SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

An idea for all the New batch of SC people... Mods please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-11, 07:06 PM
Tret
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JDMuscle,

I agree with you on this. Not gonna lie, all this post about SC being the new 240 has even gotten me to make a "rescue this SC" thread. I normally search for something but I'm looking for something more. I'd like to get to know my fellow SC owners. Other than having a red, white, or black SC with the 97+ conversion to be cool. We all have one thing in common. Telling people how to mod their cars. now, I don't want to sound like bashing the verterans. I'd just liked to see more about you guys than being a stalker (View profile) or just believe you're all mean to an extent.

My only guess to HELP knock down the already answered posts (especially the stickied ones) would be to post up new wheel fitment or keep the DiY sticky fresh with new posts. But that would be kinda of tedious...
Old 05-11-11, 07:07 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

lol man the place has really gotten out of hand lately I agree.

The pointless threads have been sort of funny imo but of course they do nothing more than clutter the forum up.

The problem here guys is its not fair to punish the majority for the few dim witted guys who make these ridculous threads.

The reason I found this forum was my sc started stalling and not starting and no mechanic could figure it out, I made a few threads over a few weeks and got to the bottom of it.

If there would of been a 50 post rule i would of severely delayed the car being fixed.

Yes there have been alot of nonsense threads lately i think we should just tell the op what we think of the thread and his lack of common sense/search ability etc....... and they will learn fast believe me.

But yes man it has really gotten ridiculous last few days /weeks especially.

But there are alot of new members here who have legitmate issues that we should be able to help them with.

The mods should give us a little more leeway when dealing with these guys, today i got my second warning for responding to an obvious troll who reposted the same thread twice after the first one was closed and called out a member as a 'retard' in the thread description, it was ridiculous to say the least.

Just my two cents

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 05-11-11 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-11-11, 07:09 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

This is the reason we all need to get together and raise the values of our cars! The Supra guys have been doing it for years!
Old 05-11-11, 07:15 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NjLexSc400
you guys are cold blooded

embrace the new wave, new ideas, etc....

out with the old in with the new

i guess lol

Coming from big bad 4 poster over here....

Out with the Old? you serious?

What is the new? a bunch of mentally challenged monkeys with keyboards screaming for big wings, Neon lights and Racing stripes?

This is MY home. Not yours.... and I refuse to stand by and watch idiots run it into the ground!

Welcome to the thunder-dome b1tch
Old 05-11-11, 07:18 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Luxor
The Supra guys have been doing it for years!

I honestly laughed out loud
Old 05-11-11, 07:22 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Coming from big bad 4 poster over here....

Out with the Old? you serious?

What is the new? a bunch of mentally challenged monkeys with keyboards screaming for big wings, Neon lights and Racing stripes?

This is MY home. Not yours.... and I refuse to stand by and watch idiots run it into the ground!

Welcome to the thunder-dome b1tch
Yes there is nothing wrong to call it like it is, if one of these guys posts a ridiculous thread we should just let them know how we honestly feel lol
Old 05-11-11, 07:27 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

there are a few outcomes. One of these is going to happen

~Get more Mods to help counter all the retards
~Relax on punishing active members telling retards off, and slowly we will stop this scourge
~Implement some kind of minimum post count before you can start a new thread
~ Let the keyboard monkeys run rampant until the SC section is dead, and inevitably most of CL will follow
Old 05-11-11, 07:29 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

I think a few stray "pointless" thread are making their way over to the 2GS section as well.
Old 05-11-11, 07:29 PM
schef300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtray
I'm for 75 posts before threads can be started. It'll make people search, and if they wanna post in the thread where they think they've found the answer, then they can post. We also need a sticky on how to search in DEPTH.
You sir are a genious we to start the new 50 post law asap plus a combination of a sticky on how to search in depth and MOST but not all the problems on here will be solved. Honestly I think I have like 20 posts but at least 5 were from flaming clueless noobs. I know I can't afford expensive parts so I save up. I own a Lexus and I want to mod mine likewise. The newbies need to understand that.......

Please stop all the "what should I do to my sc" threads,those **** me off the most. It's your sc do what YOU WANT to it stop going on to the Internet to ask for others opions it makes u gutless.
Old 05-11-11, 07:32 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by endodonist
haha funny you should say that because it's grammar, not grammer. lol
Lol...i know. I caught that after my post. Damn auto correct, you should see some of the words it spells. I have the android swype to text and it kills me sometimes. Thats why my posts during the day have edits. Either way I'm sure ya know what I mean. Some words these people use I have to look up on urban dictionary...lol
Old 05-11-11, 07:32 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
I think a few stray "pointless" thread are making their way over to the 2GS section as well.
Something has to be done then man and fast. I don't think the mods understand how bad this is ruining Clublexus as a whole
Old 05-11-11, 07:33 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Any mods in here reading? Please by all means step in and say something
Old 05-11-11, 07:34 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

coming from the new guy perspective i can say a few things about this. number 1 jumping through hoops drives people away. if you just want a bunch of lurkers and no new active members then by all means make a 100 post rule. 50 is not so bad though. it does not matter what a forum is about there are always going to be dumb questions and people that hate the dumb questions. i for one started creeping around here when i got the sc and didnt say much just kinda used what threads i needed. now i am getting more into my car and made my first question post recently. granted it was a newb question but the response i got was surprisingly friendly and helpful. so far everyone has been kind here and i think stepping outside the door to let someone in is one of the oldest nicest gestures anyone can give. i have laughed at my share of dumb posts as well. but not to say that those dumb questions are ruining this forum. if the title looks dumb you can skip over it. i have so many hobbies and for every hobby there is a forum full of old guys and new guys and there is always newbs posting dumb questions and old guys who either bash them or help them. whats wrong with helping the less informed members? i guess my point is dont turn into grumpy old men just cuz the kids are walking on your grass. build them a path and they shall follow it.
Old 05-11-11, 07:34 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Luxor
This is the reason we all need to get together and raise the values of our cars! The Supra guys have been doing it for years!
If you check my posts.... I have been saying this for a long time.... We need to do this.
Old 05-11-11, 07:36 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
I don't think the mods understand how bad this is ruining Clublexus as a whole
Without a doubt, Grant.

Dave, care to chime in?

Quick Reply: An idea for all the New batch of SC people... Mods please read