SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300 stereo system and interior rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-11, 03:53 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah! Need to go all black to pull it together.

Question: I may have missed it but did you leave your midrange open to the full door or did you seal up the rear of the speaker?
Old 08-25-11, 04:01 PM
shboni
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Impact where did you get the shift ****? pm me if you can thxs
Old 08-25-11, 06:16 PM
impact
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by socal72
WOW! That steering wheel looks really good I thought of buying the TRD Supra steering wheel: http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=3216 But there's a little something abut the price that just doesnt appeal to me....LOL it would look pretty sweet with your color scheme don't you think?
I thought about that one to but damn 1300.00 for a steering wheel, that's a bit more then I want to spend haha. I think when i'm all done with my interior i wouldn't have spent that much
Old 08-25-11, 06:17 PM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by shboni
Hey Impact where did you get the shift ****? pm me if you can thxs
It's just a greddy counterweight shift **** that you should be able to pick up from most aftermarket accessory shops or for sure ebay.
Old 08-25-11, 06:20 PM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by shern
Yeah! Need to go all black to pull it together.

Question: I may have missed it but did you leave your midrange open to the full door or did you seal up the rear of the speaker?
the speakers seal up against the factory opening in the door
Old 08-31-11, 12:58 AM
impact
Driver

Ok so I got about a week off from the other shop I'm working with so now I can focus on my own projects, mostly my car haha. I'm finally going to start working on the sub enclosure so I laid down two layers of deadener in the spare tire well to cut the resonance out of it. Now I have to put in a layer of carpet to keep the fiberglass bowl from rattling against the body of the car and after that I can prep and lay some fiberglass. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow!

Old 08-31-11, 03:57 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by impact
I thought about that one to but damn 1300.00 for a steering wheel, that's a bit more then I want to spend haha. I think when i'm all done with my interior i wouldn't have spent that much
Yeah not very appealing at all! Looking forward to see how your sub enclosure turns out. Keep up the outstanding work.
Old 08-31-11, 08:49 PM
impact
Driver

I ended up having other work to do today so I didn't get much done but I did line the spare tire well with a layer of backed carpet ( the same stuff we use for speaker boxes). That will help kill the rattle from the fiberglass touching the deadening. I also built the frame work for the fiberglass bowl. All I have to do now is get in there and tape it all up and lay my glass. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Old 09-03-11, 02:12 AM
bburrough
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, im way impressed, i hate interior work
Old 09-04-11, 02:29 AM
impact
Driver

Alright got some work done in the past few days. I got the sub box finished up finally and now all that's left are all the trim pieces to finish everything off.

I laid down all my fiberglass into the spare tire well and once it cured over night I popped it out and did a little more fiberglass in the thin areas. While that was setting I started working on the top baffle of the box. I wanted to build this box so that the top half can be removed and replaced with a different one if I ever decide to change subs. A lot of work went into fiberglassing the spare tire well and I don't want to have to do it again. I built that face and put a 2 inch lip on the bottom of it that will slide into the frame of the bottom piece then I put a layer of rubber weather stripping sealer on it to stop leaks. I screwed the face down with 4 screws on top and then drilled the sides of the box through the bottom frame and the lip for the face and secured it with hurricane nuts and screws. This way I know for sure it will be solid and not leak. I also used hurricane nuts for the woofer. I also added a few layers of deadener in the box before bolting it together. The box is secured down by bolting it to the factory mount for the spare tire.

Old 09-04-11, 11:08 AM
socal72
Lead Lap

Looking good! Looking good! So your ports are pointing towards the tank area and there low enough that the air should pass under the amp board and up into the cabin of the car via the removal of the stock sub hole location? Is that the theory?
Old 09-04-11, 11:13 AM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

wow man! wish i had talent like you!
Old 09-06-11, 11:49 AM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by socal72
Looking good! Looking good! So your ports are pointing towards the tank area and there low enough that the air should pass under the amp board and up into the cabin of the car via the removal of the stock sub hole location? Is that the theory?
Yeah basically. Originally I had planned to fiberglass the whole spare tire well and run the ports straight up behind the amps but I think this way will work just as good. I have enough clearance to run the ports this way and not block any flow out of it. So far so good!
Old 09-08-11, 05:00 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by impact
Yeah basically. Originally I had planned to fiberglass the whole spare tire well and run the ports straight up behind the amps but I think this way will work just as good. I have enough clearance to run the ports this way and not block any flow out of it. So far so good!
So when all is said and done will you still have pretty close to the full function of your trunk space?
Old 09-10-11, 12:45 PM
impact
Driver

That was the original intent but I keep changing my mind haha. I'll still have a decent amount of space left but I'm still tossing ideas around on exactly what I want to do. That's why I haven't posted anything up in a while. I have to fight the demons inside me haha

Quick Reply: SC300 stereo system and interior rebuild