SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New Wheels Rota Torques!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-11, 03:53 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
LOL! Put it this way, Would you ever "knowingly" rock a pair of knock-off sneakers because you got it cheaper than the real thing? Fake wheels are no different my friend.
As long as you're not trying to pass them off as real jordans, I don't really see a problem. The man isn't trying to pass of his Rotas as Works, he's just ballin' on a budget.
Old 07-14-11, 03:57 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im running Rota Torques in my SIG.. hate on me too! =). I wish you went for 10.5 all around for the concaveness like i did.
Old 07-14-11, 04:06 PM
Axmily
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 7akata
When I'm not a label *****, sure. Next.

Edit: Car looks sexy, I'm really liking the wheels. Last time I checked you build the car the way YOU like it.
thats so true.. but the guy has a right to an opinion. yea work wheels are the ****. but i dont got that kinda bread for wheels like that. id rather save the money and spend it on other stuff.

Thanks guys!
Old 07-14-11, 09:01 PM
VinSCe
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They "look" nice...But that's all you'll get from me. I wouldn't want to rock fake replica wheels that were made in the Philippines...If I do, I might as well rock a fake knock-off pair of Jordans or Puma sneakers (Which I'll never do!) LOL!
Why not? When it comes to sneakers, you're just paying for the name brand. Fikes, Fumas, and Fordans probably cost as much as "real" shoes to make in a Chinese sweatshop anyway... and they'll last the same. Nothing wrong with "fake" stuff as long as you're not trying to pass it off as legit.

Rotas are badass. Some very competitive race-teams run Rotas all season and have nothing but good to say about them... as well as some pretty nasty track times, too. Honestly, I'd rather skimp a little on rims so that I can buy good TIRES as opposed to the other way around. If you're wrapping $4,000 Volks around crappy rubber (like a lot of people do), you're just as much of a poser IMO.

To each their own though.
Old 07-14-11, 09:23 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VinSCe
Why not? When it comes to sneakers, you're just paying for the name brand. Fikes, Fumas, and Fordans probably cost as much as "real" shoes to make in a Chinese sweatshop anyway... and they'll last the same. Nothing wrong with "fake" stuff as long as you're not trying to pass it off as legit.

Rotas are badass. Some very competitive race-teams run Rotas all season and have nothing but good to say about them... as well as some pretty nasty track times, too. Honestly, I'd rather skimp a little on rims so that I can buy good TIRES as opposed to the other way around. If you're wrapping $4,000 Volks around crappy rubber (like a lot of people do), you're just as much of a poser IMO.

To each their own though.
reason people run cheaper tires is because of camber wear, some guys flip tires as much as every 1k miles. Makes no sence to throw away a set of $300 a piece michelins when you can get kuhmos...etc to last the same amount of short miles for half of the price. When people are looking at your car they not looking at your goodyears....or your rotas
Old 07-14-11, 09:23 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Old 07-14-11, 09:41 PM
VinSCe
Driver

Originally Posted by MDSC
reason people run cheaper tires is because of camber wear, some guys flip tires as much as every 1k miles. Makes no sence to throw away a set of $300 a piece michelins when you can get kuhmos...etc to last the same amount of short miles for half of the price. When people are looking at your car they not looking at your goodyears....or your rotas
You're assuming everyone likes that hellaflush' crap. I personally don't and I'm sure many others find it a bit counter-intuitive to run incorrect fitment and think its cool. Ridiculous camber wear isn't an issue with those who have their cars set up for actual performance driving.

Again, different people have different tastes. Bring your hellaflush car to a racetrack and no one's going to be getting wet over how ridiculous your wheels look... or your cheap *** tires.
Old 07-14-11, 09:44 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

You're assuming everyone likes that hellaflush' crap. I personally don't and I'm sure many others find it a bit counter-intuitive to run incorrect fitment and think its cool. Ridiculous camber wear isn't an issue with those who have their cars set up for actual performance driving.

Again, different people have different tastes. Bring your hellaflush car to a racetrack and no one's going to be getting wet over how ridiculous your wheels look... or your cheap *** tires.
i hope you not talking about bringing your 20 year old technology to a road race track and try to run with 911s and z06s so you can get your *** waxed with your expensive *** tires, no one is getting wet over a 3500lb+car with 220/250hp that pulls .8x g on skidpad
Old 07-14-11, 09:54 PM
VinSCe
Driver

Trust me, there are good drivers out there that can drive slow cars fast. You act as if the SC isn't a capable chassis. Are there better options? Yes. But guess what? Some people like to take their cars to the track and who are you to tell them that they can't do it with their SC because it's twenty years old?

That's what modifications are for. Believe it or not, just like how people can spend thousands of dollars to make their cars slower by flushing the crap out of them, others can spend thousands of dollars to make their cars faster.

Cause at the end of the day, not everyone can afford a Z06, a GTR, or a GT3. That's why we work with what we have.

And you're absolutely wrong. Bring a "slow" car to a track that's properly modified to run some good times, people DO get wet.
Old 07-15-11, 12:27 AM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

your wheels look good man i like your car. keep doing it the way you want to the whole way through and you'll be pleased with the results, which is all that matters.
Old 07-15-11, 12:30 AM
VinSCe
Driver

Originally Posted by tmh95sc
your wheels look good man i like your car. keep doing it the way you want to the whole way through and you'll be pleased with the results, which is all that matters.
Agreed! Different strokes for different folks. As long as you're happy with your modifications, that's all that matters.

But I gotta say, it looks good!
Old 07-15-11, 12:55 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice...whens its lowered its going too look even better!
Old 07-15-11, 12:58 AM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

They "look" nice...But that's all you'll get from me. I wouldn't want to rock fake replica wheels that were made in the Philippines...If I do, I might as well rock a fake knock-off pair of Jordans or Puma sneakers (Which I'll never do!) LOL!
Are you going to post this BS in every thread with fake wheels?
Old 07-15-11, 04:17 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Trust me, there are good drivers out there that can drive slow cars fast. You act as if the SC isn't a capable chassis. Are there better options? Yes. But guess what? Some people like to take their cars to the track and who are you to tell them that they can't do it with their SC because it's twenty years old?

That's what modifications are for. Believe it or not, just like how people can spend thousands of dollars to make their cars slower by flushing the crap out of them, others can spend thousands of dollars to make their cars faster.

Cause at the end of the day, not everyone can afford a Z06, a GTR, or a GT3. That's why we work with what we have.

And you're absolutely wrong. Bring a "slow" car to a track that's properly modified to run some good times, people DO get wet.
you can buy a used z06 for 15k nowdays...just saying...if you want to road race sc is by far not the best car to do it with. You get a sc for 5k and dump 5k in suspension into it which isnt much honestly...and youre still getting waxed by a bone stock c5 vette which cost around 10k. What i'm trying to get at is dont get on people for running cheap tires when you saying you cant afford a used z06 and have to work with what you got.
Old 07-15-11, 06:09 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
you can buy a used z06 for 15k nowdays...just saying...if you want to road race sc is by far not the best car to do it with. You get a sc for 5k and dump 5k in suspension into it which isnt much honestly...and youre still getting waxed by a bone stock c5 vette which cost around 10k. What i'm trying to get at is dont get on people for running cheap tires when you saying you cant afford a used z06 and have to work with what you got.
Exactly I love my SC and could have bought a C5 Z06 or other car that will outhandle my SC with the money I spent modding the SC. My car wouldn't stand a chance on a road racing course in it's current form even with my single turbo etc. I'm yet to take it to a 1/4 mile track, would love to go to a 1/2 mile or 1 mile runway. I built my car for street fun aka highway pulls here and there I let off on turns ha ha.

Anyway back on topic. OP like I said earlier setup looks nice.

Quick Reply: New Wheels Rota Torques!!