SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

who makes a 97+ lip these days??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-11, 04:52 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats fine, if everyone feels that way we will step down. No hard feelings. Just trying to help out the community. Also, alot has changed with this company and we have gone through a complete restructuring phase, which consists of us refitting all of our kits over again to test quality and fitment. Either way, we've listened to the public and have changed what needs to be changed and still we are in the process of fixing more molds. Either way, if you guys need someone we'll be here. Thanks.
Old 07-13-11, 09:59 PM
SCott300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im definately very interested in a carbon fiber lip. Are you guys willing to ship when/ if you get a lip produced? I know Extreme Dimensions, in the past, has had very questionable quality, but companys do change. Here's a proving ground!
Old 07-13-11, 11:19 PM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Im sorry, but if Extreme Dimensions has ANYTHING to do with this count me out.

Every product I have ever bought, as well as experiance's from friends buying from them was garbage. The fitment was awful and the overall quality was trash.

If this is the case then I will be waiting quite some time to see how others like this product before I even toy with the idea of buying anything with their name on it.
True True. I like how you can say what you want. Mad respect for you mang. If i make my own mold fursure it will be good fitment because im not planning on making too many but just enough to get er done. I also have to take into account Shipping and Material costs. ED didnt want to make a mold for me but we might work something out. If anyone knows anyone whoes willing to make a mold for money let me know and we can get the dice rolling rolling rolling.
Old 07-14-11, 01:27 PM
TTschmitta
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Here is a link to the Big Win front lip: http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=3040

It's pretty expensive though.

Is this polyurathane or fiberglass?
Old 07-14-11, 03:40 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TTschmitta
Is this polyurathane or fiberglass?
It's fiberglass. So if you plan to go low with your ride and drive it more than just on weekends or just to a few car shows....I would be a bit hesitant to get it because it's inevitable it will get damaged.
Old 07-14-11, 04:36 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Thats fine, if everyone feels that way we will step down. No hard feelings. Just trying to help out the community. Also, alot has changed with this company and we have gone through a complete restructuring phase, which consists of us refitting all of our kits over again to test quality and fitment. Either way, we've listened to the public and have changed what needs to be changed and still we are in the process of fixing more molds. Either way, if you guys need someone we'll be here. Thanks.
This is probably a dumb question because I dont know how you companys work, but if you say you want to help out the community why not buy a big win lip and then make a mold out of it and sell it? If you already know there is money to be made?

Please other member let's not have a dispute about making replicas thanks.
Old 07-14-11, 04:50 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

That was going to be the plan. Typically we look for a donor with the lip so we know for a fact that it fits. We can order the Big Win lip but it takes 10 weeks to get to us. Supposedly they only make products for this year SC when someone places the order. Thus, the long wait. We can custom make a lip, if we have a donor. I believe we have a donor already. People want to pay the least amount of money and get the most perfect fitment. Honestly, the Big Win lip isnt that expensive, probably under $750 shipped, but no one wants to spend that much, nor do they want us to make a cheaper version. So what do we do??
Old 07-14-11, 05:33 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

That was going to be the plan. Typically we look for a donor with the lip so we know for a fact that it fits. We can order the Big Win lip but it takes 10 weeks to get to us. Supposedly they only make products for this year SC when someone places the order. Thus, the long wait. We can custom make a lip, if we have a donor. I believe we have a donor already. People want to pay the least amount of money and get the most perfect fitment. Honestly, the Big Win lip isnt that expensive, probably under $750 shipped, but no one wants to spend that much, nor do they want us to make a cheaper version. So what do we do??
The main reason you guys don't have a donor is because no one that payed $600-700 for the big win lip is willing to hand it over after they spent that much knowing you guys will make a cheaper version. That's why I thought you guys could buy an original than make it as for fitting I'm sure some local sc guys would be willing to let you use there cars. Just my 2 cents are if you guys could make a custom nice looking lip for under 400 with good fittment you will have not only me but other sc guys business.
Old 07-14-11, 05:48 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

But doesn't a whole bunch of pictures especially on CL confirm that the Big Win lip already fits on the SC already (from multiple SCs of course)?

I think myself and many others on this forum would agree with me that the Big Win lip is a bit expensive, otherwise everyone on this forum would have one already. So why is it that we all don't have it?
1. Takes 10 weeks to get sent to us from Japan.
2. Price is over 700. For that amount of money you could get a shine front and rear bumper that is made of polyurethane and fits extremely well. Big Win is made of fiberglass so it is only a matter of time before it breaks on you driving as low as most members on here do.

I personally have been wanting any company, whether it be extremedimensions or shineauto, to make this lip for over 2 years now. I have opened conversation about it before in your companies thread on what new products we would like to see, which was well over a year ago. I also did the same on the shineauto forum they have for product request.

Honestly all I want is the Big Win lip, or something similar as superjatt is trying to do, that is made of polyurethane, has the same fitment as the Big Win (which is not hard to do since it clips onto the existing 97 bumper), and sell for 350 shipped. If that can be done someone would be making a killing.

The only reason I have not done it yet is because I am still in grad school finishing my doctorate and don't have a steady income to do it. Otherwise I would have bought the Big Win myself, taken it to get a mold made of it, and start selling polyurethane lips to the Lexus community. If something is not done about this soon....I will take care of it, but in due time.

Again not knocking your company brotha but I do understand that companies do change for the better. So please prove me wrong and the rest of the haters out there and make it happen. In my eyes I only see it benefitting both the company who makes the lip and the car enthusiast at the same time
Old 07-14-11, 06:08 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Honestly all I want is the Big Win lip, or something similar as superjatt is trying to do, that is made of polyurethane, has the same fitment as the Big Win (which is not hard to do since it clips onto the existing 97 bumper), and sell for 350 shipped. If that can be done someone would be making a killing.
Preach it brotha!!

If you made a polyurethane one I would easily spend 600-800$ on one of these. Reasons why? Its crazy flexable so I wouldn't have to worry about cracking it. and even with So-So fitment the lip would still be flexable enough to conform it !. Build it and they will come.

I dont understand why this hasnt been done already, you have people screaming for this product but yet nothing has been made yet? Why? This is why Shine Auto Project is becoming so successfull. They Listen and work fast to better they product line. The first sets of A/C knock offs that S.A.P made were so-so fitment around the high beams and what not, they got feed back and quickly changed their mold. Now all I hear is NOTHING but good things. Take a page from their book and learn
Old 07-14-11, 09:27 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

how about this...start in the right direction. Stop selling AIT crap...
Old 07-14-11, 10:43 PM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MDSC
how about this...start in the right direction. Stop selling AIT crap...
Why would you say that to him. Talk to the CEO of AIT and see if hes not happy selling kits. Because last time i checked cheap people like to spend 200 over 1000 for a bumper. Im pretty sure the number of cheapy people usually tend to outnumber the number of $$ people.
Old 07-15-11, 03:53 AM
uras300
Lead Lap

I'll be down if said lip can be done around $300~$400 shipped.

But I do live in Hawaii so that's unlikely to happen.

And please don't let this die like how many, many, clear headlight lens group buy did. (Most of the OG members will recall those incidents.)
Old 07-15-11, 07:28 AM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

I dont know about shipping but im pretty sure a fiberglass one be aroibd your asking price.
Old 07-15-11, 09:33 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Now when you say clips on to the existing bumper, what do you mean exactly? Clips on from the sides??

This would be how our prices look for such a lip..

Urethane pricing would be around $449.00 - $499.00 plus shipping.

Shipping on average for a front lip alone in the Continental US runs about $79.00

Breakdown on how a GB would look pricing wise.

5-10 buyers:
$314.30 - $349.30 + Shipping

11-15 buyers:
$291.85 - $324.35 + Shipping

16+ buyers:
$269.40 - $299.40 + Shipping

This is just a breakdown on how pricing would look from our end if we did this project. Obviously the best bang for your buck comes after 16+. If we were able to do that I would not mind ordering the BigWin lip as long as everyone here is patient and are willing to leave a 25%-50% deposit.

Quick Reply: who makes a 97+ lip these days??