SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Everyones car has its purpose. Whats your cars purpose?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-11, 11:33 PM
DealMkr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyones car has its purpose. Whats your cars purpose?

I'm just curious as to see what everyone plans on doing with their cars. For example I wish to make a clean daily with a little more "get up and go".

My Vision for my SC400 includes

-97+ front end conversion
-H.I.D headlights
-Restored Black Paint
-Rain guards
-After market front lip
-Subtle side skirts
-PBM coilovers
-New Bushings
-MKlV supra differential
-W58 MT Transmission swap
-CAI of some type
-Full exhaust system
-Blank rotors/hawk pads/SS lines
-Restored interior
-Stock metal panels pulled to the max to fit some aggressive wheels
-Loius Vutton Black headliner
-Some stickers supporting one of my favorite motor sports drifting

This is what I would like to do with my car and I can't wait for the process to start (currently building another car). Once I'm ready I will create a build thread which will include more specific information on the modifications and the process taken.

Now the idea of this post is to share your future plans of your car. There really shouldn't be any reason for anyone to hop into this thread to start petty fights about what mod you should do to your car. This is just to SHARE your ideas. Hopefully this will motivate some people (me) to making a build thread and doing some work for a change haha....Pictures are always welcome!!
Old 04-30-11, 12:09 AM
MR_Clean
Rookie

I'm a ***** enthusiast so I think my overall intention is to be able to pull up next to an exotic car and blow its doors off. At the same time I don't want to skimp on looks or the luxury feel (asking for too much?) and ride. I respect a person who can be happy with having a nice all around car. I personally have a problem keeping enough as enough. I constantly tried to make my previous cars faster or better in some way and it ended up in being a never ending project. I never fully got to enjoy it.

Sound's like a clean setup you have in mind. Stick to your guns and I'm sure you'll be happy with it in the end.

As for my car: Its lowered on Espilir's right now with KYB's, fenders rolled front and back on some 19X8.5(F) +20 and 19x10 (R) +20 TSW Estoril's.

I have in store over the next month a Knock-off Vertex kit (i have my reasons :P) Wise Spoiler, Window Visor's, Possibly Some more aggressive TE37's, 2JZGTE Swap w/ R154 and a 'bigger' single setup, new paint, rear diffuser and roof spoiler.

After I do all that it's time to save for some new paint, I'll be going DWP most likely- definitely keeping it white of some sort. An AEM EMS and more fuel along with a nice dual exhaust setup, I'm looking to get the interior redone completely w/ new leather and I'll probably SEM the trim pieces myself.

All in all I'm looking for around 500-550whp on pump and a decent suspension setup to get me around a track nicely

Last edited by MR_Clean; 04-30-11 at 12:15 AM. Reason: added my plans
Old 04-30-11, 12:28 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 432 Likes on 356 Posts

I see exterior and interior mods being the most important aspect of my SC. I may do a 1JZ-GTE or 2JZ-GTE swap though.

My plans for mods over the summer include:

-Possible 97+ body kit with front lip or Shine Auto kit
-Black or two-tone interior
-New speakers all around with an amp
-Tinted windshield
-2JZ-GTE or 1JZ-GTE swap
-20 inch SSR Professors or Junction Produce Scaras
-Going even lower
-Suede headliner
-New leather
-Put my new mufflers on
-LS400/IS350 brakes
-Bushings
-S2000 antenna
-Custom taillights

The swap may or may not happen. I like the way my car looks now, but I'll also be the only guy in the local Toyota/Lexus group without a turbo or V8, so it comes down to looks versus power. It's also possible that I'll sell my current SC300 and get a 97+ SC400, LS430, or Corvette.
Old 04-30-11, 12:39 AM
DealMkr
Rookie

MR_Clean- I love the energy in that post haha, and yeah that sounds like a fun *** set up for sure! I hope you achieve this with ease even though they say nothing worth having comes easily.

Kira X- I like the professional styling/ look to your idea. Very clean and neat I'm pretty much on that same path to to a certain extent. I'm pretty "hood" so I don't want to leave that raw look out of my build.
Old 04-30-11, 03:03 AM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hoping to get the BBK soon as well as a light tint all around. Also lookin forward to the two tone interior
Old 04-30-11, 03:42 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

A clean sleeper capable of hurting egos lol. I'm one tune and a tank of E85 away from 7XX to the wheels.
Old 04-30-11, 03:53 AM
ScAmor
Driver

AC bodykit and new RR paint job!
Old 04-30-11, 05:35 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I currently own 2 Soarers, here's a quick shakedown...

1991 UZZ31: Purpose is designated daily driver... basically stock except for 17" wheels and height controller, has near new TEMS airbag struts
* Repair any dents and scratches and throwing on all of the 97~ parts from my JZZ30... possibly respray in original 6M2 Jade Green or complete respray in 1C0 silver.
* Cat-back stainless exhaust
* HID retro
* Mild engine refresh (all seals, hoses, belts, ignition system and pumps)
* Full suspension bushes overhaul
* Turbo Soarer (or LS400) brakes
* Restore interior (new door panels and front seat guards)... will go either black/tan or all black, pending the final choice of body colour
* English EMV and PAL TV conversion
* 18" old school BBS RG-II's or 19" Trafficstars from my JZZ30

1997 JZZ30: Purpose is to take as much money as possible from me. Pretty stock as well... 19" RTS, lowered, exhaust, HID retro
* Respray body either original 202 black or metallic black
* Interior restore (Black leather seat trim, everything else is still top condition) and UZZ31 retro (turbo Soarers don't come with all the electric doodahs that the Limited or SC400s do)
* AC kit with new 97~ parts (fogs and tails, grille and rear spoiler)
* 1.5JZ VVTi conversion with all the necessary bits and pieces (too much stuff to list here, but basically thinking around a T04Z, new bottom end, rebuild cylinder head etc)
* R154A or V161 conversion with matching LSD
* Full suspension overhaul (coilovers, swaybars, control arms and bushes)
* BBK front and back
* 19 or 20" modular wheels (I change my mind every week on which ones though)
* Complete audio system install (took out my system and threw it into my GS300 lol).

This has to all fit around my current situation of course, like paying off a mortgage, looking after my family and throwing in a VVTi 2JZGTE into the GS300 as well

Last edited by BLK13X; 04-30-11 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-30-11, 05:54 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My ideal sc300 is very stock appearing, clean and under the radar with 600whp on pump / 800+ capable on Q16. Lowered on some coilovers with stock silver TT wheels and 285's street radials wrapped around them for traction. I want to retain the stock exhaust and have a full 4" electronic cut-out to flip open for kill mode when I'd like to wax the doucher mustang trying to show off next to me.
Old 04-30-11, 06:46 AM
sayayin
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car purpose is to run like on the wangan at high speeds. Now mods 1jz single turbo only got to 160mph, on ~400whp.
Old 04-30-11, 06:49 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cherplex
A clean sleeper capable of hurting egos lol. I'm one tune and a tank of E85 away from 7XX to the wheels.
Wow nice! Going try to achieve 1000?
Old 04-30-11, 06:58 AM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a fast street car. aiming for 800+whp after i get everything i need.
Old 04-30-11, 06:59 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by horent135
Wow nice! Going try to achieve 1000?
Not right now, even though I can probably make 1000hp on stock block, the rods will be on borrowed time. Will get a built motor if I decide to push it that far, I'm good for now.
Old 04-30-11, 07:20 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my summary: build an upgraded all around well balanced car.
Old 04-30-11, 07:50 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 432 Likes on 356 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by DealMkr
MR_Clean- I love the energy in that post haha, and yeah that sounds like a fun *** set up for sure! I hope you achieve this with ease even though they say nothing worth having comes easily.

Kira X- I like the professional styling/ look to your idea. Very clean and neat I'm pretty much on that same path to to a certain extent. I'm pretty "hood" so I don't want to leave that raw look out of my build.
Thanks. It's good to see we've got similar ideas. It's a Lexus, so I definitely want it to have a clean and professional look.

I may get a second SC someday and turn it into a straight up race car. It'd be the best of both worlds.

Quick Reply: Everyones car has its purpose. Whats your cars purpose?