SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My SC300 [EDITED]

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-11, 10:28 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow My SC300 [Fixed and you can see pics!!!]

A couple people asked me to post pics of my SC, it isnt pretty but when I get it and start working on it ill get it back and beyond former glory
So heres the story:

This is the '93 Lexus SC300

Its seem like its in good shape, right? Well. . . it was owned by my mom and is still owned by my sister and apparently is getting close to 200K.
According to my dad, shes suppose to be getting my grand parent's Oldsmobile 88 and get the SC back to my mom. An they have agreed to hand it down to me to make my project
First, with a car in this stage of it's life, paints peeling, hoo-ray. . . . . I can see the 3 to 4 grand flying away as we speak (And this is not the only spot, all the paints dull)

Also, headlights are fogged over and need replacing, was thinking of getting aftermarket ones with HID. (Not that super blue crap but that nice clean white)

And to top things off, door has a big scrape in it (long story I dont feel like telling) plus it is rustin in corner panels

And of course along with paint, interior's a little beaten up but hey! beats my black interior during summers! hell yes lol

But other than that, the engine's sound, (wanna swap it later on anyway), tranny's good. (just an auto) And just swap out tail lights from Orange/Red/White to White/Red/White (look alot cleaner in my opinion) And the favorite among every one:
Rims. Tires. Coilovers.

But just want feedback on what you guys think, I love feedback, its always good to have opinions and maybe come up with awesome ideas because of them. And if I should put the money, time, blood, sweat, and tears into this car. I probably will anyway 'cuz I wanted this car ever since mum said she was getting a SUV and getting rid of it and I just see mountains of potential for an absolute jaw dropper

P.S:
If the pics dont show, dont be surprised, im a bit of a noob when it comes to comps and forums lol

Last edited by S0ulTuner; 07-26-11 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-25-11, 10:39 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Yeah.. you're gonna want to upload those onto photobucket and get the forum link and put the [img] stuff around that. It won't show if it's directly on your comp.
Old 07-25-11, 11:00 PM
Sidesweep
Driver

Originally Posted by BigBang
Yeah.. you're gonna want to upload those onto photobucket and get the forum link and put the [img] stuff around that. It won't show if it's directly on your comp.
this. get those up on photobucket or tinypic and lets see it!
Old 07-25-11, 11:09 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Okay now its all good..
Old 07-25-11, 11:16 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a bad start for a handy-down...congrats
Old 07-25-11, 11:18 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Not a bad start for a handy-down...congrats
Thanks! still waitin for the OK to take it off her hands... Anxiously lol
Old 07-25-11, 11:22 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

It also needs a new AC compressor and now that I look at that first pic, it looks like someone keyed her or something
Old 07-30-11, 07:46 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

that's not too bad, seen a lot worse...plus, overall you'll have a better idea of the condition of the car-especially since it's in the family. GL, use the SEARCH function...tons of Info here!
Old 07-30-11, 09:21 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
that's not too bad, seen a lot worse...plus, overall you'll have a better idea of the condition of the car-especially since it's in the family. GL, use the SEARCH function...tons of Info here!
Thanks! and trust me, i know lol
Old 07-30-11, 10:19 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

nice start man, good luck with the build
Old 07-30-11, 11:42 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Thanks! after alot of advice an writing down a bunch of info an looking through it, i'm leaning towards NA-T and to just tear my 200K engine down and build it back up if I can get the help and getting a nice turbo setup, it sounds like there so much potential as it sits and getting anxious to get started!
Old 07-30-11, 11:46 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

And you SC is awesome, levie. One of the first things im thinking of is getting a 97 front bumper and tail lights but not sure how it would look with royal jade
Old 07-31-11, 01:28 AM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

well i think the royal jade is a pretty hot coulor, but are you gonna repaint the car man? if so, id do diamond white pearl, the code is 051 ( i believe, dont hold me to that) but i love white on these cars, and another coulor i love is hard to describe, but the only way i can describe it is "gun metal blue" look SO sharp
Old 07-31-11, 07:36 AM
svolk953
Driver School Candidate

nice start. be gald that it still has all of the interior trim and it look like just a new skin for the door
Old 07-31-11, 11:41 AM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Originally Posted by levie
well i think the royal jade is a pretty hot coulor, but are you gonna repaint the car man? if so, id do diamond white pearl, the code is 051 ( i believe, dont hold me to that) but i love white on these cars, and another coulor i love is hard to describe, but the only way i can describe it is "gun metal blue" look SO sharp
Isnt it alot more expensive to paint it a totally different color versus just keeping it the same? because I was contemplating making it a doff color but I was told that's a really expensive route to go

Quick Reply: My SC300 [EDITED]