SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

should i buy this cheap thing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-11, 03:22 AM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by XxSC400xX
I've had a Levoc **** for some time now. Not exactly a direct fit, but it fits with a bit of trimming. It has an overdrive button and matches the woodgrain in the dash. I don't really care for the plastic feel of it and have been considering replacing the plastic wood with the real thing.
wow ive never seen something like this. that looks impressive. how difficult was this transition?
Old 06-12-11, 05:20 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never seen that **** either. didnt get it on egay. please point us to your source only piece of chrome in the interior though. but still looks better then most.
Old 06-12-11, 06:51 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Spectre and any car should not be in the same sentence... Seriously.. APC, Pilot, Spectre... whats the difference? Nothing.
All Purpose Cleaner?
Old 06-12-11, 10:39 AM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as I can tell, Levoc is gone -- at least from ebay. There are a few items still listed but they look like leftovers.
Old 06-12-11, 11:20 AM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bleedspeed
never seen that **** either. didnt get it on egay. please point us to your source only piece of chrome in the interior though. but still looks better then most.
eh you can paint that easily lol...black on that thing with the wood would look pretty sick im thinkin
Old 06-12-11, 03:37 PM
XxSC400xX
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScBouncE
wow ive never seen something like this. that looks impressive. how difficult was this transition?
Originally Posted by bleedspeed
I got it years back when there was a Super Autobacs nearby. It wasn't cheap (around $70 if I remember correctly), but they threw in the e-brake handle. Which was a cheap cover and I ended up getting rid of it. The chrome on the lever doesn't stand out too much, but I like the idea of painting it black. Getting it to fit takes some work. Some material needed to be removed from the inside of the shifter in order for it to slide all the way on without it making the shift/key lock get stuck. (it would be in park but the keys won't come out of the ignition. Also the hole in the black plastic bit that slides with the shifter needed to be enlarged a bit. You are also on your own with wiring up the o/d button. The problem I have with it now is that after years of pushing and pulling on it the plastic "wood" comes loose from time to time. Overall much nicer than stock though.
Old 06-12-11, 05:35 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
are you guys using manual shifters on automatic cars? Or am I mistaken?

If so why are you doing this?
because it looks better than the ugly original shifter... why else?

i got the idea from this guys car which is super clean!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYPs1...eature=related