SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

who makes a 97+ lip these days??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-11, 10:43 AM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Im very interested, aslong as fitment/quality is good.
Old 07-15-11, 10:48 AM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Now when you say clips on to the existing bumper, what do you mean exactly? Clips on from the sides??

This would be how our prices look for such a lip..

Urethane pricing would be around $449.00 - $499.00 plus shipping.

Shipping on average for a front lip alone in the Continental US runs about $79.00

Breakdown on how a GB would look pricing wise.

5-10 buyers:
$314.30 - $349.30 + Shipping

11-15 buyers:
$291.85 - $324.35 + Shipping

16+ buyers:
$269.40 - $299.40 + Shipping

This is just a breakdown on how pricing would look from our end if we did this project. Obviously the best bang for your buck comes after 16+. If we were able to do that I would not mind ordering the BigWin lip as long as everyone here is patient and are willing to leave a 25%-50% deposit.
I am in! And if you want I can leave my 97 bumper with you just so you can see how good it fits. Pm me if you want it
Old 07-15-11, 10:49 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

P.R.S.22 started the list just add yourself on there. By the time we have a confirmed list and people are okay with ED doing the work then I will be more then happy to accomadate. Also, P.R.S.22 started a list so just add your name to his list. I would love to bring out a new product for you SC enthusiasts.
Old 07-15-11, 11:10 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

So what exactly are we signing up for? A Big Win replica or Superjatt's AC lip?
Old 07-15-11, 11:17 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

ED would be doing a lip similar to the Big Win, we just have to order it from overseas.
Old 07-15-11, 11:53 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Im in for both lips...i like to switch it up...lol
Old 07-15-11, 12:56 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Im really suprised this thread isnt locked up. ED will be the only one here that is allowed to set up a group buy. So superjatt,if you go this alone. Better keep it on the DL. You know when I started building rear strut tower bars. I just did it. I didnt ask anyone to give me any start money. When I got product in hand, thats when it was for sale. If you are a company, and you believe that there if a market for a product. Then you must put forth the money & effort to produce it. Then thats where your time, money, & effort pays off. People have been screaming for years about a poly Big Win lip. So ED make it happen. Buy the lip, make your mold, produce 10 of them & then post them for sale. If & when they start going like hot cakes. Then make 20 or more.

Last edited by spdrcr771; 07-15-11 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-15-11, 12:59 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

I respect your way of doing business. I agree with most if not all of what you said. But the purpose of the GB is to bring a lower price to the community. Hopefully we can reach that 16+ mark.
Old 07-15-11, 01:02 PM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

ED would be doing a lip similar to the Big Win, we just have to order it from overseas.
If fitment is good and it's a poly material. Count me in.
Old 07-15-11, 01:28 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
So what exactly are we signing up for? A Big Win replica or Superjatt's AC lip?
I just made a thread for the interest/group buy for the Big Win front lip. Reply in there if you want to be apart of the group buy

Nevermind....just saw above you were interested so I will put your name down on the list. Thanks LexusFTW!
Old 07-15-11, 01:43 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I respect your way of doing business. I agree with most if not all of what you said. But the purpose of the GB is to bring a lower price to the community. Hopefully we can reach that 16+ mark.
If you can throw out your group prices already, then you already have a very good concept of how much, its gonna cost to buy the lip, then make a mold & your materials to make 16+ so that you are still making a profit. You can still do a group buy. I have no idea who your company is. Your new to CL buy your posts & only 1 trader score, & quarter way into this thread ppl are talking about yalls issues. I believe a company can make a turn around. But having to give a quarter to half of the money down & then wait 4mo to get the products. Kinda sketchy, & then what if its not perfect.

If you can do what you say you can do, then spend the money & put yourself & rep on the map. CL would be just the tip of the ice burg. Then you start selling to other vendors. I was finding & buying of websites way before I got on CL, so there are ppl out there that want stuff for there SC that are not in this community.
Old 07-15-11, 01:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,245 Likes on 1,363 Posts

The only group buy allowed is the one sponsored by a Club Lexus vendor. Thanks PRS 22 for making a thread to clarify - here's the link

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post6536423

As a reminder:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_group_buys
Group Buys, Bulk Sales and Gathering Interest Posts
Group Buys (GB) or bulk sales are allowed ONLY in conjunction with a Club Lexus authorized vendor. ‘Gathering interest’ posts for group buys or new products are also not allowed without the prior support of an authorized Club Lexus vendor which can be coordinated directly through the vendor or requested of moderators or the forum administrator. Linking to group buys sponsored by non-CLUB LEXUS vendors or on other sites/forums is not allowed.

Inappropriate GB posts will be promptly closed or removed without notice.
Old 07-15-11, 01:53 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
I just made a thread for the interest/group buy for the Big Win front lip. Reply in there if you want to be apart of the group buy

Nevermind....just saw above you were interested so I will put your name down on the list. Thanks LexusFTW!

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
If you can throw out your group prices already, then you already have a very good concept of how much, its gonna cost to buy the lip, then make a mold & your materials to make 16+ so that you are still making a profit. You can still do a group buy. I have no idea who your company is. Your new to CL buy your posts & only 1 trader score, & quarter way into this thread ppl are talking about yalls issues. I believe a company can make a turn around. But having to give a quarter to half of the money down & then wait 4mo to get the products. Kinda sketchy, & then what if its not perfect.

If you can do what you say you can do, then spend the money & put yourself & rep on the map. CL would be just the tip of the ice burg. Then you start selling to other vendors. I was finding & buying of websites way before I got on CL, so there are ppl out there that want stuff for there SC that are not in this community.
I've quoted prices based off of my personal experience when it comes to developing new parts. The owner of the company has not given me a green light yet, nor does he even know the project exists. This is due to the fact that he is currently out of the Country and will not be returning until mid next week. The price may go up, it may go down, or it will stay right where I said it would be. The GB is what helps get the project going, otherwise if we really wanted to make this piece we would. Except we would charge alot more, why would we sell the poly version of this lip cheaper then its authentic counterpart? Which keep in mind only comes in fiberglass. This is why we require upfront deposits and payment. If the kit/lip come out screwed up then obviously you will not be responsible for it. Plain and simple.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
The only group buy allowed is the one sponsored by a Club Lexus vendor. Thanks PRS 22 for making a thread to clarify - here's the link

As a reminder:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_group_buys
Thanks Dave.
Old 07-15-11, 02:22 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Thank you for the clarification Dave and Khurram. At the end of the day the SC community just wants this lip to get done and hopefully with the help of ExtremeDimensions that dream will become a reality.
Old 07-15-11, 02:25 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,245 Likes on 1,363 Posts

Thanks guys, let's keep just the one thread going (meant to close this one earlier)