SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

An idea for all the New batch of SC people... Mods please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-11, 05:22 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BTsunami
Thats not fair to the new members who have questions, maybe you guys should accept the community for what it is rather than trolling on everyone. Honestly i've seen many complaints about the excessiveness of "crap" threads when you should be disappointed by the lack of "quality" threads. Simply because a new comer knows nothing about the vehicle they've recently bought does not make them a moron. Were ya'll morons when you were first introduced to a keyboard? Smh at the lack of support and love this community is appearing to have.

I have love for SC community, save some of y'all love for me.
so is that it you were first introduced to a keyboard 30 post ago? Youre posting stuff like "what color should i paint my car" might as well make a post "which looks better blonde or brunette or redhead" or "do you like oranges more then apples?" Point being is, you have a search feature on this forum use it, before making dumb threads.
Old 05-11-11, 05:26 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kingphilip
Hi, I'm actually one of the new guys here, probably you're also reffering to me or one of my posts as well.. I just think that that's unfair for us new guys, I mean, the main reason I joined Club Lexus is because I wanna get started with my SC the right way and not ending up like some SC owner's that spend alot of money but still end up with something ugly as hell or another SC out there would be left for dead.. Y'know what I mean? So far the forum have done so much for me and I've contributed a few as well, I mean, you can't compare us to you old folks since you guys have been here for a long time. Maybe the best thing the mods can do is to just delete posts that have been posted already instead of just letting it grow. In that way your old threads can be seen and found and you old folks get the recognition that you need for setting the path for us new folks. Not being able to post here of our concerns is really unfair. Hear me out before you make any decision like that.

Your missing the point here. there arnt enough mods to keep up with the random "I sat on the toilet today while thinking about my SC, there for I need to start a thread about it" Post's

In order to help this. people with under 50 post's wouldn't be able to START new threads. Post all you want in others threads. This would give you time to become acclimated with the website, the search feature and HOPEFULLY by the time you all reach 50 post's you will have gained enough knowledge to not make Worthless threads that you will only get laughed at and flamed for. You will save yourself the embarrassment and learn about your car all in one!

It will bring the community closer because you wont be getting bashed all the time and others wont join in.....

Kill 2 birds with one stone
Old 05-11-11, 05:29 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not a question of whether or not you can post in a thread, it's the starting of pointless or already covered threads. There are over 1000 pages in the general 300/400 section. Chances are what you are going through has been covered already.

Don't get upset when we don't answer your post or when we tell you to search. We do it all the time. I have found all of the information I need for my 1jz swap that I plan on doing by simple searching.
Old 05-11-11, 05:29 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I say you must have 100 post before you can start new threads thats just me
Old 05-11-11, 05:30 PM
BTsunami
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Appreciate it sir. Now no more double post's Start searching, and Hopefully we can save you
lol thanks, it was a mistake I made because I guess I mislead in the first post. But honestly, I came to this site to make friends and learn more about my car, both. So even if there is a search button I sometimes like to go ahead and actually speak to people, as we are doing now. Trust me I know the rules and understand the search but this way I am actually conversing with veterans. Where I live no onei has an SC so I am a one-man wolf pack but with this site I feel like I found my wolfpack, I knew I found more of my own. And my wolf pack - the hang over lol digg?
Old 05-11-11, 05:32 PM
BTsunami
Rookie

50 posts seems right,
Old 05-11-11, 05:32 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Your missing the point here. there arnt enough mods to keep up with the random "I sat on the toilet today while thinking about my SC, there for I need to start a thread about it" Post's

In order to help this. people with under 50 post's wouldn't be able to START new threads. Post all you want in others threads. This would give you time to become acclimated with the website, the search feature and HOPEFULLY by the time you all reach 50 post's you will have gained enough knowledge to not make Worthless threads that you will only get laughed at and flamed for. You will save yourself the embarrassment and learn about your car all in one!

It will bring the community closer because you wont be getting bashed all the time and others wont join in.....

Kill 2 birds with one stone
Ah okay, I get what you're saying... I was thinking how the hell can we make 50 posts if we're gonna be barred from posting threads... So basically when you say posts that includes comments to other's threads?? Well if it's like that then I'm okay with that... I've seen alot of dumb SC owners here aswell anyways... No need to mention SC, but Lexus...Dang, how can these guys own a Lexus and be that stupid???

But anyways, one thing I noticed is that before I came here alotta people didn't know how to convert to LED backlight for the gauge clusters except for LexTech/OLT.. So I guess I deserve something back from the forums as well, right??
Old 05-11-11, 05:34 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was going to make a thread about this. I was thinking in my head, damn the SC community went straight down under.

The threads are getting more and more retarded. Just looking at the first page,
- Someone save this SC
- If your selling wheels LET ME KNOW
- Buying ***** and inside the post - i know this isn't where its suppose to go but
- How much would this sell for

Bleh just too much junk, and people are posting SPAM. I remember reading one that was just
Oh man i'm not even gonna say anything i'll let the rest say
why bother posting that then.

Ah okay, I get what you're saying... I was thinking how the hell can we make 50 posts if we're gonna be barred from posting threads... So basically when you say posts that includes comments to other's threads?? Well if it's like that then I'm okay with that... I've seen alot of dumb SC owners here aswell anyways... No need to mention SC, but Lexus...Dang, how can these guys own a Lexus and be that stupid???

But anyways, one thing I noticed is that before I came here alotta people didn't know how to convert to LED backlight for the gauge clusters except for LexTech/OLT.. So I guess I deserve something back from the forums as well, right??
Are you going to make 50 new threads to get your post count to 50? Some people are stupid (new bloods and a few old), but some have common sense to search.

I know your thread for HID's every though everyone told you our opinions you ignored it and went with your original plan.

Last edited by abounly; 05-11-11 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-11-11, 05:36 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive found myself browsing the other lexus sub forums more than the SC section lately myself. Its great that we have new blood in the forum, but please dont act like this is your first time on the internet. Most guys here have been around cars, forums, or both. All we ask is that you use some common sense.
Old 05-11-11, 05:36 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm for 75 posts before threads can be started. It'll make people search, and if they wanna post in the thread where they think they've found the answer, then they can post. We also need a sticky on how to search in DEPTH.
Old 05-11-11, 05:42 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

i can guarantee you that your backlight looks nothing like olts, its not burnt out and has new bulbs in it but the way it looks..nothing like olt. This is the reason some older people on this forum get upset. Do you think i dont know how to change a freaking light bulb? I can def tell you that neither i or you know how to make the backlight look even. That is why i paid him the money i paid and waited 1 month to get it back, because even though i had to put up with pms replies to my emails, price and long wait at the end i knew i got a product that couldnt be duplicated by anyone else that does it for a living.
Old 05-11-11, 05:42 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Well said.

I'd personally make it so that new members are FORCED to read a ClubLexus for scrubs guide so they can grasp the basic functions of searching & etc.

But it probably won't happen and more people will come and create pointless threads.

RIP SC community!
Old 05-11-11, 05:43 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Do you guys remember the threads we used to have years back when guys made super hot SCs and did super amazing photoshoots and posted it here for everyone to enjoy?

Where the hell did those threads go and all those nice SCs with dedicated members that actually produced quality work?

There's only like a handful of them left here and there used to be quite a few.

It's frightening what this forum is turning into.
Old 05-11-11, 05:48 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ashtray

We also need a sticky on how to search in DEPTH.
I agree . . . but seriously, shouldn't EVERYONE under 30 years old already know how?
Old 05-11-11, 05:48 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Do you guys remember the threads we used to have years back when guys made super hot SCs and did super amazing photoshoots and posted it here for everyone to enjoy?

Where the hell did those threads go and all those nice SCs with dedicated members that actually produced quality work?

There's only like a handful of them left here and there used to be quite a few.

It's frightening what this forum is turning into.
A few things happened to those guys.
1. They have money and deceided to move on to something else like Milton.
2. They kept the cars and got tired of the chumps and dont post anymore.
3. Economy has gotten worse also.

Quick Reply: An idea for all the New batch of SC people... Mods please read