33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

2005 mustang vs sc300

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-11, 07:07 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mongoose perhaps some people on here are uneducated, or learned English as a second language, what does this have to do with anyone or anything!?!?! Not everybody has the same opportunities as everyone else and not everyone is the same, thats what makes cars extensions of ourselves. I think this thread has hit failure and I also think it should be locked up because nothing productive is being discussed and nothing new is being discovered.
Old 05-08-11, 07:27 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtray
Mongoose perhaps some people on here are uneducated, or learned English as a second language, what does this have to do with anyone or anything!?!?! Not everybody has the same opportunities as everyone else and not everyone is the same, thats what makes cars extensions of ourselves. I think this thread has hit failure and I also think it should be locked up because nothing productive is being discussed and nothing new is being discovered.
I don't care if grammar and spelling are poor because someone learned English as a secondary language. But if you didn't, then yes we all had the same public school opportunities to learn how to write. People taking no pride in their only/ main communication to the world is, to me, not great.

I digress. I've got great pride in my car because its clean, tasteful, and nothing has been "rigged" on it. That's not what this forum used to be about. Now, you've got to dig through ****ty threads to find something worth reading.
Old 05-08-11, 07:33 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
I don't care if grammar and spelling are poor because someone learned English as a secondary language. But if you didn't, then yes we all had the same public school opportunities to learn how to write. People taking no pride in their only/ main communication to the world is, to me, not great.

I digress. I've got great pride in my car because its clean, tasteful, and nothing has been "rigged" on it. That's not what this forum used to be about. Now, you've got to dig through ****ty threads to find something worth reading.
So now we're talking about the forums content.
Old 05-08-11, 07:46 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you missed my point, and then proved my point all in the same post.

I didn't say they weren't nice cars. Mine is immaculate and it was when I bought it as well. But honestly, I can almost promise you that at at least half of the cars on this forum, even some always getting praised, are pieces of ****. Why? Because of the less than desirable demographics that are scooping up the nice ones and ruining they're own cars and any good image the model itself would have had. Hell, its like pulling teeth just to get a well written sentence to read anymore. I'm finding that many members either learned English as a second language or are just plain uneducated and dumb.

If you still disagree with me and don't see the truth in what I just said, then you're probably one of the idiots I'm referring to. Sorry to offend and open your eyes in that case.
Instead of putting down members education, demographics, spelling, language, members topics etc why don’t you take your negativity else where. This is more then once I have read something where you go off on ranting about this forum and its members instead of the original topic being discussed because its not to your liking. if you dislike this forum and its members so much go ahead and make your own forum to your own liking with **** style rules and GTFO of ours we enjoy it here and welcome new members no matter what demographics or education they come from and languages they speak.
Old 05-08-11, 07:51 PM
pwsc400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed! couldnt have said it any better than that!
Old 05-08-11, 07:59 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by ashtray
So now we're talking about the forums content.
Relative to some of the (what I would call) stupid comments from earlier in this thread and the people who wrote them, then yes.

This forum has gone down hill. Not the moderation, but the type of people have gone from someone who might have originally owned these cars, to someone who found one for a steal and picked one up and joined the ranks. It's not the fact that the resale value is so poor now, but the fact that it's attracting a very different type of owner.

Should I care? No, not really. Everyone has the right to do to their car as they please. But don't tell me you've not seen a downward trend in the quality of discussions on this board in the last few years.
Old 05-08-11, 08:01 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Instead of putting down members education, demographics, spelling, language, members topics etc why don’t you take your negativity else where. This is more then once I have read something where you go off on ranting about this forum and its members instead of the original topic being discussed because its not to your liking. if you dislike this forum and its members so much go ahead and make your own forum to your own liking with **** style rules and GTFO of ours we enjoy it here and welcome new members no matter what demographics or education they come from and languages they speak.
Thus is the reason I usually just lurk.

I don't care what your education is. I don't care what your income, skin color, or place of origin are. Is it so difficult to know how to write? That's *****ing being an adult 101. There are great members with great knowledge here, and then there are others that bring the whole quality of the site down. I don't think there's anyone here that would dispute that.

I'm done. Probably pissed enough people off for one night.

Last edited by MongooseGA; 05-08-11 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-08-11, 08:34 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,243 Likes on 866 Posts

Wow. A lot of drama in this thread. I'm not interested in that.

If your car is in excellent tune it will probably be a driver's race between your 5-speed SC300 and the 5-speed '05 Mustang V6. Both weigh about 3500lbs and both produce around the same horsepower and have near the same powerband. BOTH are very fun RWD cars.

Both are also muscle cars. SLOW muscle cars without much horsepower to sneeze at but they are both the same kind of vehicle. The Lexus just has more leather because it was marketed as a "luxury" car in the USA whereas in Japan it was a luxuriously appointed "sport coupe" (with more horsepower stock).

With suspension work and a good driver, the Mustang probably handles on par with a similarly modified SC300 5-speed. Personally I haven't driven any of the new Mustangs but even with a live axle rear end you're talking about a chassis that is fifteen years newer in design.

Forget the luxury argument. These cars are getting old and they were made in volume. And they are good cars. My SC300 looks like a luxury car but even without much horsepower it drives like a muscle coupe. This is coming from someone who owned a 1969 Mustang some ten years ago. Trust me, it's more refined and has some luxury appointments but it's a Japanese muscle car. It just needs a turbo to give it horsepower.

Personally I'm not worried about '05 V6 Mustangs but I don't race them either. My car is also a factory 5-speed.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 05-08-11 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-08-11, 08:49 PM
saleens281
Rookie

To OP I personally think it really comes down to the driver if it's a 5spd to 5spd. I do feel the SC should be given credit since you are looking at a 92+ SC Vs. an 05 and still being able to keep up. This comes from a mustang owner
Old 05-08-11, 08:59 PM
cheez
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this has been one crazy thread lol, but i failed to mention that the mustang is an auto. and the race was for ***** and giggles, but i wanted to hear some opinions before i run him again and too see if it is worthwhile.
Old 05-08-11, 09:27 PM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

You lost...... Mustang wins.
Old 05-08-11, 09:31 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

turbo ur car then run him for money lolzz
Old 05-08-11, 10:22 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

I think the OP is full of crap, His 5spd SC300 just straight out lost to a V6 Automatic Mustang...Him allegedly "missing a gear" is a fake excuse...Does he have video to prove it? Of course not.
Old 05-09-11, 02:10 AM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Relative to some of the (what I would call) stupid comments from earlier in this thread and the people who wrote them, then yes.

This forum has gone down hill. Not the moderation, but the type of people have gone from someone who might have originally owned these cars, to someone who found one for a steal and picked one up and joined the ranks. It's not the fact that the resale value is so poor now, but the fact that it's attracting a very different type of owner.

Should I care? No, not really. Everyone has the right to do to their car as they please. But don't tell me you've not seen a downward trend in the quality of discussions on this board in the last few years.
I agree 100%. While we have many new members joining these days, there aren't many threads that are worth reading any more. I miss hands-on quality DIY threads by older members and posts that are based on facts.
Old 05-09-11, 05:27 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

I think you missed my point, and then proved my point all in the same post.

I didn't say they weren't nice cars. Mine is immaculate and it was when I bought it as well. But honestly, I can almost promise you that at at least half of the cars on this forum, even some always getting praised, are pieces of ****. Why? Because of the less than desirable demographics that are scooping up the nice ones and ruining they're own cars and any good image the model itself would have had. Hell, its like pulling teeth just to get a well written sentence to read anymore. I'm finding that many members either learned English as a second language or are just plain uneducated and dumb.

If you still disagree with me and don't see the truth in what I just said, then you're probably one of the idiots I'm referring to. Sorry to offend and open your eyes in that case.

Thus is the reason I usually just lurk.

I don't care what your education is. I don't care what your income, skin color, or place of origin are. Is it so difficult to know how to write? That's *****ing being an adult 101. There are great members with great knowledge here, and then there are others that bring the whole quality of the site down. I don't think there's anyone here that would dispute that.

I'm done. Probably pissed enough people off for one night.
Mongoose you are all over the place and seem to have no valid point at all.

First were all 'jokers' and 'idiots' for having pride in these cars.

Now i assume youre saying im illiterate somehow or cant form a sentance?

Than youre talking about how these cars being brought down by people from certain demographics and ruining them.

Than youre off again in another direction about peoples education, all the while trying very hard to use big words and shwo everyone how inteligent you are.

Mongoose what is your ****ing point?????Youve made 4-5 posts here and i dont see where your going with any of it. Youre all over the ****ing place.

See if you have enough education to sum up your point in a few short sentances mongoose, we would all love to hear it.

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 05-09-11 at 05:30 AM.

Quick Reply: 2005 mustang vs sc300