SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pulled the trigger, NA-T in the works.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-11, 05:19 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks fun!

I have read this many times and it seems to be his game. After he sells the kit his customer service disappears.
Old 05-04-11, 06:32 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was missing a few things here and there and had to by a lot of other things to make it fit right. Its a good starter, but most of it needs to be customized and tweaked.

Whatever tho. I knew what I was getting into as far as having to customize but whatever.
Old 05-05-11, 02:08 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tranny will work. Alphabet soup SafcAvcr will work. That kit has horrible clearances and that's just the beginning. More people need to be vocal about him and the poor r&d he has put into his product specifically for the sc. You should list what didn't work so people working with a strict budget won't have a bunch of do-overs.
Old 05-05-11, 11:07 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

jeez... ill have to think about that.

Its a list for sure. lol
Old 05-06-11, 04:59 AM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

glad to see things are coming together nicely!

quick question..for your intake pipe did you just use a 3" 45 degree intercooler pipe? im trying to figure out the best way around the distributor and thought a coupler reducer and 3" intercooler pip would suffice.
Old 05-06-11, 10:28 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

if you use a 4" to 3" reducer and a 3" pipe you will clear the 4runner distributor cap on the XS kit no problem. I have pictures of my old setup like that.
If you want to run a 4" pipe, then thats where the problem starts, the pipe will rub against the top lead for the distributor. the 3" pipe vs 4" pipe did not affect my power at 9psi at all really so rock on that way until you delete the distributor. Its more for looks until you get to a certain power range then it makes a difference, and its probably much higher than 9 psi as a 3" pipe will still flow a good amount.
Old 05-06-11, 06:50 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah ive got a 3 inch 45 degree pipe coming out of the turbo with a 4 to 3 reducer. I still have slight fitment issues with the distributor but it should work. Im finalizing the install tomorrow and should have a bunch more pics. It runs right now but I have a few things to do.
Old 05-06-11, 08:31 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

did you have to make the holes on his manifold bigger to fit? I saw a shop install his kit once last year on a supra and it was a nightmare for them. Honestly if he has no customer service then buying china parts from him for more does not make sence. You can buy same parts on ebay for about 450 dollars cheaper. I'm learning alot on other peoples mistakes right now before i do mine. Good luck with your build, i'm sure once its done you'll be very happy!
Old 05-06-11, 10:40 PM
chingpo05
Lead Lap

yep lots of ppl been buying godspeed and cxracing stuff instead of xs
Old 05-07-11, 02:00 AM
DWPsc3
Lexus Test Driver

looking good man. I've been looking into NA-T too.
Old 05-07-11, 05:44 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear about the fitment issues.. sucked
This is why i've never bought Kits, i make my own same quality as the BL kits, Titan or MVP sells.
But then everyone has to start somewhere so i guesss it's cool sometimes you learn from own mistake,someone else will learn from yours...
If i can't talk to the seller over the phone, i am not buying anything from you, that's just the way i do business.

good luck.
Old 05-07-11, 05:58 AM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
if you use a 4" to 3" reducer and a 3" pipe you will clear the 4runner distributor cap on the XS kit no problem. I have pictures of my old setup like that.
If you want to run a 4" pipe, then thats where the problem starts, the pipe will rub against the top lead for the distributor. the 3" pipe vs 4" pipe did not affect my power at 9psi at all really so rock on that way until you delete the distributor. Its more for looks until you get to a certain power range then it makes a difference, and its probably much higher than 9 psi as a 3" pipe will still flow a good amount.
yep thats the route i plan on trying. i dont haev an xs kit though, just piecing stuff together. ive been running a 4runner cap on the car for a while now and have the 4"-3" reducer. i was just seeing what pipes people were using. 45 degree seems to be a nice angle and can always be cut for clearance. im not too concerned with a 3" pipe either, i think it should have plenty of flow

Originally Posted by MDSC
did you have to make the holes on his manifold bigger to fit? I saw a shop install his kit once last year on a supra and it was a nightmare for them. Honestly if he has no customer service then buying china parts from him for more does not make sence. You can buy same parts on ebay for about 450 dollars cheaper. I'm learning alot on other peoples mistakes right now before i do mine. Good luck with your build, i'm sure once its done you'll be very happy!
are you talking about the holes on the flange that goes against the head or the holes on the turbo flange? on my ebay manifold the holes on turbo flange are too close to the runners leading to it so i cant even fit a nut on the underside, much less even get a bolt down through them without it interfering with the runner. im thinking im going to have to drill out the holes to get it further away from runners
Old 05-07-11, 09:19 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Old 05-07-11, 09:21 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Piece of **** oil feed line leaks. Gonna try something tomorrow to see if it stops. Just have to install trans cooler, rehang bumper and finish electronics.
Old 05-08-11, 10:46 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Ive spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 or 60 hours working on this trying to make sure its all good and right.

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger, NA-T in the works.