Who's The Top Dog SC? 1UZ vs 2JZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-11, 06:12 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by account2x
Two words. Aluminum Block

Scotturnot has been doing this build for half a decade and I haven't seen a dyno chart with cost list.
UZZ-TT sold his kit I believe.
JDMmuscle isn't finished
RedPheonix is selling his car.
KC95SC400 (you forgot about him) got around 400hp before the engine blew and that was on meth
thats 5 people, 2jzge made over 800rwhp on stock bottom end ...the topic of this thread is top dog"who can make the most hp...2j has proven to make the most hp and run faster then 1uz if you going to argue it...i give up
Old 06-28-11, 06:22 AM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2jz all the way...this shouldn't even be close.
Old 06-28-11, 06:28 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Guys this thread has been pretty good so far with keeping to the topic of the engine choices and not the people posting in the thread. Well for the most part:

Originally Posted by soarer93
i guess it doenst matter... just goes to show the actual intellectual differences of the voters.
Soarer93, please exit this thread.

Other folks, let's keep the ongoing discussion polite and mature. Everybody has their personal preference, you can agree to disagree.
Old 06-28-11, 06:44 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

some of the post are really funny...
Old 06-28-11, 08:55 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MattStarr
You should add SC400 manual to the list, even though its not oem a lot of SC400 owners have done the swap.

I have a bit of a biased opinion when it comes to this, although the 2jz is a remarkable engine and is capable of producing massive amounts of horsepower without spending a ton of money, its kind of annoying when that's all you ever see in high performance SC's. The 1uz, in my opinion, has the potential to be equally as great, if not better than the 2jz but lacks the availability of aftermatket parts.
Don't get me wrong though, I still absolutely love the 2jz, even then 1jz and 7m, but I'm just getting really tired of seeing nothing but those engines being modified. That's why scotturnot, uzz-tt, jdmmuscle and redphoenix are some of my favorite users on CL.
I agree with you 100%. I have a GS and the amount of money I have put just to be a little quicker is insane. I could have boosted a 2J. As for the 400 manual, you can still pick the 400 as your base vehicle, what you then do with it is really up to you.
Originally Posted by soarer93
i think the whole poll is based on.. what car would you rather have.. if it was stock.. i mean comeon.. id rather a uzz32 - super charged or that sc500 convertible. but i dont see that option on here.. i dont think we would be talking about our 'fantasy' car .. turboing the 2jz to 900 hp.. i mean who the hell wants some slow assed 300 5spd? its not even fun.. a cavalier is fun by comparison.
bet you 50% of those votes alone are those thinking .. ya sc300 turbo with 5spd..

i guess it doenst matter... just goes to show the actual intellectual differences of the voters.
This poll is based on what car you rather have/start with. Most people rather turbo a manual or egine swap for the most part.

Originally Posted by bangdangvn
I thought this thread was to see who is the top dog SC?
Well, it's really a two part thread. I wanted a manual SC from the get go, so I would rather start with a manual and that's the route I took. As for who the top dog is? I think there are way more 2J making serious power than 1uz in CL. I know 1uz are big in other countries. I have spent many hours researching for parts, etc... But there's not much support state side for the 1uz and the stuff that is available, it's way too expensive.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys this thread has been pretty good so far with keeping to the topic of the engine choices and not the people posting in the thread. Well for the most part:

Soarer93, please exit this thread.

Other folks, let's keep the ongoing discussion polite and mature. Everybody has their personal preference, you can agree to disagree.
Everyone listen to Dave! FYI, he had a nicely set up 1uz in his GS

Last edited by GS FONZy; 06-28-11 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-28-11, 09:07 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Running hot exhaust pipes around your alternator, steering rack and radiator

Read that thread you'll see he has had nothing but problems with hesitation, idle issues and broken parts. From his signature he hasn't got a perfectly good steerable build.
almost everything you mention is just appalling and makes no sense through are whole little 'discussion'

read the thread? you read it, he is doing all this at home of course he's going to run into problems who doesn't run into problems? it hasn't been done many times. and what are you trying to get at with the hot side piping? you do know other v8 setups are the same way and their next to everything RIGHT? your really killing me... what are you trying to prove to me that i haven't already said in this thread somewhere?

Last edited by iridebmx; 06-28-11 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-28-11, 09:52 AM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez children relax. Either way you go your dump money you will never get back! So f it! 2jz imho is superior, but i like my 1uz for na better because of the tone and power. If i were to do a turbo. Id deff go 2j tho. Im still thinking if i want to supercharge my 1uz or not
Old 06-28-11, 09:54 AM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iridebmx
hahah no...... if thats what you've been thinking of this whole time than wow i cant believe i just argued with you...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...onversion.html
Account2x is a known 1uz hater so it´s up to you to continue arguing with him.
I think it depends on the application you are after. In straight line 2jz (GTE) are proven to make it real good, but on race tracks it seems the 1uz performs better as I saw some Supra racers going the 1uz route and leaving their 2jz´s. Even thoe there are some 1uz drag cars that are veeery fast and faster than most 2jz´s.
Psi vs psi the 1uz is a clear winner til 20psi where you need to modify some stuff to keep it going strong.
Yes, KC95SC400 blow his engine but there´s no accurate explanation of why it did blew. He was having some tuning problems just before that.
Adam Chytra made 530rwhp with 16lbs of boost with a t88 turbo on his stock 1uz engine.
You can have a very fast and reliable car with only 12-14lbs. I mean a fast car not a drag racer. There´s no need to go over 500rwhp on a track, and while you get a linear response with good amounts of torque on the 1uz, you´ll have to wait for the turbo response on the 2jz.
I think that if money is NOT an issue, the 1uz is better. The popularity of the 2jz resides that with some money you can have a monster...er...just like your neighbour that bought the exact same kit as you. I do really love how can a 1uz stand up against 2jz´s maybe because of that. The uniqueness.
Ok, and the v8 growl
Old 06-28-11, 10:36 AM
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course, statistically, the 2JZ is going to be 'top dog'. That's kind of a stupid, loaded question considering how much more aftermarket is available for the I6 and much more popular of an engine it is. It would be a more interesting question if the 1UZ was equally as popular, and there was a bigger aftermarket for it here in the Americas.

It seems like this this thread was made with ulterior motive to bring out all the people who just seem to hate the 1UZ for whatever reason.

To those of you that seem to feel the need to relentlessly attack others and their ideas, I ask: why? What's the point? Isn't this supposed to be a community? Some people prefer a different set-up than others. That isn't a big deal.

I still prefer the SC400, and the 1UZ, but that's me.
Old 06-28-11, 10:36 AM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Two words. Aluminum Block

Scotturnot has been doing this build for half a decade and I haven't seen a dyno chart with cost list.
UZZ-TT sold his kit I believe.
JDMmuscle isn't finished
RedPheonix is selling his car.
KC95SC400 (you forgot about him) got around 400hp before the engine blew and that was on meth
No need to be a troll man. Like I said its a matter of opinion.
Old 06-28-11, 11:03 AM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well stock for stock the 1uz is a clear winner but hp per dollar turbo 2jz is the clear winner, I wish there was more parts development for the 1uzfe to exploit the true potential however there seems to be quite a few choke points for the 1uzfe that need dealt with before it can be as potent as the 2jz but it really is apples to oranges type of compairison.
Old 06-28-11, 11:05 AM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

and the OBD-I 1UZ with the thicker rods aren't forged so they are still weak. KC95SC400 made 400hp or around there off and the engine blew.
KC's engine blew because he got too aggressive with timing advance. He admitted that.

Also, the whole forged 2JZ rods thing is a bit of a misconception. Apparently they are not forged. They are made by the same powder metallurgy process as UZ rods. Neither are as strong as a true forging.
Old 06-28-11, 12:14 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

If i had to pick, 2j it's just a really good engine in general and it sounds sexy. 1uz i'd say is pretty well built also. They are both good engines. It's more about what it can do than being "unique"
Old 06-28-11, 12:54 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by iridebmx
almost everything you mention is just appalling and makes no sense through are whole little 'discussion'

read the thread? you read it,
Originally Posted by MMCtuner
Account2x is a known 1uz hater.
Originally Posted by MattStarr
No need to be a troll man.
Here are some good examples of personal comments that should NOT be part of the conversation.

Discuss the engines, setups and pros/cons, not the people posting in the thread. If you can't do that, do not reply.

Knock it off guys or get suspended for a couple of days to cool down. Not going to keep revisiting this thread and cleaning it up from insults.
Old 06-28-11, 01:05 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

i thought this thread was for ppl to post there specs, timeslips,hp,tq... it could have been an informative thread for ppl trying to decide wat route to go with there own car. im still waiting for ppl to post there proven HP and timeslips.

Quick Reply: Who's The Top Dog SC? 1UZ vs 2JZ