SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

help fast. breaking up soarer :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-11, 12:45 AM
AlwaysDTF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation help fast. breaking up soarer :(

alright guys, sorry if my typing is sloppy but im on my phone at my shop. were trying to get the soarer running for ia but running out of time. It keeps breaking up badly! Its like redlining at 4k under load. It starts sputtering really bad. The timing is perfect but I totally forgot to vaccum the wastegate nipples so I did and its still doing it. Ideas please people maybe im doing something wrong.
Old 04-14-11, 04:22 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What plugs and gap? How much boost? What fuel?
Old 04-14-11, 07:04 AM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

Check the spark plug Gap and check what Kind of spark plugs you have. Also while your checking the spark plugs look for Small cracks on the coilpacks, If there are just put a little epoxy and heat shrink on them and it should solve your problem. Then move on to fuel and check for wiring.
Old 04-14-11, 07:36 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Willing to bet you have a cracked coil pack.
Old 04-14-11, 07:47 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude post on soarer central you're wasting your time on this forum no offence SC guys
Old 04-14-11, 07:50 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Relapser
Dude post on soarer central you're wasting your time on this forum no offence SC guys
Cause no one here has any automotive experience or has a 1j.

Dolt.
Old 04-14-11, 07:53 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Quite obvious that you are new to CL. You couldn't believe the wealth of 1J knowledge on this forum. Take your negativity elsewhere.
Old 04-14-11, 08:23 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Don't Forget there are dyno tuners here as well we just don't post much we pretty much pm only
Old 04-14-11, 08:54 AM
2jzz73
Driver School Candidate

Well right away i think its a wiring and to find the wire that is busted or not working properly its gonna take time. Right now your car is like in safe mode and ****. But its a wire maybe the wire harness or computer is not useful anymore mines was doing that cuz i had a wire tuck and it took forever to find that wire so i just got a stock harness and ecu, problem was gone.
Old 04-14-11, 06:23 PM
kapetajr
Pole Position

Like everybody said check your plugs.
Old 04-14-11, 07:02 PM
Relapser
Pole Position

it's not got nothing to do with me being a dolt or me being negativity you oversensitive girls. calm down?

im saying - soarer central is for SOARERS. op owns a SOARER.

the SC300 is vastly a different car to the soarer, yes, they look the same, but when you start pulling them apart they are a very different car.

an Sc300 with a 1J does not mean it's a soarer.

hence why i said, ask for help on soarer central. saying that a soarer related problem is best asked on a soarer forum is not a personal attack on you guys. how could you POSSIBLY take offence to that?
good greif.

I'm not DOUBTING you guys have a wealth of knowledge on the 1J engine. you guys are a WEALTH of knowledge on SC300s that have 1J / 2J / 1.5J conversions. hell even IM envious of your guys' knowledge on that!
but when it comes to soarers... leave it to the soarer owners!

firstly it might not BE engine related, with soarers it can be the ECU it can be engine it could be a plug or ANYTHING.

please i beg of you guys. settle down. why so stressed for?

ALWAYSDTF - garbage aside.. help us so we can help you,
why is the car in the shop? did you do any modifications? do you know how to properly reset the ECU AND the transmission ecu's? have you cleared out ALL engine codes so you can start from scratch?

have you done all that?

i doubt it would be your plugs becuase that would be a gradually increasing problem - did this just suddenly start happening?

..have you replaced the capacitors in your ECU?? they could be popped - a common fault on soarer ECU

when did the problem start happening? did it SUDDENLY happen or has it built up?

what have you done to the car recently?

i would try doing a hard reset on the ECU first n take it from there - sounds like it's in limp home mode
Old 04-14-11, 08:21 PM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

it's not got nothing to do with me being a dolt or me being negativity you oversensitive girls. calm down?

im saying - soarer central is for SOARERS. op owns a SOARER.

the SC300 is vastly a different car to the soarer, yes, they look the same, but when you start pulling them apart they are a very different car.

an Sc300 with a 1J does not mean it's a soarer.

hence why i said, ask for help on soarer central. saying that a soarer related problem is best asked on a soarer forum is not a personal attack on you guys. how could you POSSIBLY take offence to that?
good greif.

I'm not DOUBTING you guys have a wealth of knowledge on the 1J engine. you guys are a WEALTH of knowledge on SC300s that have 1J / 2J / 1.5J conversions. hell even IM envious of your guys' knowledge on that!
but when it comes to soarers... leave it to the soarer owners!

firstly it might not BE engine related, with soarers it can be the ECU it can be engine it could be a plug or ANYTHING.

please i beg of you guys. settle down. why so stressed for?

ALWAYSDTF - garbage aside.. help us so we can help you,
why is the car in the shop? did you do any modifications? do you know how to properly reset the ECU AND the transmission ecu's? have you cleared out ALL engine codes so you can start from scratch?

have you done all that?

i doubt it would be your plugs becuase that would be a gradually increasing problem - did this just suddenly start happening?

..have you replaced the capacitors in your ECU?? they could be popped - a common fault on soarer ECU

when did the problem start happening? did it SUDDENLY happen or has it built up?

what have you done to the car recently?

i would try doing a hard reset on the ECU first n take it from there - sounds like it's in limp home mode
Yes the vast difference of the steering wheel on the opposite side of the car.

Stop referring to the soarer like its some god send. Its a cloth seated wrong hand drive version of an SC300.
Old 04-14-11, 08:29 PM
Relapser
Pole Position

its not better or worse. it's just a different car. different ECUs. different dash, different guages different stereo different seats different engine different electronics different lights different radiator different transmission.

it's not a god send. it's simply a different car. there is a chance that the problem is just "soarer" related. do you own a soarer? i may be "new" to club lexus but i'm definitely not new to soarers and the operations of a toyota.

NOW can we PLEASE stop this piddling contest and attacking ME like you're some pack of angry ants.

IM trying to help the OP. and trying to help him diagnose. this is not a fight thread. the poor bloke's car is being a bum head. so let's help fix it .. if you want to make a thread attacking me, then please. make a thread about it and title it as such.
Old 04-14-11, 10:16 PM
AlwaysDTF
Driver

Default easy kids

easy kids. 1st and for most, i love me some club lexus. yes, i have a legit soarer i imported and yes, most of these guys have sc300's but that doesnt take away their knowledge on a problem.

with that being said, i did find the issue and everyones deff gonna get a kick out of this. i did just reseal the motor and CLEAR out the engine bay and i may have forgot to put a certain sensor back in. that sensor being the MAP sensor lol. im sorry for any inconvience from anyone, just my stupidity. it fixed everything so now hopefully i can go to my car meet and be happy !
Old 04-14-11, 10:44 PM
Relapser
Pole Position

it happens man...

dont feel bad!

group hug everyone? no ball touching please?

and don't feel bad...
i once was having heaps of trouble starting my car... then i relised that i wasnt in my car i was in the lounge room..

..a common mechanical error.

Quick Reply: help fast. breaking up soarer :(