC on a slippery raining track going fast and taking quick turns.
well considering it was raining and this is a back yard OVAL track... then yeah you saw a car taking turns fast. Joey-E is it that time of the month? or do you just like to play E-thug on the internet?

Im trying to explain to this guy how to drift. If you dont like a video that was made with cell phone in all of 3 min then dont comment on it
Old 04-05-11, 03:20 PM
IntenseMX
Driver School Candidate

well considering it was raining and this is a back yard OVAL track... then yeah you saw a car taking turns fast. Joey-E is it that time of the month? or do you just like to play E-thug on the internet?

Im trying to explain to this guy how to drift. If you dont like a video that was made with cell phone in all of 3 min then dont comment on it
lol
Old 04-05-11, 03:26 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Time of the month? For what? You should know by now that men dont have times of the month as women do unless you experienced this in some way if you have save the story for yourself or get to a dr asap

Ethug? Lol pleaseeee thats funny how you come at me with a personal attack over the internet just cause i expressed my thoughts on your vid then you claim on the Ethug hahaha funny

Not a very good instructional video on drifting in fact i dont see any drifting, dont get hurt now you’re the one who posted the video on a public forum.
Old 04-05-11, 03:59 PM
imissmys14
Driver

jdm muscle-- i wish i had that in my back yard or even someplace near that looked liek that st.

ok bizzness
okkkk first get a welded diff make sure , to get it reallly welded with a metal plate inside, no lsd ,welded no drift

.whats your suspension setup. get coilovers

the sc is heavy take out as muchh weight as you can
basically and first off coilovers and welderd diff tires n entry fee have fun goodluck
Old 04-05-11, 06:15 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Cute but wheres the drifting?
Drifting refers to a driving technique where the driver intentionally over steers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels through turns, while maintaining vehicle control and a high exit speed. A car is drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle prior to the corner apex, and the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right or vice versa), and the driver is controlling these factors.

So YES, he was drifting- look at the front wheel turning into the drift, it doesn't matter that the oval was wet... Of course he's not professional yet, this was just for fun obviously. You should have known you would get a negative response when you called him cute... Wait... you think Grant is cute?! WTFfff
Old 04-05-11, 06:22 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Drifting refers to a driving technique where the driver intentionally over steers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels through turns, while maintaining vehicle control and a high exit speed. A car is drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle prior to the corner apex, and the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right or vice versa), and the driver is controlling these factors.

So YES, he was drifting- look at the front wheel turning into the drift, it doesn't matter that the oval was wet... Of course he's not professional yet, this was just for fun obviously. You should have known you would get a negative response when you called him cute... Wait... you think Grant is cute?! WTFfff
Lol i know what drifting is, and that vid was not the greatest at drifting but yeah def needs some work, so if you think thats drifting then ok but wasnt to me... i never called him cute since your coming to his defense maybe its your fantasy and your thoughts about him coming out and you read that wrong, if you reread my post i said cute vid

Last edited by Joey-E; 04-05-11 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-05-11, 06:42 PM
Copilot
Driver

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Thats not true at all......

All about weight transfer. Just manually lock it in second and you will be fine.
What not true? You act like knowing how to weight transfer a car and properly hold it while sliding without spinning out is something everyone knows how to do. All I said was that for someone who has never drifted before you don't just jump into a car and be able to drift.
Old 04-05-11, 07:36 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

You're getting very defensive and argumentative...^^^
So now it IS drifting? You said something a man did was cute... Deal with your emotions. LOL
Please stop lashing out at people, this is a public forum for the enjoyment of Soarer's and SC's!

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 04-05-11 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-05-11, 08:39 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

You're getting very defensive and argumentative...^^^
I stated my opinions i was replied back with a personal attack by both of you so i replied back to the attacks.
So now it IS drifting?
I never said it was i said, “it needs work” and “if you think thats drifting ok” thats your opinion not mine.
You said something a man did was cute... Deal with your emotions. LOL
I said the vid was cute with the wanna be drifting and crappy techno/pop music at a attempt to be some kind of expert or instructional video. Cute in a way a chihuahua steps to or acts like a pitbull kind of cute lol ..

Please stop lashing out at people, this is a public forum for the enjoyment of Soarer's and SC's!
Lashing at people? I did not, just stated my opinions and replied to the negative replies by you 2 made against me with PMS/homosexual negative tones don’t try to make it like im replying for no reason I stated my opinion was called out on it and I replied back. and yes i know doesn’t take a genius to know that this is a public forum for the enjoyment of SCs/ Soarers and that’s why im here.

But for the sake of Cl and myself I will exist this thread, if anyone has anything else to say feel free to PM me
Have fun.

Last edited by Joey-E; 04-05-11 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-05-11, 09:30 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

i said, “it needs work” and “if you think thats drifting ok” thats your opinion not mine.
I said the vid was cute with the wanna be drifting and crappy techno/pop music at a attempt to be some kind of expert or instructional video. Cute in a way a chihuahua steps to or acts like a pitbull kind of cute lol..
No, you said:
Cute vid but wheres the drifting?
and...
All i saw was a SC on a slippery raining track going fast and taking quick turns.
But for the sake of Cl and myself I will exist this thread

Sounds good, please don't post anymore

The above first post by you has rather negative connotations, I think anyone can see that- which is why I informed you about the definition of drifting, and then wondered why you would call someones drifting "cute" and now "like a Chihuahua" ...Compared to your "Mad Pitbull drifting skills" I suppose?? I'm sure Grant would welcome you to his track to test your skills...

Ok now hopefully we can get back to HELPING a fellow CLer to be ready for his first drift event, please?

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 04-05-11 at 09:56 PM.

Quick Reply: My First Drift Day is this Sat