SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

An idea for all the New batch of SC people... Mods please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-11 | 04:56 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 200000

Default An idea for all the New batch of SC people... Mods please read

So, as all of you have seen in the past few days/weeks there has been a Huge overflow of "new" sc owners coming to clublexus.

I dont know about you guys but I am finding myself logging on less and less frequently because of all the garbage threads that are being posted by people with 50 post's or less. Some of my favorites that have already been posted and are now turning into a broken record...

~AMG soarer
~ What are the lights next to my head lights for?
~ my fog lights only turn on when my turn signal is on, But only one of them works
~ While these wheels fit?
~ Best body-kits
~ Im thinking of doing a 2jz swap, will it fit?
~ whats the difference between an sc300 and an sc400
~ my trunk wont stay open, Why?

And my all time favorite
~ So I was driving my car today, i just got it. Man i love this car

As I was at work today I was thinking to myself how can this all be stopped...

At first I thought of an IQ test.... but then I quickly changed gears because... well hell, I wouldn't be able to post then

Then I thought make anyone with 50 post's or less Not be able to start a new thread. Just like you aren't allowed to Post in the for sale section. It would not only save you mod's time and headache, But also it would save this forum from the ever growing Newblettes and the thoughtless banter that comes with them. Thoughts people?

Heres an SC so this thread is SC related, because lets face it, We are being hit the hardest by this epidemic :

Last edited by JDMmuscle; 05-11-11 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-11-11 | 05:03 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

+1 (10 characters)
Old 05-11-11 | 05:03 PM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

Agreed....I am logging in less and less.
Old 05-11-11 | 05:05 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
CL Folding 10,000

That sounds like a great idea.

Teaching people how to properly search would help too!
Old 05-11-11 | 05:06 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Although the new wave of silly threads is discomforting.... what I find most troubling is what these new guys buying $1000 SC do to their cars. We are just going to put up with it more and more because SCs are getting cheaper and attracting crowds that can't afford nice, expensive mods.
Old 05-11-11 | 05:06 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 200000

Thank you for voicing your opinions Gentlemen. Hopefully this will get the attention it deserves and something will be done about it. Otherwise, Many will no longer be logging on and the forum will end up with Wings, Altezza lights and Bodykits
Old 05-11-11 | 05:07 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

+1 I agree totally!
Old 05-11-11 | 05:08 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 200000

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
We are just going to put up with it more and more because SCs are getting cheaper and attracting crowds that can't afford nice, expensive mods.
this is true, However, it doesn't mean we have to stand by and let this forum be over run by morons with a keyboard. I think with a few little tweaks it can be saved. Hell even getting a few more Moderators would help. God knows these poor mods are on Overdrive trying to keep up.
Old 05-11-11 | 05:15 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

ah man do 19s look good on sc or too big, i might be trippinz yo!

I agree 100% with you brother, but i doubt anything will be done as much as we like for somone to do something about it. I find my self hanging out on neloc section more or the gs forum, i dont think i can take this "RETARDATION" much longer.
Old 05-11-11 | 05:17 PM
BTsunami
Rookie

Thats not fair to the new members who have questions, maybe you guys should accept the community for what it is rather than trolling on everyone. Honestly i've seen many complaints about the excessiveness of "crap" threads when you should be disappointed by the lack of "quality" threads. Simply because a new comer knows nothing about the vehicle they've recently bought does not make them a moron. Were ya'll morons when you were first introduced to a keyboard? Smh at the lack of support and love this community is appearing to have.

I have love for SC community, save some of y'all love for me.
Old 05-11-11 | 05:20 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 200000

Originally Posted by BTsunami
Thats not fair to the new members who have questions, maybe you guys should accept the community for what it is rather than trolling on everyone. Honestly i've seen many complaints about the excessiveness of "crap" threads when you should be disappointed by the lack of "quality" threads. Simply because a new comer knows nothing about the vehicle they've recently bought does not make them a moron. Were ya'll morons when you were first introduced to a keyboard? Smh at the lack of support and love this community is appearing to have.

I have love for SC community, save some of y'all love for me.

Coming from the person who made 2 threads about what color to paint his car, under 2 different thread names....

. Simply because a new comer knows nothing about the vehicle they've recently bought does not make them a moron.

There is a Search feature for EXACTLY this reason. these cars came out in 1992, Everything has been covered. Search and you shall find.
Old 05-11-11 | 05:20 PM
BTsunami
Rookie

BTW JDMmuscle your car looks incredible. +1
Old 05-11-11 | 05:21 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Hi, I'm actually one of the new guys here, probably you're also reffering to me or one of my posts as well.. I just think that that's unfair for us new guys, I mean, the main reason I joined Club Lexus is because I wanna get started with my SC the right way and not ending up like some SC owner's that spend alot of money but still end up with something ugly as hell or another SC out there would be left for dead.. Y'know what I mean? So far the forum have done so much for me and I've contributed a few as well, I mean, you can't compare us to you old folks since you guys have been here for a long time. Maybe the best thing the mods can do is to just delete posts that have been posted already instead of just letting it grow. In that way your old threads can be seen and found and you old folks get the recognition that you need for setting the path for us new folks. Not being able to post here of our concerns is really unfair. Hear me out before you make any decision like that.
Old 05-11-11 | 05:21 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 200000

BTW JDMmuscle your car looks incredible. +1
Appreciate it sir. Now no more double post's Start searching, and Hopefully we can save you
Old 05-11-11 | 05:22 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

100%Agree!!!

Quick Reply: An idea for all the New batch of SC people... Mods please read