SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Air Ride installed plus first show with it. pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-11, 07:52 PM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Ride installed plus first show with it. pics inside

so got the air ride in.. loving it so far. needs some little tweaks but im getting there

so got it all buttoned up... THEN... went for the first spin and babied it then gave her some gas hit a dip in the road and my hood flew up on me and BAM ruined my seibon TS II hood.... NOT HAPPY!

happened the day before this show

think ill be going back to an OEM hood.
Old 06-27-11, 07:55 PM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

oh heres the damage.... on both sides

Old 06-27-11, 08:00 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Woah that scary, hood pop just from a bump. Are you sure you closed it all the way? I have Seibon CF hood as well, and this story kinda scared me. Even tho, I decided not getting hood pins.
Old 06-27-11, 09:05 PM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by horent135
Woah that scary, hood pop just from a bump. Are you sure you closed it all the way? I have Seibon CF hood as well, and this story kinda scared me. Even tho, I decided not getting hood pins.
ive had it for 2yrs... no issues ever! and yes you need to push down to get it to close and i always make sure it is.. so i have no clue what happened... latch maybe didnt catch all the way or something.. but i was not too pleased. back to stock for me i think
Old 06-27-11, 09:59 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta have hood pins!!!

Car looks great slammed.
Old 06-27-11, 10:50 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

every time i see your car i try to pretend the cars fully black and the red doesn't exist regardless looks nice w/air
Old 06-28-11, 12:20 AM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fill in the cracks n paint it nice ride!
Old 06-28-11, 12:26 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good. I think stock hood would look better anyway.
Old 06-28-11, 03:19 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

whew that cracking on the hood is a major bummer. is it because of the gas shocks?

i've always liked the look of carbon fiber hoods but never understood how good they'd work on our cars unless some type of hinge was made and you had something to prop it up with like 'normal' cars.

anyway, love the car! nice to see something different, your car pulls those ebay headlights off really well.
Old 06-28-11, 06:30 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iridebmx
whew that cracking on the hood is a major bummer. is it because of the gas shocks?

i've always liked the look of carbon fiber hoods but never understood how good they'd work on our cars unless some type of hinge was made and you had something to prop it up with like 'normal' cars.

anyway, love the car! nice to see something different, your car pulls those ebay headlights off really well.
I dont think SC uses hood shocks on the CF. It too strong even a blown hood shocks is still strong, it makes the hood bend out a little. Right now, I got no hood shocks, I have a wood to hold my hood up.
Old 06-28-11, 07:10 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

i agree i think u should fix the carbon hood and paint it... i think painted black it will go better with ur color scheme anyways... sweet ride btw looks good on air!

lol on the OOPS TAPE... thats awesome
Old 06-28-11, 07:16 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

your car looks good on air. and the damage isnt that baddd just fix it.
Old 06-28-11, 07:35 AM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iridebmx

when the car came over from japan it had a crappy fiberglass hood on it and no gas shocks so got this hood and no shocks are needed, cause like what was said the shocks would be pushing up on the light hood when it is down...

and no clue how it happened i just think the car hates me :P

and ya ive kept the headlights cause they dont look too bad but they might be gone very shortly, working on something right now

Originally Posted by cmh
i agree i think u should fix the carbon hood and paint it... i think painted black it will go better with ur color scheme anyways... sweet ride btw looks good on air!

lol on the OOPS TAPE... thats awesome
ya ill ask around see what my best option, i have a local kid who wants to buy it and attempt to fix it, i can also get a free oem hood from a buddy a couple hours away.. or a really nice one at a local wreckers for $200... both black. so got some thinking to do.

and ya the tape had to make sure people saw it lol but wow did i ever have to explain what happen to every person at the show lol it ended up being " i hit a hobo" near the end of the day
Old 06-28-11, 07:58 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ZGagnon
when the car came over from japan it had a crappy fiberglass hood on it and no gas shocks so got this hood and no shocks are needed, cause like what was said the shocks would be pushing up on the light hood when it is down...

and no clue how it happened i just think the car hates me :P

and ya ive kept the headlights cause they dont look too bad but they might be gone very shortly, working on something right now

ya ill ask around see what my best option, i have a local kid who wants to buy it and attempt to fix it, i can also get a free oem hood from a buddy a couple hours away.. or a really nice one at a local wreckers for $200... both black. so got some thinking to do.

and ya the tape had to make sure people saw it lol but wow did i ever have to explain what happen to every person at the show lol it ended up being " i hit a hobo" near the end of the day
lmfao

10char
Old 06-29-11, 10:48 PM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

found some other pics online

Quick Reply: Air Ride installed plus first show with it. pics inside