Trans mount holy crap

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-11, 09:41 PM
iwannadie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xspsi6
Type T-IV which is the replacement for type II
Amazing, it's a suitable replacement because it meets or exceeds the specifications of the original fluid.... Just as the mobil 1 fluid is a suitable replacement because it also meets or exceeds the specifications of the original fluid.
Old 04-16-11, 09:45 PM
soarer93
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its not an opinion that isnt about to be changed. its fact.
the sc300 trans can use atf you grab from a shelf at a store. it says so in its manual.
the sc400 trans uses the toyota fluid (prob made by mobil) but regardless it doenst say you can just use any atf.. thats for a good reason says so in its manual.
why would they not just say use any atf ?

but lets agree to disagree. your right and im saying your right when it comes to most vehicles.. but your dead wrong when it comes to the sc400 trans which is what should have been implied in the first post mentioning you have to have toyota only fluid.

im just glad we can all get along and expand our knowledgebase in a friendly mannor
Old 04-16-11, 09:48 PM
iwannadie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soarer93
its not an opinion that isnt about to be changed. its fact.
the sc300 trans can use atf you grab from a shelf at a store. it says so in its manual.
the sc400 trans uses the toyota fluid (prob made by mobil) but regardless it doenst say you can just use any atf.. thats for a good reason says so in its manual.
why would they not just say use any atf ?

but lets agree to disagree. your right and im saying your right when it comes to most vehicles.. but your dead wrong when it comes to the sc400 trans which is what should have been implied in the first post mentioning you have to have toyota only fluid.

im just glad we can all get along and expand our knowledgebase in a friendly mannor
I think I've made my case the best that I can, I don't expect anyone to change their opinion if they don't want to. It is good to have a nice debate without it turning ugly ha.
Old 04-16-11, 09:57 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well maybe somebody will find this thread in the future while searching and find something useful, I tend to think sc400 all the time as my car is a 400 and my is300 takes the same fluid and btw my parents had an is300 and fell victim to the trans flush at the quick lube and guess what happened 6k miles later?
Old 04-16-11, 11:02 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

If a transmission flush kills your transmission then you already had issues. I would love to tear that transmission down to see the point of failure.

Straight from all data per toyota/lexus, Mobil 1 is DEX & Merc certified!

It basically says don't mix junk that has been in there since 1990 that is STRAIGHT Type-X to another Straight Fluid, however, Mobil 1 is multi-certified so I think it'll be alright (and is compatible with a mixture).

128 MPH on the way home tonight from the movies - no problems. :P

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lub...hetic_ATF.aspx

Last edited by TechGreek; 04-16-11 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-17-11, 02:01 PM
soarer93
Pole Position

thats a great screenshot.
and a helpful link.

if you can read properly it says Type T atfs can mix.
dex2 cant mix with dex 3 etc . thats what it says.

the box above it shows if your vehicle needs type T you CANT use dex or merc atf. thats an X in that box not the work OK.

in the link otherwise provided, it doesnt list Type T as being compatible fluid.. because its not.

atleast you got the mobil 1 is dex and merc atf compatible

Hope this solves peoples problems when trying to pick the proper fluid for their car. Dex or Merc compatible - yes ? Great go buy stuff off a shelf..
Type T - Yes? only buy type T.
Old 04-17-11, 02:07 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Alright,

So our general agreed opinion on this is drain your fluid if you've got T (Torque Converter, etc - not just the pan and filter) before putting in new fluid that is not Type T (if you're positive you even have T in there in the first place).

I know personally, the previous owner of mine used more than likely whatever was cheapest and could be had off the shelf so I'm not worried about the mixture.

I've used this Mobil 1 Synthetic for all of my transmissions (automatic wise) from my Thunderbird SC which calls for MERC all the way to SC300! :0