SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

ARISTO 2jzgte extending harness

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-11, 11:42 AM
Meunvmost
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARISTO 2jzgte extending harness

ok so ive searched and searched and searched... ppl talk about using na harness's and frankensteining a bunch of harness's together...

here is my current situation..

1994 sc300 with aristo 2jzgte swap, wired in, BUT instead of extending or whatever it is jammed thru the USDM driver side door hole and the ecu sits by my clutch pedal.

im really getting sick and tired of it being there it constantly starts to slip under my pedal and gets in the way, and basically looks like ****. i would like it to be in the stock location. it currently runs and is wired in, seems as the person who wired it ran a jumper harness from passenger to driver side to connect the body components(tach etc) the only thing thats not wired in seems to be my interior hvac fan. which is also annoying no defrost.

so my question is.......

should i just cut my harness and extend it?

what should i do?
Old 06-13-11, 11:52 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cut and extend or buy a patch kit. I'm going to do the patch kit when I go 1JZ so that I can remove the patch to install SACF or whatnot without doing a headstand in the car.

www.autosportwiring.com
Old 06-13-11, 11:59 AM
Meunvmost
Rookie

yeah.... for 300 i rather just cut the thing and add 80-100 20" wires... and a roll of solder and a 12 pack of beer and prolly a pound of weed cuz ill be staring at these tiny wires for 4 hours.

is this why ppl charge 5-800 for "wiring service" ? i mean im going to be doing this IN THE ENGINE BAY in my garage, where these guys who offer wiring service require u to remove the whole harness and send it in, u think if u took the harness out it would be easy? just sayin.. im not taking my harness off tho. im just gona pull it out of where it is, disconnect battery first, then start, 1 wire at a time.
Old 06-13-11, 12:01 PM
Meunvmost
Rookie

and with the patch harness u gotta deal with a whole nother set of huge plugs that will more likely be sitting in ur engine bay?

realistacally though... how much longer does it really need to be? im just guessing 20" based on eye measuring.
Old 06-13-11, 12:11 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only a Soarer 1JZ harness can be extended. Everything else requires matching up the plug pinouts in order for everything to function.

Aristo harness

Requires the big gray plug to be replaced with the SC plugs and an extra ECU connector added.

Old 06-13-11, 12:14 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

He could extend the ECU portion of the harness, but would have to repin the body plugs correct?
Old 06-13-11, 12:21 PM
Meunvmost
Rookie

are u talking about to get the HVAC etc to work correctly?

cuz currently my sc300 runs. but the downsides is i got no direction vent control for HVAC (air blows but the director valve thing seems to not be wired in) and the fact that its in my driver pedal area.
Old 06-13-11, 12:22 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Impossible to say without seeing the harness.

The harness is wired up quite interesting. Most connectors receive power from the fuse plugs but ignition components such as fuel injectors and coils receive power from the body plug. The speed signal goes through the body plug to the combination meter. From there it get's converted into a single usable for the ECU and send back through the body plug. The wire to the outside air temp sensor is connected in the same circuit as the A/C compressor.

If the harness is wired up as Meunvmost says (which I have no reason to doubt) it's so poorly done that it is impossible to gauge what needs to be done without proper examination.
Old 06-13-11, 12:23 PM
Meunvmost
Rookie

im going to take some pics and post up what i got going on currently.
Old 06-13-11, 12:48 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

yeah that sounds like it could be a mess. assuming it wasn't a TOTAL hack job. If the body plugs were pinned correctly to the ecu plugs you could potentially just extend those ECU plugs just fine.
Old 06-13-11, 01:39 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If someone was so lazy that they shoved the wiring in through the drivers side and let the ecu hang there, I would rip the whole harness out and start from scratch.
Old 06-13-11, 10:42 PM
Meunvmost
Rookie

pics coming tomorow...

soooo in theory, since everything is working, except for the HVAC, i could take the harness and ecu from its place, cut a section add some wire and put it where it belongs no problem correct? and potentially figure out whats NOT wired and wire them in since the ecu and the extra wires will be more in the correct place?

i did notice also and i duno if i mentioned, but there seems to be like a 3-4 foot set of loomed wires going to one of the major plugs coming off the ecu and connecting to a handful of wires on the passenger side.. could this be the interior accessory plugs?
Old 06-13-11, 11:15 PM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

Bro do it right and send it out or get it done by a PRO!

pro·fes·sion·al 

[pruh-fesh-uh-nl] –adjective

-following an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain: a professional builder.