SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Tire Stretching!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-11, 06:07 PM
BTsunami
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm going to do the stretch, thanks a ton guys =) If you guys would be able to give me a quick tutorial on it; it would be great. I couldn't find one and would like to try it out.
Old 05-04-11, 06:10 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scottys209
Call any tire manufacture and ask them about stretching, the saftey concerns and dangers associated with doing it... Wonder why most shops don't do it? Because you're distributing weight and force incorrectly, in a way that the tire wasn't designed to do, and they are liable for incorrect tire fittment when something goes wrong and causes an accident. There are hundreds of explanations available online, directly from tire manufactures, and tire shops explaining why. So no, I'm not talking out of my ***, it's fact. Saying "I run this setup and it's been fine" is like saying "I've been smoking for 5 years and I'm fine".... maybe, but you will see effects of it eventually.
i think you should drop it, honestly theres a million of people that stretch tires and have had no problem.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...on-sunday.html
here you go theres my thread on a meet we just had locally, majority of the cars there were stretched to a point. I can guarantee you these people have $$ and dont live with their parents. Have they killed anyone?
Old 05-04-11, 06:24 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MDSC, 225 was the stock size for my 1998.
Old 05-04-11, 06:32 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
Its a size of a pothole that matters, i hit potholes all the time without a problem and i dont blow out my tires. I think you have
a. no idea about stretched tires and just talking out of your ***
b.dont like that style
c.calling all the people that have vip cars like stance nation, fatlace, etc idiots and d-bags.

lol first off for the record I LOVE the stretched tire look.

Cent get a better look than that imo.

But its obvious tires werent meant for this and to be honest the first time I saw it I was shocked that any tire place would do this, i actually thought it would be illegal and had to be done at home or in a personal garage.

I have never had stretched tires but of course it affects the tires lifespan, durability and safety.

On a side note 'D -BAG' is my new favourite term.

wide tires dont make the car handle or get traction suspension does..

funny i always thought the wider the tire the more grip it would have? Silly me I guess

Guess all those perfromance guys with wide tires in the back are all for show---what fools they are.
Old 05-04-11, 06:33 PM
BTsunami
Rookie

Hey guys; lets just appreciate that we have the tools and money available to decide how we want our cars to look. Peace not war
Old 05-04-11, 06:37 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

i think you should drop it, honestly theres a million of people that stretch tires and have had no problem.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...on-sunday.html
here you go theres my thread on a meet we just had locally, majority of the cars there were stretched to a point. I can guarantee you these people have $$ and dont live with their parents. Have they killed anyone?
I am going to drop it, not because there's a "Million People" which I doubt, running that setup, but because it's like talking to a smoker about how smoking is dangerous and hearing them defend it with "I don't have cancer, am I dead? No"... It's also apparently obvious that it's 2 or 3 guy's defending what they have on thier car, instead of applying simple logic... Here's a quick bent rim from camber and stretching thread right here from CL in the GS forum.. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...wy-fail-2.html
Enjoy you're increased rotational mass with decreased grip and ill-performance effects.
Old 05-04-11, 06:38 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BTsunami
Hey guys; lets just appreciate that we have the tools and money available to decide how we want our cars to look. Peace not war
Peace not war?

I say fact not fiction
Old 05-04-11, 06:41 PM
BTsunami
Rookie

Bruh if some people enjoy it, let em be. If they feel comfortable in that set up you shouldn't not their grind because of facts. Its like skydiving is dangerous but people do it for the thrill, same thing digg?
Old 05-04-11, 06:44 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by scottys209
I am going to drop it, not because there's a "Million People" which I doubt, running that setup, but because it's like talking to a smoker about how smoking is dangerous and hearing them defend it with "I don't have cancer, am I dead? No"... It's also apparently obvious that it's 2 or 3 guy's defending what they have on thier car, instead of applying simple logic... Here's a quick bent rim from camber and stretching thread right here from CL in the GS forum.. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...wy-fail-2.html
Enjoy you're increased rotational mass with decreased grip and ill-performance effects.
you not going to drop, because you're ignorant...carry on
Old 05-04-11, 06:52 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

so is this what the corner hugging, awsome set up should look like? wow if you werent in Ca, i would love to take you out on the back roads and show you what a stretched tire car can do...but carry on with your stock height stock 16" wheel car
Old 05-04-11, 07:00 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

LOL ^^^^^MDSC is getting angry again and somewhat abusive.

He wants to take you to the 'back roads' and teach u what he can do lol.

Also not once did i see anyone say they were proud to run 16's and have that sucked in look, there is a happy medium beetween and a sucked in stockie and a extremely stretched tire, its called a proper fitting wheel.

From an outsider perspective mdsc you are wrong and its not the first time.
Old 05-04-11, 07:06 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
LOL ^^^^^MDSC is getting angry again and somewhat abusive.

He wants to take you to the 'back roads' and teach u what he can do lol.

Also not once did i see anyone say they were proud to run 16's and have that sucked in look, there is a happy medium beetween and a sucked in stockie and a extremely stretched tire, its called a proper fitting wheel.

From an outsider perspective mdsc you are wrong and its not the first time.
You and him have something in common, you both argue till youre blue and talk smack about other things you know nothing about.
1. You argue about supra...and never driven or even rode in one.
2. Hes arguing about tire stretching from reading about it on the interwebs and owning a stock sc300, which handles like a old boat on stock sunken 16" wheels that are more narrow then 8.5"
and who said anything about extreme stretch? 215 on 8.5 its not even a stretch, i didnt have to use an air cheater or lighter fluid to get the bead to sit on the front...how is that extreme if anything its a baby stretch.
Old 05-04-11, 07:14 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

LOL mdsc its you that argues points till your bblack and blue, and that would be fine except that you argue losing points.

Tell me again how wider tires dont help with grip as i missed that. lol

Ahhh im done arguing as well i dont want to be labeled 'ignorant' or get threatened to be taken to the back roads for proving you wrong. lol

It takes a man to admit hes wrong mdsc , dont resort to petty insults and big talk to compensate for your false statements.

Always fun arguing with you mdsc it really is.

lol classic
Old 05-04-11, 07:15 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gosh, you guys.

For the record, a 235/45 on a 9" is a bit of a stretch. The sidewall is not vertical, maybe. 10 degrees inward. Just to sort of get on topic...
Old 05-04-11, 07:20 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
LOL mdsc its you that argues points till your bblack and blue, and that would be fine except that you argue losing points.

Tell me again how wider tires dont help with grip as i missed that. lol

Ahhh im done arguing as well i dont want to be labeled 'ignorant' or get threatened to be taken to the back roads for proving you wrong. lol

Always fun arguing with you mdsc it really is.

lol classic
Where did i threaten anyone? I simply said i would love to show that the car handles great and i know for a fact better then his, i had multiple set ups, stock, 16" with 225s lowered, supra tt wheels with wide tires, and now this set up it has handled the best. You can think and read what you want, but i know from experience.

Quick Reply: Tire Stretching!