SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Are our cars easy to break in?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-11, 05:50 AM
1of120
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BartleDoo
I wouldn't call it paranoid when some gangsters roll up on big *** shiny wheels driving the same car with a part that needs replacing. I think if you want to look gangster like that, then you get stuck with that stereo-type by your own choice and you probably steal stuff.
Yeah that's one of the reasons that I came upon too. The people that i've seen checking out my car didn't look gangster. But when my cousin described these two guys, it was just all bad vibes.

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
you have a pretty clean sc i cant even front!!
so with that being said you have every reason to be paranoid
so if i was in your place and had those guys circle my car i wouldn't leave it there

** it's better to be safe then sorry!!! and i'm almost positive that when the 2 way pager goes off by the time you or the cops make it to the scene the car will be long gone if they wasn't after just a part or 2!!
Thanks for the compliment. I just went out and bought an autolock, which locks the clutch, gas, or brake pedal down. That sucker is pretty hard to get off. I had to saw one off one time because the one I bought, the keys decided that it didn't want to work when i locked it. It was not fun.
Old 05-20-11, 07:32 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redforeva
Just buy a lojack sticker, lol psychological defence
lol, that's a good one...
Old 05-20-11, 08:08 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by OaklandLex
Yup all u need is a master key. I've taken a car from a guy I didnt like drove around all night and parked it the opposite way so he would be confused in the morning haha
your mother must be so proud.
Old 05-20-11, 08:39 AM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very easy fix. Just get a couple of these bad boys and slap em on the side near the door handles LOL

Old 05-20-11, 09:40 AM
OaklandLex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
your mother must be so proud.
Like I said that's not my thing anymore but I don't think u wanna be another guy I don't like son
Old 05-20-11, 10:04 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I would get a second alarm and call it the day. If they want it, they will get it, some how, some way.
Old 05-20-11, 11:03 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -Samurai-
Very easy fix. Just get a couple of these bad boys and slap em on the side near the door handles LOL

+1 I'm gonna print up some of these bad boys
Old 05-20-11, 11:06 AM
Sintokill
Driver

Damn .. thank god we got security all over where i work :/
Old 05-20-11, 11:14 AM
assass1n
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Lol you make it seem like our cars are a fcken honda and no its not easy if that was the case it be on the top list of stolen vehicles which they are not.
only reason our cars arent that high on the list is because theres no demand for used parts for it. all i used to get into my friends car to retrieve his key was a $9.99 car lockout kit that my buddy bought from a gas station. if you really want me to go into full detail i can. but i dont think too many people on here will be happy if people find out how easy it is. as for hondas do you even know how easy it is to flip stolen parts from them? i have a buddy that used to buy honda wrecked hondas to part them out. most days the parts are sold within a day of them getting pulled off the car. usually through forums, kijiji, or craigslist.
Old 05-20-11, 11:15 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OaklandLex
Like I said that's not my thing anymore but I don't think u wanna be another guy I don't like son
Oh yes he does

I never had that happen to me.. but i agree get a 2way alarm. You'll know exactly where they are tampering with. Killswitch's are good as well.
Old 05-20-11, 11:23 AM
assass1n
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MIGS
assass1n, i wanna see pics of your '89 GTR..
Here you go. http://www.flickr.com/photos/spyder0...7607937489626/ Thats from one of the shoots my friends did for my GTR.

I cant really post the actual pics on here cuz last time they got deleted by the mods. 99.99% of the pics of my gtr are with half-naked models. LOL
Old 05-20-11, 02:01 PM
endodonist
Driver

I was up reading this thread last night and I had a dream that my car got stolen. So, when I woke up, I went out and bought this. http://www.clifford.com/Products/Pro...?ProductID=726
Old 05-20-11, 03:23 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MIGS
put this sticker on your window...

it'll make anyone think twice about coming near your car.
i dont think you can legally shoot someone breaking into your car
Old 05-20-11, 03:26 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by assass1n
only reason our cars arent that high on the list is because theres no demand for used parts for it. all i used to get into my friends car to retrieve his key was a $9.99 car lockout kit that my buddy bought from a gas station. if you really want me to go into full detail i can. but i dont think too many people on here will be happy if people find out how easy it is. as for hondas do you even know how easy it is to flip stolen parts from them? i have a buddy that used to buy honda wrecked hondas to part them out. most days the parts are sold within a day of them getting pulled off the car. usually through forums, kijiji, or craigslist.
Break into and OR smash a window is easy on any car...stealing the SC itself not so much, again stop putting our cars in the same sentence as those fcken hondas!... Hondas can get stolen in under a min. If you have no expierence other then getting your friends keys out of a car stop posting ish

Bottom line is a pro thief can steal any car if they wanted too us as owners just got to take the right security measures so it wont happen.

Last edited by Joey-E; 05-20-11 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-20-11, 04:50 PM
Toshima
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mr/griffin
i dont think you can legally shoot someone breaking into your car
Think god in texas you can.

Quick Reply: Are our cars easy to break in?