SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My Final Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-11, 05:01 PM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wasnt Driving...........................
Old 06-09-11, 05:06 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

dude your dad got water on the SEAT! do you know how high the water got in the car to get on the seat? why is there weeds all over the front bumper you saying those just swim in puddles on public roads? lol its nice that you came clean but you still are lying about the situation.
Old 06-09-11, 05:10 PM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap

it was raining super hard today... most places got flooded... im not a witness but he did say it flooded to the roof which was almost hard to believe... and i honestly dont knwo why he would borrow my car on a rainy day, cause i leave my car sitting there on rainy days.... he said he wanted to drive it... then came home two hours later smiling saying oh your car got towed.... he said it flooded very high even the tow truck guy said so...
Old 06-09-11, 05:12 PM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In tuan legends defense it has been raining in the chicago land area for a couple days now.
Old 06-09-11, 05:16 PM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 06-09-11, 05:21 PM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you know for sure that the engine is messed up? Pull out the spark plugs and loosen the bolts to the lower intake manifold and slide it away from the head to let any trapped water drain. Now turn the motor over with the starter to get the worst of the water out. You will also be able to tell if anything is catastrophically wrong with the engine.

If everything sounds okay dry everything off as much as you can and change the oil. Check the transmission fluid as there is probably in there too. Put it back together, take off the air box and try to start it. If it runs let it idle until it comes up to temperature then shut it down and change the oil again.
Old 06-09-11, 05:39 PM
MR_Clean
Rookie

Sound's to me like your Pops played a dirty trick on you and didnt want you having an SC anymore.

Like stated above, how do you know the motor hydrolocked? I'd pull some stuff apart and see exaclty how extensive the damage is before cutting your losses.

GE motor's are dirt cheap, why not get a new one and make the car better than before. I see you doing little projects here and there, swapping the motor isnt much more difficult then some of the things you've already accomplished.

You talk about getting a 5 speed SC or a MKIV which is going to cost you a ton more than even swapping a GTE in and getting it running great. I'd look at all your options before making an irrational decision.

Also, glad to see you coming clean on the fib's. Be yourself bro, you're young and got a long way to go before catching up to some of the guys on the forums here. Nothing's more impressive then someone who's honest IMO.
Old 06-09-11, 05:54 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

brotha dont take it as a loss id do as mentioned above do a swap before u get rid of the car or sell it to the poster that offered u 500 and buy another one... these cars IMO are way sicker then a supra... and for that type of money to buy a supra u can pick up a soarer right hand drive.... and then i wont care how much u lied ill tell everyone ur my best friend lol ull be slapping ur uncle up for sure!!!
Old 06-09-11, 05:57 PM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap

i wanted to do a GTE swap but wouldnt Emissions Matter for me?
Old 06-09-11, 06:39 PM
LeeSC300
Pole Position

vvti-gte lol Though tough to get especially a USDM one.. anywho.. Sorry bout the whole situation man. not even 4 days since the meet up. Bummer! SWAP TIME!

My guess: Pops wanted a little extra $$ from insurance... but I dont know the whole situation so my guess is as good as anyones.
Old 06-09-11, 07:20 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

Dang man, that's a shame your SC got killed so soon. You put so much work into it too. Swap the engine out with a clean low mileage 2JZ-GE and go NA-T or get a new SC.
Old 06-09-11, 07:33 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Tuan... I don't remember was your SC an original 97 or did you do the body upgrades when you did the repaint?

Anyways, in IL you only worry about taking emmisions if your car is a 96+ (and has an OBDII). You can do the swap no problem if your car is a pre 96.

Really sucks to see this happen to a good guy.
Old 06-09-11, 07:54 PM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Tuan... I don't remember was your SC an original 97 or did you do the body upgrades when you did the repaint?

Anyways, in IL you only worry about taking emmisions if your car is a 96+ (and has an OBDII). You can do the swap no problem if your car is a pre 96.

Really sucks to see this happen to a good guy.
yeah its the Original 97.
Old 06-09-11, 07:57 PM
sc400LEXO
Driver School Candidate

di mua chay xe moi!
Old 06-09-11, 07:57 PM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap

thanks guys for the help... i really hope insurance gives me enough money to ressurect her. i cam ehome and tried to start her up, shes coughing so theres still some hope!!! lets hope all goes well, and never to have FATHER drive the car again... ESPECIALLY ON RAINY DAYS

Quick Reply: My Final Thread