SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

*OK* new to leXus family

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-11, 07:46 AM
1jzchris
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and Welcome to the Lexus family!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-11, 09:18 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

I saw this car for sale. You must be from OKC? I think I've seen your 240sx before as well.

Good luck with the build.
Old 04-25-11, 09:15 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CSSC400STL
This car was on craigs list for 700 in Oklahoma. Me and my friend was going to go out there and buy it and make it a project car but after the pics he sent us I didn't want to pay that much for it at all. I kno the interior is shot. Like ripped out nd just replace it with new interior. But he did say it runs but haven't drove it
yeah thats the one! it was up for sale for 900 and talked him down. he lived right around the corner from me so i went and test drove it and decided i had to have it-but the interior is crap and the windows/locks not working is the main issue. he originally bought it to swap out the motor/trans into his 240 but sold his 240 and had too many other projects going on so i figured i might as well take it off his hands =P

Originally Posted by Kira X
I saw this car for sale. You must be from OKC? I think I've seen your 240sx before as well.

Good luck with the build.
yes i am! are you from here as well? i dont know that many lexus/toyota peeps around here
Old 04-25-11, 11:30 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hey look its 240benzo from the canibeat forums
Old 04-25-11, 12:50 PM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

HEY are you the guy with that sc?! wheres XCLSIOR? xD wassup!

ugh this to do list is getting longer than i thought-

1. figure out why door only opens with the key in the unlock position
2. figure out what exactly is broken so the windows can going up and down(maybe itd be easier to just get some good working doors and swap them out??)
3. get some fresh gas(hopefully the gas gauge isnt broken but boy is it low! ha)
4. fix the power steering leak because the smoke from it dripping on the exhaust is sketch! you can kinda hear it squealing when you turn so maybe the pumps just going out but hopefully its not that big a pain in the *** to swap out
5. found a write up on how to get the steering wheel tilt adjusted so i gota fix that
6. the lip is cracked so i might try to find a new one or just refab it back together
7. once all is mechanically sound again i can get it resprayed black at macco =P
8. title 42-hopefully it can be almost done by the time all these other issues are done
Old 04-25-11, 03:14 PM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome man, sure it'll turn out sick

(xclsior)
Old 04-25-11, 03:45 PM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

The door handles and window regulators are known issues with these cars. There are a few threads with door handle fixes in the DIY sticky.
Old 04-25-11, 08:26 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saw the car fs, too.
hope it was a fair deal.
a few of us OKC guys around.
nice to see another.
Old 04-27-11, 08:14 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=240benzo;6338983]HEY are you the guy with that sc?! wheres XCLSIOR? xD wassup!

yupp its me xxxkezsc3xxx
Old 04-27-11, 09:09 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by 240benzo
yes i am! are you from here as well? i dont know that many lexus/toyota peeps around here
Yeah, I stay on the north side of OKC. There's quite a few boosted SC's and Supra's running around. They usually have big Toyota/Lexus meet every year in Tulsa. That's one of the few times where you'll see most of the Oklahoma guys together. I'm probably not going this year, but all of the information gets posted on the Oklahoma thread on Supraforums.com.

Do you ever go out to 39th street or to the car wash on the weekends?
Old 04-27-11, 09:37 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome to CL.

If you put a kit on the SC. Paint it.
Old 04-27-11, 10:31 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Welcome to CL.

If you put a kit on the SC. Paint it.
i was just thinking about a lip kit..like rear valence, sideskirts and some 18s(so i can keep my 17s for the s13) way cheaper and cleaner than a kit IMO

Yeah, I stay on the north side of OKC. There's quite a few boosted SC's and Supra's running around. They usually have big Toyota/Lexus meet every year in Tulsa. That's one of the few times where you'll see most of the Oklahoma guys together. I'm probably not going this year, but all of the information gets posted on the Oklahoma thread on Supraforums.com.

Do you ever go out to 39th street or to the car wash on the weekends?
i used to go alot to take pics for my blog and stuff but havnt been in awhile since my car looks hideous at the moment..i have seen a few around tho..a black on black one with staggered SP1s(i think) and some stanced out maroon one ive seen around a few times

ive been meaning to upload some new pics but keep losing/finding my memory card at the wosrt times =| ugh
Old 04-27-11, 03:06 PM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

finally some pics to see this POS haha

busted lip..at least she won the fight ha

not GREAT..but could be alot worse! oh and a random pic of the 40 cus i got bored =P

http://okstance.wordpress.com

Last edited by OKSTANCE; 04-27-11 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-27-11, 03:45 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by 240benzo
i used to go alot to take pics for my blog and stuff but havnt been in awhile since my car looks hideous at the moment..i have seen a few around tho..a black on black one with staggered SP1s(i think) and some stanced out maroon one ive seen around a few times

ive been meaning to upload some new pics but keep losing/finding my memory card at the wosrt times =| ugh
I haven't seen the maroon one. There's been a lot of old beat up pre-95 SC's running around, but they're all stock.

I didn't know you had a blog. You've got some nice shots on there. It's weird seeing so many stanced out cars in Oklahoma. Usually it's just trucks and Mustangs...
Old 04-27-11, 04:03 PM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

I haven't seen the maroon one. There's been a lot of old beat up pre-95 SC's running around, but they're all stock.

I didn't know you had a blog. You've got some nice shots on there. It's weird seeing so many stanced out cars in Oklahoma. Usually it's just trucks and Mustangs...
ha yeah thats why i started the blog..everywhere has a stance blog, forum, or something and we have...NOTHING!

theres alot more cars i havnt even got the chance to shoot yet
a few scions, some nissans, a couple hondas etc
its just nearly impossible tracking all of them down since i cant be on every forum and alot of people just do it cus they like it and dont follow forums
ive seen a sick benz riding around and a killer white is300 on bbs with red center caps im dying to get a shoot of..and hella bmws i wouldnt even know where to start tracking them down...

THANKS FOR NOTICING THO =]

Quick Reply: *OK* new to leXus family