SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

An idea for all the New batch of SC people... Mods please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-11, 05:48 PM
tpham86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with OP. Also because for whatever reason lately, the forums arent loading for me everytime. It seems to timeout alot.

The cars are cheap enough now where high school kids are getting them. All the dumb annoying and pointless posts are usually made by the younger crowd, along with distasteful and redundant threads.
Old 05-11-11, 05:50 PM
DKJZZ30
Lead Lap

this is a great idea. it has been getting bad lately.while we are on the topic of eliminating dumb threads, we really dont need anymore "why do this to an sc" threads about SC's with 22s. we have all seen them and dont need to see them anymore
Old 05-11-11, 05:51 PM
MSBlade
Rookie

I'm new and I would agree that at least 50 post is not unreasonable requirement before being able to start a new thread. You got my vote.
Old 05-11-11, 05:59 PM
endodonist
Driver

I agree with you guys. It seems as if I catch myself reading about the same thing every beginning of the month, just worded differently and started by someone else. Sure, you guys can call me a "noob," but I think it would be a good idea to have at least 50 posts before starting a thread. I, myself, don't start any threads because I find it easier to click the little drop down icon "Search" and go to "advance search." Or I would just browse a little and find the answer pretty quickly.

Keep up the good work my fellow Lexus enthusiasts =)
Old 05-11-11, 06:02 PM
saleens281
Rookie

I'm new to CL forums and I agree to this even though it places me under the 50, 75 or 100 post count. I don't mind paying my dues. Coming from supraforums, my350z & stangnet first thing you are taught is the "search" function is your friend so use it. I read some of the threads started and I know why the OG crowd always gets pissed. I don't mean any disrespect but after reading some threads started on CL I've realized some people lack common sense or are to lazy to search. I find mods here are more lenient compared to supraforums as some of the threads I've seen here wont fly.
Old 05-11-11, 06:07 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree...it will cut down on alot of useless threads. Another should be the bad grammer, crazy slang and what not. Lol
Old 05-11-11, 06:09 PM
endodonist
Driver

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
I agree...it will cut down on alot of useless threads. Another should be the bad grammer, crazy slang and what not. Lol
haha funny you should say that because it's grammar, not grammer. lol
Old 05-11-11, 06:14 PM
tpham86
Pole Position

I feel like Ive been hatin' alot more than usual. I blame it on the newbies. I should start a haters club, maybe 1WILLY1 will join me. lol
Old 05-11-11, 06:25 PM
lexus95
Driver

It is a good idea but that also can make it harder on people like me. I've been here for a while and still have less than 100 posts. The comment about the high schooler part is a little offensive. I myself am still in high school and not all of us make a ton of stupid threads and do untasteful mods. I guess i'm not like some of them, I don't have the money to mod my sc400 the way I would want to so I'm just leaving it stock until that time comes.
Old 05-11-11, 06:31 PM
mak89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vietunit
Well said.

I'd personally make it so that new members are FORCED to read a ClubLexus for scrubs guide so they can grasp the basic functions of searching & etc.

But it probably won't happen and more people will come and create pointless threads.

RIP SC community!
Forced to read + and quizzed to create an account. I was a lurker on CL for 3 months before making a username so I kind of saw how things worked. I remember lurking on here and thinking to myself when I saw a thread, "damn you should searched..." I think a lot of newbs are attracted by the post status.
Old 05-11-11, 06:32 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It just that majority of the useless posters are from highschool. I was in highschool when i got my SC, but i learned the search button and made a couple of stupid threads i believe.. But I learned so my best friend is the search button <3

i checked up my thread creations and none were useless threads

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Do you guys remember the threads we used to have years back when guys made super hot SCs and did super amazing photoshoots and posted it here for everyone to enjoy?

Where the hell did those threads go and all those nice SCs with dedicated members that actually produced quality work?

There's only like a handful of them left here and there used to be quite a few.

It's frightening what this forum is turning into.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...oot-today.html

Here you go! i hope you like it :x its not all uh mazing, and excuse the reps

Last edited by abounly; 05-11-11 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-11-11, 06:36 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 436 Likes on 359 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Do you guys remember the threads we used to have years back when guys made super hot SCs and did super amazing photoshoots and posted it here for everyone to enjoy?

Where the hell did those threads go and all those nice SCs with dedicated members that actually produced quality work?

There's only like a handful of them left here and there used to be quite a few.

It's frightening what this forum is turning into.
I've noticed this too. That's what attracted me to the forums in the first place.

I've been hanging out in LS and ES forums a lot more because of how bad the SC board has gotten.
Old 05-11-11, 06:50 PM
SW2UZ
Pole Position

I support this thread, I try and help to answer/point out threads but lately it has started to get out of hand, we should have a rep system in conjunction with not being able to start a thread until xx amount of posts that way if they troll they get negged and are unable to start threads unless they have a positive rep.

Old 05-11-11, 06:57 PM
NjLexSc400
Driver School Candidate

you guys are cold blooded

embrace the new wave, new ideas, etc....

out with the old in with the new

i guess lol
Old 05-11-11, 07:01 PM
Toshima
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great idea but I would make it 100. Most of the time theirs know need to post. Just search and read, read, and read some more.

Quick Reply: An idea for all the New batch of SC people... Mods please read