SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New JZ for the SC and it aint a GE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-11, 12:30 PM
MR_Clean
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FMIC is the first step I'm taking for sure. I'm only looking for around 5-550whp so I dont need to do anything drastic. I'd just like a very streetable setup that I dont have to worry about breaking stuff constantly.

On my DSM I made big power but something broke literally every 3x I drove the car- no fun.

AEM EMS,FMIC, 264 Cams, 7XXcc Injectors, AFPR and Fuel Rail are to come shortly after getting everything up and running. With all that I should easily achieve my goal.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Oh, I forgot to mention I'm picking all this up for 4 grand. I asked in the first post if people thought it was a deal and forgot to put the paying price.
Old 04-28-11, 07:09 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too good of a deal, if u ask me u can go with a way smaller turbo & make 500-550whp, i say if u want a fun streetable car i would go with a 67mm turbo
Old 04-28-11, 07:13 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_Clean
FMIC is the first step I'm taking for sure. I'm only looking for around 5-550whp so I dont need to do anything drastic. I'd just like a very streetable setup that I dont have to worry about breaking stuff constantly.

On my DSM I made big power but something broke literally every 3x I drove the car- no fun.

AEM EMS,FMIC, 264 Cams, 7XXcc Injectors, AFPR and Fuel Rail are to come shortly after getting everything up and running. With all that I should easily achieve my goal.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Oh, I forgot to mention I'm picking all this up for 4 grand. I asked in the first post if people thought it was a deal and forgot to put the paying price.
lol what exactly broke on your dsm????
Old 04-28-11, 08:26 PM
MR_Clean
Rookie

Originally Posted by scviolence
lol what exactly broke on your dsm????
Man, you name it and it broke. Originally the motor crankwalked (suprised?), then I had electrical problems, broke the tranny 3x (torque and fwd dont mix well), EFI problems... The list is too long, seriously.

I loved the car and it was a blast to drive as long as I wasnt running from a dig. It was definitely no 1/8mile car, I think a Geo woulda passed me while either my axel broke from slicks or my Drag Radials spun. If I had to do it again I'd go awd and be done. I had a fully built trans from RRE w/ LSD, double synchro's etc. still would spin at 80mph if I downshifted.

The car was a lot easier to work on then the Lexus but that could be partially due to the fact that I had taken it apart so many times I was essentially a pro at it.

Only reason I was considering a 4088 is because I ran a 40R on my Talon and it had awesome response on a 2 litre so I would imagine on a 3 litre i'd hit boost pretty soon and make decent power at low psi.

The 2J is a new platform for me and I'm trying to learn and read/research as much as possible. I know the car's make awesome power but with the cost of a lot of weight.

My ultimate goal is to tear my buddy and his SRT-4 a new one around Willow Springs. He's always taking trash to me because I never got to take my Talon out there to race, it was a straight line car.
Old 05-26-11, 01:58 AM
MR_Clean
Rookie

Well took a little longer then expected but she's here! As soon as I can get my hands on a clutch pedal setup I can start putting her in. Pretty much going from a stock auto GE to this bad boy with a early model soarer R154
Attached Thumbnails New JZ for the SC and it aint a GE!-2jzgte.jpg  
Old 05-26-11, 02:58 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

that looks really wide on the exhaust side.. it looks like it will hit the strut tower BRO..
Old 05-26-11, 03:39 PM
MR_Clean
Rookie

The exhaust manifold is not mounted correctly to the head in the picture. I just have it mocked up for the time being so I could stare at it in awe and take a pic to post online

It came out of a 92 SC300 and fit so I'm assuming it wont have any problems going into my SC. I plan to change the turbo and manifold in time as well but other things are more important at the moment.
Old 05-26-11, 04:16 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Good to see another ie member doing it big keep up the good work. Post up pictures of your car so I can see if I have seen you around.
Old 05-26-11, 04:40 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a nice set up.
Old 05-26-11, 06:27 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

A 4088 is gonna lag as well... just a little...
Old 05-26-11, 06:41 PM
MR_Clean
Rookie

I'm not completely against lag but I'd imagine the spool characteristics and the efficiency levels will be better met with a 4088 vs the T78 33D. I'm not a big fan of thrust bearing turbos. I like the fact that they are rebuildable and inexpensive but I just prefer ball bearings, at least with the experience i've had.

4088 is just what I have stuck in my head for now, I might go bigger later depending on how things go.
Old 05-26-11, 06:44 PM
MR_Clean
Rookie

Originally Posted by N00bie909
Good to see another ie member doing it big keep up the good work. Post up pictures of your car so I can see if I have seen you around.
I'll post some pic's after I wash her lol. She's been sitting in my driveway for a few month's and hasnt been driven...batteries even gone dead

It's the only DWP 95 I've seen around town tbh. It's dropped on Espelir's and has some 19" TSW Estoril's on it. Aside from some window visor's its all pretty much stock.

Free beer for anyone local who's done the swap and want's to help out
Old 05-26-11, 07:14 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

I like the turbo I have now... if I go any bigger, Im going right to a 4788 or something along those lines. I dont mind lag and for my purposes it would work just great. My t-70 (.96 a/r hotside) lags pretty good but hits good too.
Old 05-26-11, 08:54 PM
MR_Clean
Rookie

Hitting good is the main purpose

I say I only want 5-550whp but that can change very quickly and always has in the past.

What kind of power are you making on the T70?
Old 05-27-11, 12:05 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats

Quick Reply: New JZ for the SC and it aint a GE!