SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My build... *Help Wanted*

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11, 12:54 AM
JoshRReese
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My build... *Help Wanted*

Ok, I was just going to make a thread about my current question, but I realized that this is not my first and will not be my last question that I cant satisfy via "search".

My car is a '93 SC400, but there is little about it that qualifies it as a 400 these days. The engine was poorly swapped to a 2jzgte before I purchased it. Ive since got it running right( still a CEL but Ill discuss that at a later date, known issue), but Im about to tear into it and replace pretty damn near everything except the head/block. There is an oil leak, but Im pretty sure its either the rear main seal or some poorly connected lines. Any other source and the block and head are getting built too. God, I hope I can leave it intact. Poverty already looms on the horizon.

To provide you with a brief understanding of what is currently modified Ill make a list:

19" Forged Rays (still on stock rubbers)
Tokico HPs/Tanabe Springs
Crossdrilled/slotted rotors with new LS4 calipers in the front, stock calipers in rear
Braided brake lines
Dual core aluminium radiator with twin slim 12" fans
Enough silicone hose(various diameters) to do the whole thing
Koyo tensioner
Gates a/c and p/s delete belt.

Thats it I believe...

Well, tonight I finally finished cleaning out my garage in order that I could jack it up and tear into the front of it. I had noticed the problem that catalyzed me to create this thread on my trial suspension/wheel/tire run and vowed not to take it out again until it is fixed. My question is... What was here before the previous owner removed it. I know its important bc the steering seems as though both front wheels conform to the road TOO independantly. I also notived one of those semi circle pieced in pic 1 as I was rounding all the random parts that were in the trunk. Can someone post a pic of what it is supposed to look like on both sides? I want to make sure I dont have the missing pieces(to be clear, I dont have anything that appears to bridge that gap) before I go deal with the junkyard guys.

PIC 1

PIC 2

Last edited by JoshRReese; 05-25-11 at 12:55 AM. Reason: didnt copy the bracket on the end of the html code
Old 05-25-11, 12:57 AM
JoshRReese
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another one of my theories behind the awful suspension feel is the condition of every.single.bushing. I noticed this evening the control arm rubber is cracked and falling out, as well as the outer rubber is super mushy and I can rub it off.