SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Who has used JDMEngineDepot?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-11, 09:48 AM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has used JDMEngineDepot?

Zero Lift has a 1JZ/R154 setup, and so does JDMED for $2000 pretty much. Just curious who here has used JDMED and had good luck with them as far as knowledgeable staff, courteous (I am dropping a huge chunk of change with them), good customer service, as well as having a good product, etc?

They've always been quick to respond when I've asked them questions in the past so I'm leaning towards them heavily, just thought I'd get some more input from people who have actually purchased from them.
Old 05-28-11, 07:36 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

i got my 1j from them, they lied to me about my engine being a soarer but they shipped quick to tn. where are you located?
Old 05-28-11, 07:37 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

my egine didnt have a maf or igniter and it said igniter in the ad plus my electric pump was damaged joking

Last edited by mr/griffin; 05-28-11 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-28-11, 08:41 PM
saleens281
Rookie

I got an RB26DETT from them back in 2009 for my project car. If Will is still working there I will let you decide from my experience.

I received the motor and it looked to be in decent shape on the outside but upon further inspection (internals) that's when things began to take a turn. While I was missing a few parts I didn't really get pissed because It wasn't major and since my friend has a shop with a lot of extra parts we didn't make a big deal out of it. My friend and I had a plan to build the motor so we began to break down the motor and pull the internals and as we did, we found some standing water in cylinder 2,4, & 5. We sort of scratched our heads as to how the water got in there but of course it was standing for sometime which rusted the cylinder walls, pistons and camshaft. We also noticed the oil filter was missing and we know why. When we attempted to screw on the oil filter, we noticed the threads were stripped. How does that happen I have no Idea but it was a !@#$% to get the new part since I didn't want to run the chance of rethreading it and getting metal shavings possibly destroying the motor. My friend then said that I would need to shell out additional money to get it honed and we decided to replace the camshaft and pistons. Before we took any further steps I took some pics, followed their warranty policy to the dot and no dice. Will refused to split the charges, refused to take the motor back and also got pissed because we took the motor apart. He kept telling me to run the motor and see what happens. My friend and I laughed for a few seconds and then he hung up. It was the last I heard of him.

I said the hell with it, decided never to buy a motor from them ever again. If I was not going to build the motor and decided to run the motor as is... you can guess I would have had one hell of a night. After everything said the motor was up and running in a few weeks after some long nights. Sadly I was hit by a drunk driver and car was totaled motor still sits in storage. I've also seen one guy have the same issue as I did but his was an RB25 and I've also heard of others having bad experiences. I'm not going to tell you not to go with them as you can make your own decision and others have praised them.

Good luck bro and whatever you decide... I wish you the best
Old 05-28-11, 08:55 PM
countrygre
Rookie

i never had a problem with jdm depot, i went there in person to pick my own engine
Old 05-28-11, 08:57 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

Wink

Originally Posted by saleens281
rusted the cylinder walls, pistons and camshaft. We also noticed the oil filter was missing
that might just be a nissan thing.

jjm
Old 05-29-11, 05:39 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont buy from them. their scummy partners in at JDMorlando lie about what 1jz swaps they have.

they will tell u a 1jz swap is front sump for a SC300 when u need a REAR sump.

they lie just to get ur money. they ripped me off 600+ dollars when i wanted my money back.
Old 05-29-11, 08:50 AM
1jzgte603
Rookie

they ripped me off too i asked for the actual pic of my engine i would be receiveing the engine looked mint and when i received it its deffinatly not the same motor.. they want 600 buck to ship it back ....honestly find someone off either clublexus or supraforums selling one... do not buy without seeing it trust me
Old 05-29-11, 09:15 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered from "Total Japanese Total Domestic" Received the motor outside looked ok said it has 40-50k on it. Took the valve covers off and found alot of old sludge in there. I was pissed and as usual the company did nothing, bottom end was clean tho. I guess to anyone buying something like this that your not 100% sure about its best to break the engine down and replace the usual, seals water pump, oil pump etc etc. Other than taking the risk of just dropping it in and hoping.
Old 05-29-11, 11:06 AM
1jzgte603
Rookie

^ exactly what happend to me i got alot of old sludge on the top end and it wasnt the motor the showed me in pics
Old 05-29-11, 02:35 PM
sc300bigtx
Driver

call up arron at driftmotion
or try suprastore .com and call it a day bud
both very reliable companys and tons can vouch for them, myself included
Old 05-29-11, 02:49 PM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

Iv used jdmsource.ca a few times already, and only issue is they go out of stock quickly, but they email you pics of you motor being wraped up and everything send you compression check sheets and everything, I have never had a problem with them, nor have my friends who have used them. I am actually getting another 1j swap from them this comming week, ill keep ya posted on it all
Old 05-29-11, 02:54 PM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

I think I actually bought a KL-ZE for a Probe of mine from them once, I couldn't remember their name though.

SC300, I emailed Driftmotion just now but $2400+shipping from Supra Store for a 5sp 1JZ is just way too much, no thanks.
Old 05-29-11, 03:04 PM
sc300bigtx
Driver

this is just me saying this but i would much rather pay a little more for something knowing that im not going to get screwed especially on something as expensive as a swap
and $2400 for motor, tranny, clutch, and flywheel is a good deal
1800 seems steady going rate for 1jz off websites
r154( im assuming thats what tranny they are offering) $400-$800 thats not including shifter extension
clucth - prolly $100-$150 for used oem $300 plus for aftermarket
etc...
seems like a good deal to me bro
Old 05-29-11, 03:09 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

noone commented on the electric pump joke, i feel hurt