SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Have read the Leather threads, have questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-02, 03:32 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want in on the group buy

IF you guys do a group buy..count me in.

PM me please
Old 10-17-02, 08:23 PM
Snowman9000
Rookie

philauldridge,
Do you happen to know what the color is called that matches the darker trim in the tan interior? I am leaning towards a two tone job including that color.

My stock seats are really hard feeling while I am seated. Were yours like that and did it change with the new leather? Or do I have to have a shop do something with the padding too?
Old 10-17-02, 08:29 PM
Snowman9000
Rookie

Default Black SC

Black SC,
do you have PM turned off or something? There is no PM button available under your post.

I'm not the right person to answer your question, but I do believe that there is an effort to enlist interested buyers at this point, but not a group buy yet. The guy that I think is keeping track is out of town for a week, so keep watching.
Old 10-17-02, 08:38 PM
markmaz
Driver School Candidate

Default Group Buy - I'm definitely In

Attention Everyone Who is interested in the Group Buy for new
seat covers from Leatherseats.com

I spoke with Eric at Leatherseats.com and he was kind enough to send me pictures of our seats, "before", i.e. stock and with the Sandstone replacement seats. Looks very very similar.

He also sent me pictures with a "driftwood" insert since I think that doing the seats in two tone would look great. Unfortunately I did not get too excited by the "brownish" looking insert. Do any of you guys have an idea for an alternate color insert?

Anyway, someone posted that Keith is out of town for a week, so I for one am hoping that this thing is going to happen soon. My wife has a cast on her leg and won't be driving her SC300 for a few weeks, so I need to move on this soon.

So, to everyone who has expressed an interest may I politely suggest that you decide what the heck you want, decide on your color, and get your checkbook ready to roll. When Keith returns maybe we get this thing off the ground and get going.

By the way, for any guys in Atlanta, a local shop near my home has told me that they can install the front and back covers for $275 to $300. These guys have been in business at the same
location for 34 years, so you know they can do a good job.

PM me if you want their name, number, location in the ATL
Old 10-17-02, 08:56 PM
Snowman9000
Rookie

Markmaz,
I was thinking that the two tone would look best with the darker color on the bolsters and the stock color in the middle. Did his photo show the opposite combo? If so, I think I would agree with you that it might not look right. Do you have the photo available?

Specifically what I am thinking of ordering would be two tone, darker trim color on the bolsters, maybe even in "leatherette" for durability since that seems to be a wear area, and the sandstone *perforated* in the middle.
Old 10-21-02, 12:49 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey folks, I'm still outa town on a business trip, but was able to make it to a place that has an internet connection. I will be back in town at the end of this week, and can start making the phone calls then.

In the mean time, go to leatherseats.com and see EXACTLY what you want. Contact Eric on the website and ask all questions to them direclty - the pricing is posted on the website too, along w/ all the options available. Make sure you have the money and interest ready to go ASAP. Honestly, I hope no one bales out on the deal - looks like we have a good 5 or 6 definates (cross our fingers) and 2 maybe's. Make up you minds and lets get some new leather seats for an awsome price!

Please, please, please know EXACTLY what you want by the end of this week.

Popular options are perferated centers, and 2-tone (I'm checking about the center console skin). Sandstone is the factory color match for tan interiors. Don't forget to factor in the installation stuff if you plan on doing it yourself. I'm looking into seeing if we can get a discount on that too. Hope this helps.

Keith
Old 10-21-02, 05:24 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey, I made the necessary phone calls- The deal is now OFFICALLY ON!!! So place your orders ASAP if you want in.

Check out :
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=61705
Old 10-24-02, 11:42 AM
markmaz
Driver School Candidate

Can't wait to get my new leather seats.

Are you one of those guys who have spent $1,000's on
modifications for your SC yet you are still sitting on torn
or faded seats? Talk about TACKY.

Why don't you spend a few bills NOW and get in on the
discount that Leatherseats.com offers when more than a
few Lexus owners contact Eric at the same time. Sale is
going on now until October 31st.

Check out the other members of this club who did the install
themselves. They are all 100% happy with the results.

So, pull that spring out of your *** and get on with doing
the best looking modification you can do for the interior of your
car. TODAY!!!