Warrenlex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job. Wish you were out in jersey. We could use you
Old 06-04-11, 07:02 AM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You got mad skills at upholstery work bro. Props for all the hard work. I agree black dash n carpet would set it all off much nicer if you need those pm me I have several of the black pieces 
Old 06-04-11, 10:40 AM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by santiquar5
thats a great way to upgrade the look of our cars...

my door panels are peeling as well.
Thanks I was hoping it was looked at as an upgrade. As far as your door panels go just re-wrap them and make sure you fix and reinforce all the plastic parts of the panel if you cant source a new or good used one.

Originally Posted by MSBlade
looks great, I was thinking about adding a little suede myself while I re-do my interior. Very clean and very well done, treating a Lexus like it should be treated.
Thank you, Yeah you should do it man my thoughts were that it added a classy touch to an already classy car. Thanks again glad you liked it!

Originally Posted by Mr.1.5
Very nice upgrade.
Thanks appreciate it.

Originally Posted by MrHimbert
soCal im about to embark on redoing my interior, and i like what you have done, i want the same set up but maybe different colors....PM me with the cost and what not of doing all that..judging by your work id be willing to pay you if you can hook me up fat like that lol ...maybe not all at once, but things like door panels first and what not, i dunno hit me up if your interested, thanks man
PM sent.
Old 06-04-11, 10:52 AM
socal72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Warrenlex
Great job. Wish you were out in jersey. We could use you
Thank you. Ive alwys wondered what the "East Coast" was like!

Originally Posted by flash92sc
You got mad skills at upholstery work bro. Props for all the hard work. I agree black dash n carpet would set it all off much nicer if you need those pm me I have several of the black pieces 
Thanks I appreciate the kind words! I have a couple of leads on those parts right now, so if they dont pan out i'll definitely hit you up and see if you still have them
Old 06-04-11, 11:09 AM
Shadowen
Lead Lap

I'm Liking it a lot. I'm going to be redoing my headliner. Do you have any tips. I can get the headliner material as well as the adhesive glue made for it. My girlfriend's grandmother owns an upholstery shop.
Old 06-04-11, 11:34 AM
socal72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Shadowen
I'm Liking it a lot. I'm going to be redoing my headliner. Do you have any tips. I can get the headliner material as well as the adhesive glue made for it. My girlfriend's grandmother owns an upholstery shop.
Thanks glad you likey As far as the headliner goes its pretty much straight forward just take your time and think it through do a test fit before you spray your adhesive so you dont have too much material waste, and make sure you work the material into the areas around the visors and the fold over into the front part of the sunroof this part you want to be a little careful with as far as your reveal goes. What I mean by "reveal" is when you look at the liner either through the glass of the sunroof or when its open you want it to be uniformly straight and wrapped tight, also there is a bit of a recess area on the headliner that fits onto on the sunroof assembly itself you'll know what im talking about when you pull yours down just take you time and you should be fine. Hope this helps ;Hey if you have access to an upholstery shop why dont you just have them do it?
Old 06-04-11, 03:54 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Default Heres one other thing I did

I also did the door vents black because after cleaning them up(no before pic) the looked like plastic that were baked in the sun, oh wait thats exactly what they were This is how they turned out:
Old 06-06-11, 02:01 AM
Shadowen
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by socal72
Thanks glad you likey As far as the headliner goes its pretty much straight forward just take your time and think it through........
;Hey if you have access to an upholstery shop why dont you just have them do it?
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Also, I like and trust my own work. One goal is to do everything I can for this car on my own. Something more like making it personal as well as learning things.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-06-11, 11:20 AM
socal72
Lead Lap

No dont get me wrong Im all for doing it yourself I just didnt know how involved you wanted to get with it. By all means get to know your car inside and out! I would like to see some before and after pics of your current and future projects so keep me/us posted/updated!!!!!
Old 06-06-11, 07:35 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many feet or yards of suede did you end up using all together on the entire interior?
Old 06-06-11, 11:58 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

how many feet or yards of suede did you end up using all together on the entire interior?
I bought what would be equal to 8 yards and only used 6.50, because I still need to do the rear seats. Dont know if you noticed in the previous pics, but they are not done yet. Hope this helps......
Old 06-07-11, 06:34 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

thats not too bad 8 yrds considering you did the headliner.i bought 4 yrds black vinyl. and i am only doing trims and door panels. this gives me hope i wont have to go back to buy more vinyl.lol
Old 06-09-11, 12:13 PM
FutureSC
Lead Lap

I don't think anyone has asked this yet, but what are you going to do about that dash? haha
Old 06-09-11, 12:15 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Where did you buy ur fabric from? I think im gonna do this minu the door panels so i should be ok with 6 yards what u think?
Old 06-09-11, 04:56 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FutureSC
I don't think anyone has asked this yet, but what are you going to do about that dash? haha
Yeah they asked, it was covered on page #4.....ha ha

Where did you buy ur fabric from? I think im gonna do this minu the door panels so i should be ok with 6 yards what u think?
You should be fine with 6-7 yards of suede for the headliner, upper quarter and door panels, front seats, and the rear deck if your not going to use any on the door panels, but keep in mind I havent done my rear seats yet. So to be on the safe you'll probably going to need right around 8. OH and I bought my fabric from a place in Rialto, CA called J&J Fabrics they are on Riverside ave. downtown. So your going to go ahead and just have it done? Thats cool cant wait to see it bro!

Quick Reply: Just A Teaser.....