SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Hit & Run =(

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-11, 02:47 PM
CASANOVA86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hit & Run =(

Hey there fellow SC enthusiasts, last nite I got into a hit & run accident with a 2000 Chevrolet Malibu & the person fled. After the police report I noticed that my SC frame was bent so now that's done. Then the cop says "well if you want the police report you can come pick it up in 14 days if not good luck." The cop said that they would look for the car, then the tow truck guy says he's gonna hook me up with a price deal & charges me $255 for taking me like 1-2 miles to my crib I was furious. So when I woke up today I haven't heard nothing yet from the cops so I decided to look for the car myself, so I picked up my chic drove around for like 20-30 minutes & found it. So now when I call the cops they tell me with these exact words & with an attitude "oh why did you go look for it, you shouldn't of done that, that's our job not yours you crossed the line, how do you know that's even the car that was involved" & I'm like "I know what car it is because my aunt had one just like that & I know you guys aren't gonna be determined to look for the car because it's not priority matter nobody was shot/killed & I need to find them before they take it to a body shop." Then she just says to wait there that they will send someone when they can, that was at 1:28pm the cop the cop finally shows up at 4:30pm & tells me "oh that's not our problem that's FHP's case call them." I'm like "WTF are you kidding me you could've told me that over the phone instead if having me wait here for 3 hours."

Last edited by CASANOVA86; 05-30-11 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-27-11, 02:58 PM
BTsunami
Rookie

It sucks when a land that was made for the people by the people becomes by the people for the comfort of the wealthy and respected figures. Take pictures of the car who hit you and their license plates so that even if they do go to the body shop, you have proof.
Old 05-27-11, 03:14 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

what a waste of time. Sorry to hear man
Old 05-27-11, 03:27 PM
CASANOVA86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BTsunami
It sucks when a land that was made for the people by the people becomes by the people for the comfort of the wealthy and respected figures. Take pictures of the car who hit you and their license plates so that even if they do go to the body shop, you have proof.
Yea that's what I'm gonna try to do now & I already got there tag #
Old 05-27-11, 04:12 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would have knocked on the guys door and told him to pay up man.

he would be so shocked that you found him, you could make up some bull**** about getting the police involved and get him in HUGE trouble because hitting and running is a felony, Give him a choice. Pay up and Pay well, Or go to jail =)
Old 05-27-11, 04:15 PM
CASANOVA86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
I would have knocked on the guys door and told him to pay up man
I wanted to but I didn't want them to say some BS excuse that I hit/threatened them because then it would be my word VS theirs.
Old 05-27-11, 05:32 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

video tape the ordeal man
Old 05-27-11, 05:48 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

That's really messed up man. I hope it all gets settled quickly.
Old 05-27-11, 05:52 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
video tape the ordeal man
Video is good, but you always want to have a credible witness with you too.
Old 05-27-11, 08:46 PM
saleens281
Rookie

While I would also feel like knocking on the persons door... if he/she fled/ran you may not know the exact reason why they did and could possibly go to the extreme and harm you. I carry a concealed weapon (CCW permit) and ever since I always think twice of what the other person may be thinking and the last thing you'd want is to complicate the situation.

Sorry to hear about your car bro and I do hope this #$ck gets what he deserves.
Old 05-28-11, 08:55 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Just give all the information to your insurance company and let them deal with it. Once you have pictures of the car that hit you with a license plate number, they can do the rest. Hopefully you have full coverage, as they will have to pay if they don't get the guy to pay, thus making them really go to bat for you.

Contrary to popular belief, there doesn't have to be a police report or a ticket, or even an admission of fault to sue the guy for damages, you just have to know who he is.
Old 05-28-11, 08:57 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Oh, and a bent frame isn't the end of the world... what part is bent? 90% of bent frames can be fixed easily with a hydraulic jack, and the other 10% on a frame machine... 50% don't matter anyways, so long as they don't mess with suspension mounting points...
Old 05-28-11, 09:47 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

ive had something similar before, use the plate online to find the address then go talk to them or call them (you can get a phone number and address for $15 online lookup).
do not threaten them at all cause that not going to get you anywhere, just let them know that they need to settle it by giving you insurance info or paying for damages or you will take legal action against them. they may be shocked at first but you will get results faster.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 05-28-11 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-28-11, 10:03 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
do not threaten them at all cause that not going to get you anywhere, just let them know that they need to settle it by giving you insurance info or paying for damages or you will take legal action against them. they may be shocked at first but you will get results faster.
This.^^^

I know you're pissed off, but don't do something that you're going to regret down the road.
Old 05-28-11, 10:05 AM
CASANOVA86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
ive had something similar before, use the plate online to find the address then go talk to them or call them (you can get a phone number and address for $15 online lookup).
Your completely right because I just came back from my insurance company & they said that they can't do nothing unless they have the other persons info. I ****ing love the way CL members stay together & help each other out right after the crash a CL member stopped & helped me by trying to get my car out of the middle of the road but we decided to leave it there for evidence. CL 4 LIFE!

Quick Reply: Hit & Run =(