SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My Final Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-11, 09:50 PM
LeeSC300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Tuan's defense: even if he was lying, how is this any disservice to anyone here? Do you think he would go and pour water into his car, or intentionally drive in a huge puddle? It's not like he'd have anything to gain from doing so (It'd be a lose-lose). Stop harping, start helping.

To Tuan: Keep ya head up bud! Def. take FatBrian's advice!
Old 06-09-11, 10:42 PM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BigBang
Give him a break, everyone lied sometime in their life. In this case, there is no reason to lie. Anybody smart wouldn't take on a flood that deep though. Unless there was a bunch of cars behind and in front doing it.

Those rims have been on your car since you got it right tuan?
yes i had them since then, i got a set of TT rims just need some tires.
Old 06-09-11, 10:57 PM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bleedspeed
what? this statement makes no since. did you drive through the same puddle as tuan's dad? do you have water in your intake? i call bs on your statement
tuan just rest up tomorrows another day. if your not covered by your insurance at least you have an excuse to start a new project and do it all better. nevermind the haters. stay up above water player.
thanks ill give you guys an update 1st thing tomorrow afternoon.
Old 06-10-11, 02:37 AM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

1. Those are 100% not CCW

2. If the water got up to the roof who in their right mind would try to drive through it?

Either way, I would start over with another car and not do any DIY mods you attempted here, you totally ruin a fine SC, learn from your mistakes here and do it right the next time around. No spray paint interior that show the original color through the new color, no crappy paint job, just do it once and do it right even if it mean taking a bit longer to save up. Your out of high school now so you can't use that excuse anymore.

The best advice I can give is to stop lying, the person that usually has the most is also the one that is the most quiet. You aint gotta lie to kick it son.
Old 06-10-11, 05:59 AM
TurboCres
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TonyN
1. Those are 100% not CCW

2. If the water got up to the roof who in their right mind would try to drive through it?

Either way, I would start over with another car and not do any DIY mods you attempted here, you totally ruin a fine SC, learn from your mistakes here and do it right the next time around. No spray paint interior that show the original color through the new color, no crappy paint job, just do it once and do it right even if it mean taking a bit longer to save up. Your out of high school now so you can't use that excuse anymore.

The best advice I can give is to stop lying, the person that usually has the most is also the one that is the most quiet. You aint gotta lie to kick it son.
true. and lol about ccw's....

even if you did all of the weird mods to the car, it would have been much better for you to just not lie....

if water really did go up to the windows, that car is not going to be worth salvaging unless it is dried out properly, torn completely apart, and cleaned in every single inch, you are going to have tons of wiring issues, tons of other issues.... flood damage totals a car, no questions asked.

i just hope its not an insurance scam to get money out of the car just to buy a supra. the story does seem pretty fishy, no one drives a low car into a huge body of water during flood times (when you can't even see the sidewalk or the side of the road, you don't drive through it unless you are in a lifted truck).

my old mkiii from long ago was up the top of the dash in water, and it was such a nightmare to repair electrically that i trashed it and went with a cressida instead. dont keep the sc, collect the insurance and move on.
Old 06-10-11, 06:43 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys lets keep this thread polite and mature please. If you can't do that, don't use this button
Guys I'm going to ask one more time, then I'm going to start using THIS button. Posts removed, knock it off.
Attached Images  
Old 06-10-11, 06:43 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

actually just an fyi here wen i was like 13 i had a crx and didnt kno jack about cars and drove thru a puddle on purpose trying to hyrdro plane going fast and my car stopped right in the middle of it... i got down to push the car out the waterand it was only up to my shin... diagnosis hydrolocked. his story is possible especially if u dnt know jack about cars. his dad probably didnt know any better

note: he probably said the water went up to the roof because he was halling a$$ lol and had the windows down
Old 06-10-11, 07:20 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

Ouch...

You say it turns over now?

I'd replace all of the fluids then check for spark, air, and fuel.
Old 06-10-11, 07:29 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Water up to the roof? Did your dad swallow water? Was his clothes wet when you seen him, if the timing was right? This story definitely does not add up..

And those are not CCW's.

sorry for the car, but you can always make some good money from it due to its exterior color and the black interior..

Good luck in life..

Last edited by Luv2xl; 06-10-11 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-10-11, 07:44 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Luv2xl
but you can always make some good money from it due to its exterior color and the black interior..
If the car was originally an RSP & original black interior this would def be the case, buttttt....

Last edited by HiPSI; 06-10-11 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-10-11, 07:52 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lol @ this thread
Old 06-10-11, 07:53 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeSC300
In Tuan's defense: even if he was lying, how is this any disservice to anyone here? Do you think he would go and pour water into his car, or intentionally drive in a huge puddle? It's not like he'd have anything to gain from doing so (It'd be a lose-lose). Stop harping, start helping.

To Tuan: Keep ya head up bud! Def. take FatBrian's advice!
no i think he went and tried to drift it or hydroplaned into a lake...that is why his dad said no more RWD cars for you! lol Why else would you parents say they dont want you to have a rwd car after something like this happens?
Old 06-10-11, 09:44 AM
kwnate
Driver School Candidate

judging by the seat position I'd say the driver was about 5' 1".

How tall are you Tuan?
Old 06-10-11, 09:48 AM
TuanLegend
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kwnate
judging by the seat position I'd say the driver was about 5' 1".

How tall are you Tuan?
i am 5'11 10char
Old 06-10-11, 09:58 AM
CSSC400STL
Pole Position

Doesn't matter what happen or how it happe. It did so.instead of being negative try helpn him out

Quick Reply: My Final Thread