Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drive my car plenty hard...not my fault they come slow from factory

BEING LOW ISNT JUST A STYLE-ITS A LIFESTYLE
Old 05-06-11, 01:06 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 435 Likes on 358 Posts

This is the kind of stuff that makes me not want to mess with the SC forums. Just a bunch of arguing over nothing...
Old 05-06-11, 01:24 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Kira, it is not just the SC forums.. there is nothing you can do to avoid it as many forums have too many Alpha Males/Chiefs and no indians (its a saying, not to be taken as racism).
Old 05-06-11, 01:28 PM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
This is the kind of stuff that makes me not want to mess with the SC forums. Just a bunch of arguing over nothing...
Originally Posted by Luv2xl
^ Kira, it is not just the SC forums.. there is nothing you can do to avoid it as many forums have too many Alpha Males/Chiefs and no indians (its a saying, not to be taken as racism).
Its ALL OVER on nissan and honda forums so its to be expected there are so many close minded, better than thou people on about every large spectrum forum..the great thing about the stance forums is that everyone is there for the same purpose and its a big family love atmosphere without trying to one up or put down anyone else. i dont talk down or call anyone else out for running stock height and wide tires but i guess we deserve it because we stand out? whatevs...its all lexus love
Old 05-06-11, 02:26 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 435 Likes on 358 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Luv2xl
Very true, but it can get pretty irritating on the SC forums. The reason why I always hangout on here is because I felt that the SC community was a lot nicer and above that all of that stuff. It could be worse though.

Originally Posted by 240benzo
Its ALL OVER on nissan and honda forums so its to be expected there are so many close minded, better than thou people on about every large spectrum forum..the great thing about the stance forums is that everyone is there for the same purpose and its a big family love atmosphere without trying to one up or put down anyone else. i dont talk down or call anyone else out for running stock height and wide tires but i guess we deserve it because we stand out? whatevs...its all lexus love
Yeah, you've got a point there.
Old 05-06-11, 07:23 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drive my car plenty hard...not my fault they come slow from factoryp
Touche.
Old 05-07-11, 12:14 AM
Jc4dint
Driver

If you must stretch, stretch it real good!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ted-300-a.html
Old 05-07-11, 12:51 AM
scottys209
Pole Position

I think that about sums it up for me about your mindset, I believe you were the first one to throw out "pink taco" in the thread, and also say something to the effect that "anyone with a personality doesn't want their car to look like everyone elses" if that's not talking down, I don't know what is.... This probably wouldn't be where it is if people didn't throw out "pink taco" statements when others (like myself) are just pointing out to the OP who is considering stretching, the cons that they may not know.... There was no "better than thou" intended, just educational information which is a major point to forums like these, it all goes downhill when someone tries to defend what thier mods by basically calling people who point out hard fact "pink taco's."
Old 05-07-11, 06:46 AM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scottys209
I think that about sums it up for me about your mindset, I believe you were the first one to throw out "pink taco" in the thread, and also say something to the effect that "anyone with a personality doesn't want their car to look like everyone elses" if that's not talking down, I don't know what is.... This probably wouldn't be where it is if people didn't throw out "pink taco" statements when others (like myself) are just pointing out to the OP who is considering stretching, the cons that they may not know.... There was no "better than thou" intended, just educational information which is a major point to forums like these, it all goes downhill when someone tries to defend what thier mods by basically calling people who point out hard fact "pink taco's."
Yea I was scratching my head about that one too.
Old 05-07-11, 07:37 AM
2slowsc300
Driver

This has turned into 8 pages of bs haha but I live in NC an most of our roads are in good shape more of a chaknce in hitting a deer or bottoming out in a dip in the road than hitting a pothole. I love the stretched look im goin to run 225 or 235 on my 10.5 when they come in. Do I agree with more stretch better chance of bending wheel in big pothole? Yes. Am I worried in the least about it? No. But then again tinted windows an talking on the phone while driving is a huge safety hazzard too
Old 05-07-11, 07:42 AM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iwannadie
Everyone gets so defensive when opinions don't agree...
Originally Posted by HEWJsc4

The only way a thread like this gets this many pages is when people start arguing...
Originally Posted by Kira X

... Just a bunch of arguing over nothing...
Originally Posted by 2slowsc300

This has turned into 8 pages of bs ...
Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
thread has been beaten to death now
+1

Mods, please feel free to close this thread up any time.

Last edited by good2go; 05-07-11 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-07-11, 08:17 AM
SC YAA
Pole Position

I dont get y anyone wants to Stretch a tire! That is all!
Old 05-07-11, 09:32 AM
8600RPM
Rookie

Cause he wants to look super JDM VIP Tokyo-Drift Tyte Yo! And have an even more terrible ride \ less rim protection from potholes than just low pro's alone.
This was your first post in this thread, which sounded more like a poor attempt at comedy, rather than "education to the OP"

Old 05-07-11, 11:38 AM
scottys209
Pole Position

Take it how you wish, probably could have been worded in a more PC fashion, but someone asked why a person would want to do it, and, that statement included two quick parts, an answer and another statement. A) it's only function is to fit a certain look B) the adverse effects it causes. I'm sure you'll have some clever, "forum cool guy" comeback filled with argument of facts, but I'm sick of arguing with the same 3 guys on here who will argue solid facts with "you don't know what you're talking about" or "your talking out of your *** and don't know anything about tires"
honestly, those statements befit someone who denies
that the cons of stretching
exist. Just say you're not
concerned with the safety of
yourself or anyone else, you
have enough money to
replace tires more often, and
rims if they get damaged,
that performance and ride
are no concern and you
chose the look over all those
things and that's it!

BTW: To whoever said cell phones and tint are dangerous while driving, cell phones are, tint really isn't as long as it's good quality, and 20% and higher is agreed by the auto industry as a safe visibility percentage, hence suv's coming with 20% tinted rear glass from the factory.
Old 05-07-11, 12:30 PM
8600RPM
Rookie

^ I've yet to say I agree with stretching tires in this thread, I'd love for you to find where I have.

The only thing I've disagreed with you on was your ridiculous claim that swerving 6" because of your stretched tires to miss a pothole would cause you to hit another car and hit a family. Its elementary to me that 99.9% of us would swerve to miss a pothole regardless of our tire size.

You keep coming in here and spewing "facts" that you know everyone in here knows, so I'm not sure if preaching to choirs is fun for you or you're just bored. Good effort on trying to educate, but poor, poor delivery.

Quick Reply: Tire Stretching!