SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My soon-to-be '93 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-11, 11:14 AM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My soon-to-be '93 SC300

A couple people asked me to post pics of my SC, it isnt pretty but when I get it and start working on it ill get it back and beyond former glory
So heres the story:

This is the '93 Lexus SC300

Its seem like its in good shape, right? Well. . . it was owned by my mom and is still owned by my sister and apparently is getting close to 200K.
According to my dad, shes suppose to be getting my grand parent's Oldsmobile 88 and get the SC back to my mom. An they have agreed to hand it down to me to make my project
First, with a car in this stage of it's life, paints peeling, hoo-ray. . . . . I can see the 3 to 4 grand flying away as we speak (And this is not the only spot, all the paints dull)

Also, headlights are fogged over and need replacing, was thinking of getting aftermarket ones with HID. (Not that super blue crap but that nice clean white)

And to top things off, door has a big scrape in it (long story I dont feel like telling) plus it is rustin in corner panels

And of course along with paint, interior's a little beaten up but hey! beats my black interior during summers! hell yes lol

But other than that, the engine's sound, (wanna swap it later on anyway), tranny's good. (just an auto) And just swap out tail lights from Orange/Red/White to White/Red/White (look alot cleaner in my opinion) And the favorite among every one:
Rims. Tires. Coilovers.

But just want feedback on what you guys think, I love feedback, its always good to have opinions and maybe come up with awesome ideas because of them. And if I should put the money, time, blood, sweat, and tears into this car. I probably will anyway 'cuz I wanted this car ever since mum said she was getting a SUV and getting rid of it and I just see mountains of potential for an absolute jaw dropper
Old 07-26-11, 11:42 AM
FutureSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CL First off I noticed you wrote something about wanting to get aftermarket headlights with some HIDs. Don't do that. Just search for O.L.T's thread about restoring headlights and do that. The price of the aftermarket lights reflects their performance.

But it looks like you have some work cut out for you. Good luck man and enjoy your stay here. Don't forget to use the search button. There's mountains of information in this forum.
Old 07-26-11, 11:48 AM
1996sc300
Rookie

Nice car but definitly looks like a handfull of body work.

+1 on not getting aftermarket headlights.
Old 07-26-11, 12:12 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do not get aftermarket headlights. Welcome, congrats on the new ride.
Old 07-26-11, 12:14 PM
SC400-PHAE
Pole Position

Welcome, congrats on the money pit
Old 07-26-11, 03:20 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

looks like a nice place to start, if you wanna put alot of money into it, looks like a good start for a good build. but personally, i wouldent get the aftermarket head lights, iv herd nothing but bad things about them, what i would do is just clear those out and re-seal them. as far as the tail lights go with the 97's. but nice pick up. keep us updated.
Old 07-26-11, 03:25 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400-PHAE
LMFAO, cause there's not a true'r statement. Ive dropped about $2500 in the last month, keeping my baby right.
Old 07-26-11, 03:31 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Yup, congrats on the money pit! I've already dropped 5G's since I got my SC last March! And I didn't even have any body work or interior work to do!
Old 07-26-11, 09:55 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
LMFAO, cause there's not a true'r statement. Ive dropped about $2500 in the last month, keeping my baby right.
Damn straight, I know it wont be cheap and I wanna do this up right!

Originally Posted by FutureSC
Welcome to CL First off I noticed you wrote something about wanting to get aftermarket headlights with some HIDs. Don't do that. Just search for O.L.T's thread about restoring headlights and do that. The price of the aftermarket lights reflects their performance.

But it looks like you have some work cut out for you. Good luck man and enjoy your stay here. Don't forget to use the search button. There's mountains of information in this forum.
Okay thank you for the heads up, it seemed a bit weird to get them so thank you, and I will check those out . Could you just steer me in the right path to where these great threads are that will save me a buttload of cash?

Originally Posted by 1996sc300
Nice car but definitly looks like a handfull of body work.

+1 on not getting aftermarket headlights.
Yyyeah dont I know it lol. And trust me I wont

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Do not get aftermarket headlights. Welcome, congrats on the new ride.
I will not make the mistake an look like a dumbs*** and thank you, im getting excited just picturing how well this can turn out

Originally Posted by SC400-PHAE
Haha thank you, glad to be getting it

Originally Posted by levie
looks like a nice place to start, if you wanna put alot of money into it, looks like a good start for a good build. but personally, i wouldent get the aftermarket head lights, iv herd nothing but bad things about them, what i would do is just clear those out and re-seal them. as far as the tail lights go with the 97's. but nice pick up. keep us updated.
Yeah thats for sure, cant wait to start on this! and the 97's have that chrome on them right? I personally not a fan of that but they would just bolt right in since they're the same generation?

Originally Posted by kingphilip
Yup, congrats on the money pit! I've already dropped 5G's since I got my SC last March! And I didn't even have any body work or interior work to do!
Ohh boy, this will be a hell of a journey with this.
Old 07-26-11, 10:01 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus!

Oh and best of luck on your project
Old 07-27-11, 02:07 AM
kiochiu
Rookie

hehe looks nice =) looks like my first SC except it was 5spd, sold it so quick.. lol. if you want to redo your interior with tan, i have a complete set of tan interior up for grabs =) just missing the rear panels. congrats again =)
Old 07-27-11, 02:58 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

i wouldnt spend much on it man. no offense but you should just find a new door to replace the damaged one and clean it up as good as you can and sell it then use the cash towards a cleaner one. i have put 5k into mine so far and i have not even begun to scratch the mod surface. it was a lot cleaner then that when i bought it but now i wish i had saved more and waited longer for a 97+ model or at least a 5 speed. in the end its going to be expensive no matter what but a clean slate is where you wanna start. you will go broke trying to get it back into shape before you ever get to mod it. jmho and a piece of advice. good luck either way you go.
Old 07-27-11, 08:42 AM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Originally Posted by Seize
Welcome to Club Lexus!

Oh and best of luck on your project
Thank you, I'm gonna need it probly!

Originally Posted by kiochiu
hehe looks nice =) looks like my first SC except it was 5spd, sold it so quick.. lol. if you want to redo your interior with tan, i have a complete set of tan interior up for grabs =) just missing the rear panels. congrats again =)
Yeah im a bit more of a automatic trans fan, and that sounds great, jus depends how much it would take for you to part ways with it 'cuz like what bleedspeed is saying, it'll take alot to get me off the ground with this but thank you very much!
and could you send me a couple pics?

Originally Posted by bleedspeed
i wouldnt spend much on it man. no offense but you should just find a new door to replace the damaged one and clean it up as good as you can and sell it then use the cash towards a cleaner one. i have put 5k into mine so far and i have not even begun to scratch the mod surface. it was a lot cleaner then that when i bought it but now i wish i had saved more and waited longer for a 97+ model or at least a 5 speed. in the end its going to be expensive no matter what but a clean slate is where you wanna start. you will go broke trying to get it back into shape before you ever get to mod it. jmho and a piece of advice. good luck either way you go.
Well I work at a gas station and I can order stuff like a door and corner panals through them an they have agreed in the past to help me out in finding those and they have good connections im pretty sure but thank you for the advice, i'll keep that in mind. And you dont have to be sorry, your entitled to your own opinion, man. Thats why I posted this 'cuz I want opinions And thank you for the encouragement, i'll take it all into consideration before making any big final decisions
Old 07-27-11, 08:49 AM
maceugood
Pole Position

welcome to club lexus, lots of info here,just use the search button.
Old 07-27-11, 04:34 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Originally Posted by maceugood
welcome to club lexus, lots of info here,just use the search button.
Thats what i've gathered and thank you, it's a pleasure to be here.

Quick Reply: My soon-to-be '93 SC300