SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300 stereo system and interior rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-11, 09:36 PM
impact
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Got more work done this weekend and it plays. Thank god cause I haven't had music in the car in about 4 months. I got a really good deal on a new Kinetik 1200 power cell to put in the rear of the car. I got the rest of the power and ground wires in and got it all wired up to the amps. I didn't get a chance to build my RCA cables yet so I just used some I had laying around at home for the time being.

There might be a slight change in plans though......

I'm testing out a Morel Ultimo SC 12" before I start building my sub stage. I built a quick test box and just laid it in the trunk for now and I'll run it for a week or so and see how things go before I decide on what setup I'm going with

Old 08-21-11, 09:56 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, I really dig everything you're doing here. But if I were to do this on mine, I'd try to keep all electronics as far from my gas tank as possible. I'm just so scared of the possibilities...I don't even wanna think about it...
Old 08-21-11, 10:15 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The heavens have finally opened up(AAAAAmen)...LOL Finally I get to see what your using for a sub. So you said this is a temp box? What are your permanent plans and where do you plan on placing it in the same place? With the sub firing up at the trunk lid aren't you going to get a lot of trunk rattle?
Old 08-21-11, 10:17 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure do want to see how your going to finish the trunk. Looks like your running some really nice stuff!
Im in the process of ordering everything for a audio install.

hu:Alpine 9886,
frD cs6.5 comp,
rr: DD 6.5 coax.
highs/mids on a DDSS4
1 12" DC Audio lvl4 w/ lvl 5 softs parts, and an extra spider.

Im trying to figure out how Im going to do the enclosure. Im going more for spl, though.
Old 08-21-11, 11:15 PM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

wow!! .. your interior is gonna be amazing.. ! .. im in love.. haha
Old 08-22-11, 01:55 AM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by socal72
The heavens have finally opened up(AAAAAmen)...LOL Finally I get to see what your using for a sub. So you said this is a temp box? What are your permanent plans and where do you plan on placing it in the same place? With the sub firing up at the trunk lid aren't you going to get a lot of trunk rattle?
Yeah this is just a trial to see how I like the sub. This box is sealed and I'm gonna build a ported one also and see how that goes before I make my final decision. My plans for a final box would be a fiberglassed spare tire well enclosure which would be ported and the ports will run up behind the amps so you wont even see them and they go up to the rear deck area
Old 08-22-11, 01:55 AM
impact
Driver

steering wheel gets here on tuesday AWESOME
Old 08-22-11, 03:28 AM
impact
Driver

thanks again for the comments guys
Old 08-22-11, 06:50 AM
MarkBMC
Driver School Candidate

Wow... great job. That interior rocks.
Old 08-22-11, 07:34 AM
Vampire222
Driver School Candidate

Wow looks super sweet!
Old 08-22-11, 10:18 AM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by impact
Yeah this is just a trial to see how I like the sub. This box is sealed and I'm gonna build a ported one also and see how that goes before I make my final decision. My plans for a final box would be a fiberglassed spare tire well enclosure which would be ported and the ports will run up behind the amps so you wont even see them and they go up to the rear deck area
A spare tire enclosure that should come out sweet . There's a member by the name of Durrby that has a sweet set up have you see it? The only problem is that he has pretty much taken all his trunk space away(wich is not a problem at all if that's what you want right?). I want to still be able to utilize all or a good portion of my trunk space which is one of the resons why i'm following your thread so close. So keep up the excellent work!
Old 08-22-11, 02:23 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

a word of advice which im sure you already know. no spare tire=AAA payments cuz leaving your whip on the side of the road while you go get a spare is wellllllll you know!
those sound like some really long ports. you must be a pro installer to know how to tune 3 foot long ports. looking pretty gd clean son. wanna fly to texas and finish my door panels???????

P.S. hows the weather out there? lol jk i know how it is. i moved back to texas a year ago and miss the rock more every day.

Last edited by bleedspeed; 08-22-11 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-22-11, 02:51 PM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by socal72
A spare tire enclosure that should come out sweet . There's a member by the name of Durrby that has a sweet set up have you see it? The only problem is that he has pretty much taken all his trunk space away(wich is not a problem at all if that's what you want right?). I want to still be able to utilize all or a good portion of my trunk space which is one of the resons why i'm following your thread so close. So keep up the excellent work!
That was one of my main concerns with the system, having trunk space. I'm going to lose a little more than I wanted to but it's still enough to fit some bags in there if I need to.
Old 08-22-11, 02:54 PM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by bleedspeed
a word of advice which im sure you already know. no spare tire=AAA payments cuz leaving your whip on the side of the road while you go get a spare is wellllllll you know!
those sound like some really long ports. you must be a pro installer to know how to tune 3 foot long ports. looking pretty gd clean son. wanna fly to texas and finish my door panels???????

P.S. hows the weather out there? lol jk i know how it is. i moved back to texas a year ago and miss the rock more every day.
Haha thanks for the advice. Once the car is done a spare tire prob won't do me any good anyway. As for the ports, they're actually not going to be long enough to reach all the way to the rear deck but I'm prob going to build a chamber the ports fire into which will be mounted under the rear deck.

Weather here is surprisingly nice right now but it was pouring rain earlier. You know Hawaii weather goes.
Old 08-22-11, 05:32 PM
fantastic1
Rookie

holy crap. now THAT's a DIY!
Props to you and such nice work.
You sir, have some major skills.

Quick Reply: SC300 stereo system and interior rebuild