Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

2005 mustang vs sc300

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-11, 07:51 AM
cheez
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
I think the OP is full of crap, His 5spd SC300 just straight out lost to a V6 Automatic Mustang...Him allegedly "missing a gear" is a fake excuse...Does he have video to prove it? Of course not.
Sorry ill try to drive, shift, and take the video all at the same time at the next race-_- im not trying to prove I should've won, I know I lost cuz I released the clutch before I got it into gear... I just want to hear some thoughts and opinions of who might have the advantage.
Old 05-09-11, 10:35 AM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Mongoose you are all over the place and seem to have no valid point at all.

First were all 'jokers' and 'idiots' for having pride in these cars.

Now i assume youre saying im illiterate somehow or cant form a sentance?

Than youre talking about how these cars being brought down by people from certain demographics and ruining them.

Than youre off again in another direction about peoples education, all the while trying very hard to use big words and shwo everyone how inteligent you are.

Mongoose what is your ****ing point?????Youve made 4-5 posts here and i dont see where your going with any of it. Youre all over the ****ing place.

See if you have enough education to sum up your point in a few short sentances mongoose, we would all love to hear it.
Here, I'll make it simple:

1) I don't care if someone wasn't raised on English. I have relatives that weren't. I care that there are many on this forum, however, that were, and can't write an appropriate paragraph. Call me a spelling/grammar **** if you will, but it's sad that someone who takes pride in adequate writing is considered the bad guy. There's a whole political side to this, if it were appropriate, that could be mentioned about the demise of the literacy of new graduates today. I learned everything I know about writing, spelling, etc..., in the same public schools most people here went to.

2) Have pride in your car. Please do. I do in mine. It's not the pride of ownership that gets me (laughing). It's the 'elitist' attitude because someone bought a Lexus. There's no need to have a big head and a dickish attitude towards another car simply because you think this 20 year old Lexus is so superior to a 5-6 year old Mustang.

3) Go ahead, tell me that your resale value on your car is the same as before they became the new 240. Now laugh, because that was a funny joke. I don't give a **** what someone does to their car, but there's no denying the image of what used to be a classy car has tarnished. I used to get asked "Wow, is that a Lexus? You look so young for that car" Now, I get asked "Hey, do you drift your 240 wannabe? I didn't know white people drove these things" Different strokes for different folks. There's a member here with a huge GT wing on his drift SC. Not my style, but he makes intelligent, worthwhile, and well-structured posts. For each one of him, there are five people who want to look like him and clutter forums with waste.

Also, because you seem to have such a hard-on for me, I've gone ahead and highlighted in red everything in your last post that would have points taken off of a typical middle school level writing assignment.

And with that, I'll stop cluttering. I shouldn't have started.

Last edited by MongooseGA; 05-09-11 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-09-11, 11:29 AM
samc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

na-t time!
Old 05-09-11, 11:31 AM
luvmysc400
Lead Lap

Sc300 all the way.
Old 05-09-11, 12:00 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this mongoose guy just needs to cool it!!!
It was a simple question that only required a " I THINK THE (BLANK) WOULD WIN "
smdh...

CHEEZ - what ever happens it should be fun who gives a crap if you lose!!!

RUN IT!!!
Old 05-09-11, 12:07 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
Here, I'll make it simple:

1) I don't care if someone wasn't raised on English. I have relatives that weren't. I care that there are many on this forum, however, that were, and can't write an appropriate paragraph. Call me a spelling/grammar **** if you will, but it's sad that someone who takes pride in adequate writing is considered the bad guy. There's a whole political side to this, if it were appropriate, that could be mentioned about the demise of the literacy of new graduates today. I learned everything I know about writing, spelling, etc..., in the same public schools most people here went to.

2) Have pride in your car. Please do. I do in mine. It's not the pride of ownership that gets me (laughing). It's the 'elitist' attitude because someone bought a Lexus. There's no need to have a big head and a dickish attitude towards another car simply because you think this 20 year old Lexus is so superior to a 5-6 year old Mustang.

3) Go ahead, tell me that your resale value on your car is the same as before they became the new 240. Now laugh, because that was a funny joke. I don't give a **** what someone does to their car, but there's no denying the image of what used to be a classy car has tarnished. I used to get asked "Wow, is that a Lexus? You look so young for that car" Now, I get asked "Hey, do you drift your 240 wannabe? I didn't know white people drove these things" Different strokes for different folks. There's a member here with a huge GT wing on his drift SC. Not my style, but he makes intelligent, worthwhile, and well-structured posts. For each one of him, there are five people who want to look like him and clutter forums with waste.

Also, because you seem to have such a hard-on for me, I've gone ahead and highlighted in red everything in your last post that would have points taken off of a typical middle school level writing assignment.

And with that, I'll stop cluttering. I shouldn't have started.
lol man you are quite the character.

So its my punctuation that your on about?

I thought it was my 'elitist' attitude. Sure it isnt my 'demographics'? Or my education or lack thereof?

Mongoose again you are just all over the place man and i dont think i will be debating you on anything else in the future.

Youve done nothing but waste my time and disrupt the threads direction.

Spouting dribble and blatherering on about nothing really.

The rantings of a not so bright man(kid) aka mongoose

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 05-09-11 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-09-11, 12:11 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by cheez
i ran my friend last night but i missed third but up until then it was pretty even. who do u think might win? i have a sc300 5spd with a catback single exhaust, stance coilovers, and 08 350z rims. he has v6 2005 mustang with an axel back and 18inch rims. i believe the mustang is rated at 200hp and 225tq and the sc is 225hp and 200tq? and the weight difference in almost the same.
Just to clarify: 2005-2010 V6 Stang was a 4.0 L SOHC V6 rated at 210hp and 240lbft
Old 05-09-11, 12:16 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Just to clarify: 2005-2010 V6 Stang was a 4.0 L SOHC V6 rated at 210hp and 240lbft
4.0 litre v6?

I think thats the biggest v6 ive heard of.

Interesting, they should of been able to get more hp out of an engine that size.
Old 05-09-11, 12:24 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

4.0 litre v6?

I think thats the biggest v6 ive heard of.

Interesting, they should of been able to get more hp out of an engine that size.
Well it was an ancient V6 based on the "Cologne" series engines from Germany. This engine is essentially a truck engine as it powered the Ford Explorer (and still the Ford Ranger). I agree that there should have been more power, it was what it was. I mean the 4.6L V8 in the 2002-05 Explorer only put out 239hp (upgraded to 292 in 2006) but still. At least Ford has started making some strong and efficient engines now. Namely the new 3.7L V6, 3.5L V6, 5.0L V8, 6.2L V8, and the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost to name a few

For what it's worth, I should add GM had a 4.3L V6 used on the old Chevy Blazers and the 2009 Trailblazer utilized a 4.2L straight-6.

Toyota also has a 4.0L V6 they use in some of their trucks and SUV's namely Tacoma, Tundra, FJ Cruiser, 4Runner

Last edited by Hoovey689; 05-09-11 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-09-11, 01:02 PM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

According to youtube vids:
Sc4 wins over the stang
Auto Sc3 loses to the stang
Old 05-09-11, 01:15 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dont lower yourself to his level, Lexus and Mustang should never be mentioned in the same sentance and should never be compared.
After 4 pages, now I know who you remind me of, Ryeno!
Old 05-09-11, 02:35 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
After 4 pages, now I know who you remind me of, Ryeno!
Perhaps you could elaborate on that a little bit, thanks

(edit)lol no need to elaborate, since youve quoted that post twice im sure you are hinting that im a nose in the air type lexus owner, I assure im not.

I still stand by it though but i think I catch your drift

No offense taken.

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 05-09-11 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-09-11, 03:09 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh God, gotta love the drama on a basically pointless thread Seems like I see way too much of it lately you guys are to funny. ClubLexus should just start a dispute/debate section for you people to battle on,

Now back on topic

Last edited by SC51; 05-09-11 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Grammer error
Old 05-09-11, 04:29 PM
8600RPM
Rookie

Lol @ guy coming in here and *****ing about something that happens on every car forum, and has been for years, like it's breaking news. I find that humorous.

What I find confusing is how someone can base an argument off a Lexus owners elitist attitude, and then proceed to (as a Lexus owner) talk down on Hondas in the next sentence. I was with you Mongoose until I read that.

Back on topic...

The HP and weight of each car is similar, the easiest thing to do is just run him again and report back, I'm sure the thread will still be near the top
Old 05-09-11, 07:52 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use to have the 4.0 v6 in my ford ranger. It was a beast, i put a supercharger (eaton m90) from a thunderbird on it. Graneteli MAF 80mm from a cobra along with 80mm TB, 42lb/hr injectors...and a few other things. That truck would scream...too bad i was too tall for a standard cab. The new mustang 4.0 was revised for 05 though. It use to have a 3.8l v6 in it i think. Any way the new 2011 v6 is a completly different engine with 300hp.

Quick Reply: 2005 mustang vs sc300