SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Tire Stretching!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-11, 09:42 AM
8600RPM
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
yep trying to sell whats left of the car on Ls1tech right now, 8 sec longblock. My plans for the SC are very simple, good looking car with a little bit of HP, na-t with about 400rwhp. I know that no SC will hook with any tire with 400rwhp in 1st or even 2nd no matter what size z rated regular tire youre using. You can run 325s or 245 and you will spin just as much. Run a Dr and then you can hook, which i dont intend on doing. My plans are just to be a reliable cruiser that i can play around on the highway with. I'm just drained from strip set ups and working 100+ hours a week on a car that can go down the track a few times.
Can't argue that, I've got the same goals man. Something that looks good, with a little bit of fun if needed.
Old 05-05-11, 10:01 AM
scottys209
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 8600RPM
You sir, are providing me good entertainment today.
As you are to me.... Hypocrisy is huge on this site, and quite amusing... When people are selling their cars it's always worth some crazy amount, the same car someone else can be looking at buying is worth half.... One style is correct because "people should be free to do what they please to their cars" and another style isn't because the general consensus of the other style's fanboys says it isn't.... It passes the slow times at work quite well for me.
Old 05-05-11, 10:04 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SOooo...we can all agree stretching tires is a thing of personal style, tastes, and preference?
does it look better than a fatty meaty tire for a street car? IMO yes
does it look cool to see on a hard driven track car-hell yes.

is it for everyone..no

MAD MIKE REPPIN =]

and joel from c's garage

and as far as saftey..im on several "fitment heavy" forums like zilvia, stancenation, stanceworks, wrongfitmentcrew, fatlace, slamburglars, and canibeat(not even including motormavens and speedhunters because they have alot of both styles)...havnt seen one thread of anyone dying or even getting in an accident from running stretched tires

Last edited by OKSTANCE; 05-05-11 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-05-11, 11:36 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

^^ that is one nice FC ibtl
Old 05-05-11, 11:58 AM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, but I couldn't let that Cyber Evo response go lol. Here are photos someone took of it's wheels/tires at a super lap battle in Australia on race day. They certainly don't look as stretched as those in the original photo. A 265 race tires is not that stretched on a 10.5" wheel.

Old 05-05-11, 12:11 PM
iwannadie
Driver

I would without a doubt rather have as much rubber on the road as possible, with a wide rim put the widest tire possible on it. I see no reason to have a stretched tire. That said, it is personal opinion of course. It's like a lot of other fads, it comes from people being poor and making due with what they have, now it's trendy.
Old 05-05-11, 12:29 PM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

EASIER FITMENT-MORE LOWER, LESS RUBBING, LESS FENDER WORK..its has a purpose
and stiffer tires means easier sliding..
not everyone has fun going fast in a straight line only even tho its trendy nowadays for some to do =| haha

Last edited by OKSTANCE; 05-05-11 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-05-11, 12:42 PM
iwannadie
Driver

Originally Posted by 240benzo
EASIER FITMENT-MORE LOWER, LESS RUBBING, LESS FENDER WORK..its has a purpose
and stiffer tires means easier sliding..
not everyone has fun going fast in a straight line only even tho its trendy nowadays for some to do =| haha
Originally Posted by iwannadie
It's like a lot of other fads, it comes from people being poor and making due with what they have, now it's trendy.
If you can't afford proper fitment, suspension, fender work or quality tires, you are making due with what you have yes.
Old 05-05-11, 12:58 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

If you can't afford proper fitment, suspension, fender work or quality tires, you are making due with what you have yes.
Don't be fooled. Some of these guys spend sooooo much money replacing even the cheapest tires. I couldn't afford to look that cool.
Old 05-05-11, 01:03 PM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

I FEEL SO BAD FOR ALL THESE POOR BROKE PEOPLE WITH NO MONIES TO AFFORD BETTER TIRES AND PARTS

STYLE AND PERSONALITY ISNT A TREND

Last edited by OKSTANCE; 05-05-11 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-05-11, 01:18 PM
iwannadie
Driver

It's like a lot of other fads, it comes from people being poor and making due with what they have, now it's trendy.
I like that I can keep quoting myself to reply. People who obviously have money to do things right but choose to stretch tires are doing so because it is now trendy.
Old 05-05-11, 03:14 PM
BTsunami
Rookie

What if I simply enjoy the way it looks, not because its trending but because I genuinely enjoy the look? You know, enough judgement.
Old 05-05-11, 03:22 PM
iwannadie
Driver

Originally Posted by BTsunami
What if I simply enjoy the way it looks, not because its trending but because I genuinely enjoy the look? You know, enough judgement.
I would without a doubt rather have as much rubber on the road as possible, with a wide rim put the widest tire possible on it. I see no reason to have a stretched tire. That said, it is personal opinion of course. It's like a lot of other fads, it comes from people being poor and making due with what they have, now it's trendy.
I said at the very beginning it is personal opinion. If you like it, go for it. It is not judging it was my opinion that I don't like it, I didn't say other people shouldn't do it.
Old 05-05-11, 03:29 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this "trend" has been around for 20 years. tire stretching is nothing new.
Old 05-05-11, 03:30 PM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

this thread is about tire stretching..not "why should i be too much of a pink taco to stretch my tires or hate on it just because its not the norm and i just dont like it"

people have been stretching tires for 20 years plus..if you dont like it start your own meaty tire thread and GTFO

Quick Reply: Tire Stretching!