SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Suprus's 1JZ swap thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-12, 05:08 PM
suprus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks man I appreciate that your car and build actually inspired some aspects of my build!
For the turbo piping and valve covers I used abbq paint actually. It says its high heat and can with stand up to 400 degrees so i'm hoping that should be okay. I'm planning on wrapping my dp and keeping the stock heat shield so under hood temps shouldn't be all that high . The turbo hot side and y pipe I used the vht flame proof header paint flat black. Whether that last or not I could really care less. And the clear was engine block enamel I believe for the covers. And I also used vht high temp primer to help the paint from cracking from the bottom layer so hopefully it will last for a little while at least. I guess we shall see. I'm just trying to not damage it while installing everything before I even get the car running.
Old 12-03-12, 05:30 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by suprus
Hey thanks man I appreciate that your car and build actually inspired some aspects of my build!
For the turbo piping and valve covers I used abbq paint actually. It says its high heat and can with stand up to 400 degrees so i'm hoping that should be okay. I'm planning on wrapping my dp and keeping the stock heat shield so under hood temps shouldn't be all that high . The turbo hot side and y pipe I used the vht flame proof header paint flat black. Whether that last or not I could really care less. And the clear was engine block enamel I believe for the covers. And I also used vht high temp primer to help the paint from cracking from the bottom layer so hopefully it will last for a little while at least. I guess we shall see. I'm just trying to not damage it while installing everything before I even get the car running.
Glad to hear that I inspired you to do your build or at least give you some guidance.

The paint you used, I have always had really good luck with in the past, if prepped and sanded properly. My paint on everything under the hood has been holding up rather well. I had to touch up a few spots, just from using too much degreaser one time... OOOOPPPSSS !!. It was to hot when applied and spotted. I was soooooo pissed.. Its all corrected now. Good luck on your build, and if you need help or a little guidance post up or PM me.