SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Parts interchangeable with Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-11, 11:46 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, a running, dedicated thread would be nice. You can search for hours through threads that may not actually have solid answers, plenty of threads are left hanging, incomplete. I don't like pointless threads either, but there is NO thread that is dedicated just to a running, complete list of compatible parts from other models, and it's actually a great idea.
Old 05-27-11, 12:20 AM
RockRash
Pole Position

i hope to get there. i checked the rx threads for details about the stock wheels and couldn't find half of what i was looking for. eventually i'll get a list compiled thanks for the pos comments and advise.
Old 05-27-11, 12:24 AM
RockRash
Pole Position

im starting with coil over equipped vehicles first see which ones are a direct swap on the sc's. be nice if i had a parts car or frame and then parts from every other lexus.
Old 05-27-11, 09:29 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RockRash
i hope to get there. i checked the rx threads for details about the stock wheels and couldn't find half of what i was looking for. eventually i'll get a list compiled thanks for the pos comments and advise.
you're very welcome, pos threads such as this one deserve pos comments and advise if thy are not going to be deleted.
Old 05-27-11, 12:47 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottys209
Honestly, a running, dedicated thread would be nice. You can search for hours through threads that may not actually have solid answers, plenty of threads are left hanging, incomplete. I don't like pointless threads either, but there is NO thread that is dedicated just to a running, complete list of compatible parts from other models, and it's actually a great idea.
+1 for this.
Also in response to this.
Originally Posted by MDSC
you're very welcome, pos threads such as this one deserve pos comments and advise if thy are not going to be deleted.
Ive been on almost every forum for every vehicle Ive owned in the past 5 years and not once have I ever seen responses like these on any other forum. You never even see crap like this on Lextreme or Lexus Owners Club.
What many of you "forum vets" dont realize is that people discover new things about these cars every day, so new and current info wont be found in those older posts. Every forum that Ive ever been a part of has had almost a sense of family whereas this one has a sense of a disfunctional family where daddy hits mommy at the dinner table, then beats his kids.
I swear, almost every thread I see on this forum is either some new guy being told to use the search engine or some making a thread to show of his new set of rims. Whats worse is that Im already starting to see the "im superior cause i have 1000 posts" attitude start to rub off onto people who joined about the same time I did.
I encourage everyone to go read through some of the threads on the 4runner forum, T4R.ORG some time and see if theres a single post from someone saying "use the search function" or someone telling another member to figure it out for himself.
In all honesty, Im not ranting about this because I want to make anyone feel bad, Im ranting because when I was a part of T4R.ORG I really felt like I was part of tight community and family, I even had a T4R.ORG sticker on my back window that whenever someone else with one would see it, they would honk and wave, and I really wish I could feel the same way with CL.

Sorry, I didnt mean to steal your thread but hopefully if topic keeps being brought up, maybe someone will do something about it.

To get back on topic, depending on the year, I know that the MAF housings are the same but the MAF isnt. Even though they look identical, any 2jz MAF will not work with the 1uz (I could be wrong though).
Gauge clusters from other Lexus models (excluding LS) can always be used for spare parts. Let me think on it for a while and Ill get back to you.
Old 05-27-11, 01:35 PM
soardrft
Lead Lap

I'm against this thread. Ill keep it simple. Everyone will post here and no one will want to read pages and pages of things that don't relate to their situation. Then that person new or old will be told to search. Then the banter begins. Sorry, but this thread would have been helpful when people actually took the time to read.
Old 05-27-11, 06:21 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Superjatt
The lexus sign I think is interchangeable
gas and windshield wiper
Old 05-27-11, 06:29 PM
RockRash
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mr/griffin
gas and windshield wiper
lmao yes they are aren't they. im just trying to figure out what parts we can use from the rest of the lineup. not saying all the parts will work but there's gotta be something that can be used. coilovers, suspension,tranny, engine parts. and of course any mods and fabrication to make them work.
Old 05-27-11, 08:46 PM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every board that's been around a while has issues between the "Gimme Nows" and the "Search Dammit" groups. I have to say I'm probably in the latter group. Just how many times do people expect the same info to be re-posted?

On the other hand, if there's some good FAQ material that isn't gathered in one place then a thread like this could be useful. It's not automatically a bad thing.

Obviously I'm new. The first thing I did was read the board -- that's why it's here! It's the reason posts don't just disappear after a few weeks. So far I'm back 150+ pages in the SC section to around August of last year. If I want to know something specific the answer is literally seconds away with either the site's search function or Google.
Old 05-27-11, 08:58 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MooJohn
with either the site's search function or Google.
Exactly And welcome to CL
Old 05-27-11, 10:01 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
Please learn about your car yourself, the info is out there and stop asking people to wipe your *** for you
+1
Thread should be locked.

Search.
Old 05-27-11, 10:18 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RockRash
lmao yes they are aren't they. im just trying to figure out what parts we can use from the rest of the lineup. not saying all the parts will work but there's gotta be something that can be used. coilovers, suspension,tranny, engine parts. and of course any mods and fabrication to make them work.
Lol...with fabrication anything will work or can be made to work. Just look at the 1uz turbo guys with 5/6 speed transmissions behind them. Alot of guys find something that works then post threads telling the rest. Most are on intellexual.net or are stickies in the diy. Anyway, mk4 and soarer parts will pretty much bolt on. All years 1gen sc and some early ls400 parts (mainly engine stuff). Other than that look for similar engine and chassis simularities
Old 05-27-11, 10:34 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

ok so i searched rite, will 2jzge interchange with 1jzge? or 1jzge vvti and 1jzgte vvti
Old 05-28-11, 06:38 AM
RockRash
Pole Position

im learning about my car everyday. but while it running in top notch shape im not tinkering with it. it's my dd until i finish building my engine for my rock.trail humper. cost a **** load in gas but i aint complaing. but when parts go bad im gonna find out what i can use to replace them weither it takes a lil fab or not. if that's the cheaper route vs paying out the *** for parts. (like those stupid windows regulators at least somebody went out and did it them selves and made a diy) better than 185$ each

if you want my thread shut down do it. i can't care i'll make another one with the same info as i find it. then when your looking for something and can't find jack remember o yeah there was guy who was compiling info and we shut it down.

some you wouldn't last a day over on pirate4x4 or anyother hardcore forum where ppl actually help and yes they tell you to search. and there is tons of info there not a buncha bs post by guys like you. no body want to read about your rims when their looking for direct info on specs for their car or replacing a part. there for this is titled interchangable parts for sc's using the other lexus lineup
Old 05-28-11, 06:41 AM
RockRash
Pole Position

here's a perfectly damn good example of where it's all going https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...fit-sc400.html

Quick Reply: Parts interchangeable with Lexus models