found a couple supras at junk yards

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-11, 07:11 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooJohn
I am 300 lbs so taking weight out of the car is kind of pointless
HAHAHAHA im faster then u i weigh 298... no really i do...i need to loose weight
Old 06-08-11, 07:19 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

100lbs is a .1 in a qtr mile...so how much weight are you planing on removing? why strip a nice car?
Old 06-08-11, 07:23 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn CL people are fatty i'm a mere 130
Old 06-08-11, 07:26 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

what? lol what? lol wtf. weight reduction? as if toyota didnt skimp on the interior already. thinnest lightest plastic ever. rear seats are lightweight foam. front seats only the frame weigh's anything. the only way to reduce weight in an sc is all carbon fiber body panels for thousands of dollars and for what a few hundred pounds. weight reduction is something honda civic guys made popular and nobody told them their cars looked and sound like sh#t. sorry man not tryin to be *** its just please leave the rice for the honda crew.
Old 06-08-11, 07:27 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

damn really i thought is was 150lbs for .1 i guess i been wrong all this time u sound more accurate and i agree the car is siick dont strip it or ill cry!

Originally Posted by sc300jz
Damn CL people are fatty i'm a mere 130
lmao.. proove it post pics or be out.. jk NO HOMMO
Old 06-08-11, 07:30 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bleedspeed
what? lol what? lol wtf. weight reduction? as if toyota didnt skimp on the interior already. thinnest lightest plastic ever. rear seats are lightweight foam. front seats only the frame weigh's anything. the only way to reduce weight in an sc is all carbon fiber body panels for thousands of dollars and for what a few hundred pounds. weight reduction is something honda civic guys made popular and nobody told them their cars looked and sound like sh#t. sorry man not tryin to be *** its just please leave the rice for the honda crew.
front seats are very heavy, weight reduction is what drag racers made popular because it works...when you maxed out your set up with 1000hp and added a 180lbs cage, you want to take weight out to compensate for all the weight you added, turbo,intercooler,cage, all the electronics...etc. Either way i dont think op is that serious about his car...so weight reduction is a waste and only going to ruin the car.
Old 06-08-11, 07:31 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

damn man no love for honda ppl... i had a crx with "weight reduction" lol. no really i did i could pick the rear of that thing up no problem. dont be so mean.
Old 06-08-11, 07:32 PM
1jzchris
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cmh
HAHAHAHA im faster then u i weigh 298... no really i do...i need to loose weight
LOL..................too funny!!!!!!
Old 06-08-11, 07:54 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MDSC
front seats are very heavy, weight reduction is what drag racers made popular because it works...when you maxed out your set up with 1000hp and added a 180lbs cage, you want to take weight out to compensate for all the weight you added, turbo,intercooler,cage, all the electronics...etc. Either way i dont think op is that serious about his car...so weight reduction is a waste and only going to ruin the car.
no really? i was merely pointing out that kids think that ripping out their interior will make their hondas faster obviously they have taken the idea from real race cars but simple fact is it has been made mainstream by the ricers. kids everywhere have civics with no seats and no ac/power steering simply because its what we call a trend. and one we dont need in the lexus world. just sayin. really not trying to be mean just making what i think is a valid point.
Old 06-08-11, 07:56 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

no really? i was merely pointing out that kids think that ripping out their interior will make their hondas faster obviously they have taken the idea from real race cars but simple fact is it has been made mainstream by the ricers. kids everywhere have civics with no seats and no ac/power steering simply because its what we call a trend. and one we dont need in the lexus world. just sayin. really not trying to be mean just making what i think is a valid point.
no i was kidding too. lol. i totally get u
Old 06-08-11, 08:12 PM
MKIVS374
Lead Lap

Yeah I k ow I got an Sc to have luxury and speed not to sacrifice. I am making good power 1/4 mile is silly with these cars anyways lol in my opinion. I am more of a roll guy myself hahahahaha
Old 06-08-11, 10:07 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI the cabin noise is MUCH worse without the rear seat in...just sayin...
Old 06-08-11, 10:49 PM
MR_Clean
Rookie

Just add more boost and you can forget worrying about weight

IMHO
Old 06-08-11, 11:10 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Tament
Jadu, that would be wishful thinking, i dont think those would last a second in a junk yard. I found one of those I am stripping everything from it and take it home.
nope, every last piece would probably be resold on ebay or the car would be rebuilt and resold with a salvaged title..

OEM seats are heavy as hell, but I dont think I've seen anyone install any mkIII or mkII seats
Old 06-08-11, 11:16 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by cmh
whats with everyone talking about weight reduction... lol.. add more HP and go faster. Just sayin...
Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Removing a spare tire to save 50lbs is extremely silly in my opinion and not a wise decision when you're in a sticky situation and need that spare. All in all, removing little things like CD changer to save weight is just not rational. I can remove ALL seats (but the driver seat) in my dad's van and it would only feel a tad bit quicker, if any quicker at all.... and these seats are some REALLY heavy mothers.

If you want a light car, the SC is not it because you can find a much smaller and lighter vehicle without needing to demolish your beautiful plush Lexus interior...
100lbs is a .1 in a qtr mile...so how much weight are you planing on removing? why strip a nice car?
Originally Posted by MR_Clean
Just add more boost and you can forget worrying about weight

IMHO
thanks for telling ti like ti is guys.

I left a post earlier on this thread but I deleted it for worry of coming across as rude.

Its ridiculous to 'gut' an sc unless your already pulling serious power and your looking to better your track time or performance.

These 'how do I reduce wieght ' threads are ridiculous for the most part.

Quick Reply: found a couple supras at junk yards