SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Wow, What do u think Guys?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-11, 11:23 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if he has the proof to back up his claims of dealer maintenance then it might be worth it. but never trust anyone selling a car period. the guy i bought my sc from was a nice old guy who lived in a fat house in a fat neighborhood and had a sweet family. looked like your average accountant. and he made tons of claims of how well he took care of the car and never had any problems with it. then i get it home and realized he had covered the cel with black tape. and over the next few weeks i would learn of all the electronic parts that didnt work and dump 2k into a tuneup. i am already 5k deep in this car and it has 190k on the odometer. now it needs a tranny. proof or its a lie is my new motto when it comes to buying a ride.
Old 06-16-11, 12:22 AM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

don't forget to negotiate my man, never hurts.
Old 06-16-11, 04:45 AM
SCupra300
Driver

Definitely will negotiate, thanks "2benvd"... and yes he said he got all the proof of the maintenance...
Old 06-16-11, 06:46 AM
trancuongv
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bleedspeed
if he has the proof to back up his claims of dealer maintenance then it might be worth it. but never trust anyone selling a car period. the guy i bought my sc from was a nice old guy who lived in a fat house in a fat neighborhood and had a sweet family. looked like your average accountant. and he made tons of claims of how well he took care of the car and never had any problems with it. then i get it home and realized he had covered the cel with black tape. and over the next few weeks i would learn of all the electronic parts that didnt work and dump 2k into a tuneup. i am already 5k deep in this car and it has 190k on the odometer. now it needs a tranny. proof or its a lie is my new motto when it comes to buying a ride.
2k in tune ups? come on man. you should hit me up over the weekend and i can show you wassup with the guys that i have around me that can help you out.
Old 06-16-11, 08:00 AM
gunyvw
Driver

yep... bleeddpeed is right... owners smile, embellish and take liberties actually not illegal they call (that salesmanship) something in the law but i forget exactly what.

the tape over the cel however, may be a case. that's tangible proof of misrepresentation.
of course its not irrefutable but its a point.

check out the under side also... everything i've bought from upstate (no offense, just truth as i have experienced it) had rust, including my SC (in some cases heavy especially a car that age)

got a car from GA. down south, did a tune up and exhaust work for about 4 hours with no gloves on and hands where relatively clean... i didn't make much of it until i went to wash up and noticed how clean, it actually shocked me.
Old 06-16-11, 09:56 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scviolence
id pay 4500-5 for it tops....it is defininetly a nice ride.
+1
Old 06-16-11, 09:59 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bleedspeed
Dang not cool, but then again you got to know what to look for and know about the car your buying cant assume all sellers are out to get you.
Old 06-16-11, 10:27 AM
Tament
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the VIN# go to the lexus dealership, anyone, it doesn't matter, their records database is nationwide. Ask the service manager for a service record of the car. That is what I did when I bought my car, that will prove whether or not the seller is lying. Do not ask the seller for the records, they will omit stuff from it when they turn it over to you, get it directly fromt he dealer. Hope it is a good buy for you.....$7200 is a little much for a 92, even with the milage IMO.
Old 06-16-11, 10:39 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 446 Likes on 368 Posts

if he has the records for it, I would buy it. Around here, you would be extremely lucky to find a low mileage SC under $6,000. It's too rare of a car to pass up!