sc400LEXO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

goodies =D SR hmm is that in hayward?
Old 06-09-11, 10:10 PM
Taste
Driver

Every time I see a great build thread like this, I just go out to my garage and shake my head when I look at my car lol
Great build my man waiting on those charts
Old 06-10-11, 06:02 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

interesting. i thought about ordering a driveshaft from them as well. but 3 weeks... i could have one made locally here in florida.
Old 06-20-11, 08:08 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

My little update. i ran into a few 1.5 swap problems. i had to clean the engine bay. let me tell you i found that my lower cross bar is not black . i could not believe how dirty my bay was. Second problem was the water neck. when doing a 1.5jz it sits 12mm higher than before causing the waterneck not to line up. i tried the 1jz neck (FAIL) tried the 2jz neck (FAIL) tried the 2jz GE neck (You get the idea). solution was to cut the 1jz & 2jz and matte them together.

SR built a soardrft supercar-waterneck.jpg

After these issues i finally put the motor in the car and started my electrical work.

SR built a soardrft supercar-wiring9.jpg

Driftmotion FINALLY contacted me regarding my driveshaft. hopefully wednesday i can do a startup video for you guys. STAY TUNED.....

sorry for the oragnization of photos ITS MONDAY
Attached Thumbnails SR built a soardrft supercar-side-view.jpg   SR built a soardrft supercar-cleaned-bay.jpg  
Old 06-20-11, 08:30 AM
meangreen1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe this year? :P
Old 06-24-11, 08:16 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Almost there. Finally driftmotion sent the driveshaft . Although i have decided to no longer do business with them they gave me a parting gift.

SR built a soardrft supercar-driveshaft.jpg

The story behind this was i ordered the driveshaft a month ago along with the R154 parts. Each part was shipped seperately (WTF). I also ordered a steel driveshaft to save a few pennies, but to my good googly moogly eyes they sent me an aluminum driveshaft. guess i cant complain.

While the car was sitting and waiting on the driveshaft AEM stopped by to put one of their cars on the dyno. As they were sitting their one of the Reps looked at my intake and laughed (glad i was not their for that). A few hours after they left one of their reps came back to mock up an intake for me

SR built a soardrft supercar-intake.jpg

Last but not least i found a few races after the dyno on saturday.

SR built a soardrft supercar-races.jpg
Attached Thumbnails SR built a soardrft supercar-rhd-motor.jpg   SR built a soardrft supercar-rhd-supra.jpg  
Old 06-24-11, 10:46 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

that's whats up.. keep it up!!!

I don't personally see why you just don't drop i set of injectors and bump it up 100hp or so with a beefier fuel pump or 2 walbro's to play it ultra safe? think about if the 550cc and the single walbro is good for 500hp and that's running out of fuel maxing out both injectors and fuel pump... so if your shooting for 450 on a single supra fuel pump then i would think you would fall under the same issues let only if you happen to spike boost and go lean that's just asking for your engine to take a nice ***** on you!!!

and believe me if we both have the lead foot issue 100% of the time your going to need to upgrade the fuel and how i see it this is just the beginning 450hp will soon not be enough then its going to be 550hp then 650hp for a good while then either you grow out of the fast life and sell of go for the 1000hp mark

my point is while you haven't finished yet you might as well prepare for the 550hp and 650hp goal with just dropping a set of 750cc and either 300+lph fuel pump that should get you to the high 5XXhp mark on e85 if you want to keep it single fuel pump and simple or a dual fuel pumps set up which will be ready for that 1000hp goal if you ever decided to go that far (I DON'T ) and at that point all you have to worry about is bigger injectors and turbo if yours wont get you there since you already want ham on the block.

just my .02 sorry about the essay it was a lot simpler when i was thinking it

-Kernst
Old 06-24-11, 10:53 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

i would get the vspeed... lol but thats just cuz im getting the vspeed and i think the kit looks clean and simple. im going to fiberglass the grille in between the lights closed. i dont think anyone has done that so it will make it look different. it will keep my 95 looking like a 95. maybe thats wat u should do too!
Old 06-24-11, 11:45 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Bad954Boi: I totally get what your saying and I had an essay of a response. Long story short is SRmotorcars is working on a 1jz standalone and I am waiting on that.

Cmh
I am still undecided. Think I'm going to be that silly racer guy who changes his bumper every week (between the two) until I get tired of doing that and just leave one on.
Old 06-24-11, 09:59 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got the Vspeed. its not a perfect fit. and mine came in a green primer not the black like u see in the promo video where they punish it by smashing it with a metal door.

im just sayin. if u get it. be prepared to be somewhat satisfied. i sure as hell with i could drop a grand on the true Vertex front bumper... but it cost as much as the Car i got it for lol
Old 06-24-11, 10:46 PM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

Great work! Loved the added bling. Was that the F&F Supra in the background?
Old 06-25-11, 08:25 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

The first F&F rx7 yes it is. Thank you all for the nice comments and advice. Today is dyno day (cross your fingers) last I heard was everything seemed together, but they are doing a few more inspections. I was to lazy to drive over there and see for myself, but today I have my red bull , toyota shirt, lexus belt, and I forgot my energy free lexus key chain on for good luck (dorky I know, but man I love my ride)
Will post picks and try posting video asap
Old 06-25-11, 10:24 AM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

Keep us updated and snag some pics of the RX-7, if you can.
Old 07-08-11, 08:06 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

A little update. I just got back from vacation and had my hopes of driving my little beast around, but in true fashion there was a problem. We did 5 pulls and BOOM. Turbo took a dump. The good news is that the 5 pulls were just break in and a little fuel tuning (not even close to being done). Boost was turned down to 7psi. The result is i see 50hp- 90hp gains from 2500rpm - 4000rpm (then it went boom). So back to the drawing board. lucky me a good friend stopped by to tell me that my GT35 is old news and has a perfect turbo for my goals.

SR built a soardrft supercar-s362.jpg

I was a tad bit worried about this turbo but when i saw it on his scion and the power it produced i ran to the computer. 20 minutes later and 5 supra videos later i went to pull the turbo off his car.

SR built a soardrft supercar-g35r-vs-s362.jpg

This is just the begining of the comparasion, but i googled and on supraforums they did a full test on this turbo. the graphs look very similar to the gt35r, however this turbo produces more mid range( not much). so then i realized the comparasion that the supraforums did was on a non ball bearing turbo. once i pulled this turbo off i noticed its ball bearing . party in my pants when i saw this. So broke out my polisher and began the process.

SR built a soardrft supercar-polish-time.jpg

Update this weekend on the numbers. Will post my few pulls to show you the difference between 1jz and 1.5jz.
Old 07-08-11, 12:05 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

thats a solid bro... this is going to be serious!!!!

Quick Reply: SR built a soardrft supercar