SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pulled the trigger, NA-T in the works.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-11, 07:16 PM
broda805
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My stock injectors maxed out at 340whp... So there u go with stock injector limit but id keep a little less.. Just to be safe for anyone who dosen't wanna upgrade
Old 08-01-11, 03:47 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting, well Im right there and mine runs great, for all intents and purposes.
Old 08-24-11, 06:03 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

i just ordered the kit for my 96 gs300 did you just end up buying the filters and putting them in or do i also need a cold air intake kit i wasnt really sure
Old 08-24-11, 11:39 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Originally Posted by lookEVO
This is my girl, Yvette.

95 auto, m35x wheels, ls400 bbk kit, all windows/windshield tinted. Super clean, 130k when purchased... all maintenance done.

ThosLooked through here an it looks great, Im gonna go NA-T w/ a AEM standalone an try getting 450, good to see other na-t people, and the cars really clean an love the rims those look perfect!
Old 01-03-12, 10:56 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Got about 18k on the car since boost.

**** runs great for the most part. MAF crapped out on me but then started working again... hmmmm

Radiator has a crack in it... unrelated to mods. Temp fixed and will replace when time permits. Doesnt overheat or even run hot.

Summer tires lasted about 10k... lol too much wheel spin (trac off cuz it annoys me to always kick in) Need to go wider and lower... (also need an LSD)

Put snows on it and it runs great in the snow. Daily driver FTW (Its actually really good when i dont get on it)

Gets about 14mpg in boost.... still gets 25 or so out of boost.

Thats about it as far as I can think for now.
Old 01-04-12, 04:03 AM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wow you drive alot .. 18k since may?? what rpm are you at max spool with the .96 hot side?
Old 01-04-12, 09:19 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

I like to drive and my car is my daily driver. I work part time and go to school so I have to drive around the city pretty much. I hit 11 psi at about 5200 i think. It definitely is a highway car but I like the way the boost hits and the car still drives great. I really would like to get some more mods done but i quit my job to go back to school and i only work part time.
Old 01-04-12, 09:29 AM
sj408
Instructor

OP, i notice you have an sct emblem in one of your early posts? do you use sct programs for tuning or???? I use sct for my mustang and it works great never knew if it could be used for my sc
Old 01-04-12, 09:59 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

No it cant be used on the SC, I just used to work in a shop where we used it and i scored one of the emblems at one time or another for obvious reasons. I liked it and stuck it on the engine.

Sure would be nice to ecu flash but alas.
Old 01-04-12, 04:15 PM
TCUFROGZ
Driver School Candidate

So looking back on the XSPower kit, what areas gave you trouble and how did you get around them? Nice work you've done on your car
Old 01-04-12, 09:52 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

All the hard parts were good. I had no issue with fitment or functionality. As far as all the **** everyone talks about it... haters. Thats all they are. Sure everyone wants to have bad *** fancy name brand **** and a fancy name brand turbo... I wouldnt mind it either. But ya know what? The **** works man. My car runs great, sounds great and feels great. I get props all the time on it and i dig it.

Sure I had issues with fabbing **** up but it wasnt bad, it was what i expected it to be. I did the **** for a living for a long time and I was used to it. I spent a lot of time doing it because its my car and I wanted to do it right. i still need to do a few things to get it 100% but its a great car.

The things i will likely upgrade will be the turbo (I really want a T51... love that sound), the wastegate and a few random odds and ends. Ill be converting to FFIM one of these days and a M/T as well... then upping the boost and going ***** out.

If you wanna boost your car for cheap and can do the work yourself... buy the XSpower kit. The parts are great. the guy that sells em is an idiot and his customer service skills suck but his stuff works.
Old 01-08-12, 01:03 PM
revmwcc
Driver School Candidate

Just curiouse, but did you say your whole top and bottom end is stock? Stock IM, TB, Rot assembly? And what is FFIM? And where did you get your SAFC?
Old 01-09-12, 08:45 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by revmwcc
Just curiouse, but did you say your whole top and bottom end is stock? Stock IM, TB, Rot assembly? And what is FFIM? And where did you get your SAFC?

Yes, entire engine is stock. I literally only bolted the turbo parts on.

FFIM = Forward facing Intake manifold, similar to GTE manifold or various other replicas.

Got SAFC off of Craigslist, just look around. They are on amazon, and various other places too.
Old 01-09-12, 11:00 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Wow, great build, and even cooler that you did it yourself. honestly wish I was more mechanically inclined. All the tech talk and terms lost me on page 2 but it's alll good. That dyno vid was worth it.

An FFIM is needed in order to have the room for the turbo facing front I assume?.. U know what dnt answer my question, it will lead to a million more lol

Subscribed to this thread, gotta see it when the MT is there.
Old 04-22-12, 06:02 PM
g4ebguy90
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I will be doing this around next tax time haha.

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger, NA-T in the works.