Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or just search for the glass high beams. That's what I did. No yellowing
Old 08-03-11, 02:50 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ashtray
Going with what you said...does anybody know where to purchase clear bra for our lowbeam lamps? or where we can get a sheet and possibly just mold it over and cut the extra off?
That's not a bad idea.

Mine are beyond saving now, I use 3m rubbing compound and polish to do mine and other peoples headlights all the time and even it couldn't save these lenses.
Old 08-03-11, 02:51 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Here you all go
Check out this link. It seems good. Comes with clear bra for fogs, highs and lows for a decent price. Just sand what you have, plast-x it, and put this on for LONG TERM protection. G35 guys do this along with the 350Z guys.

http://www.headlightarmor.com/lexus-...ts.aspx?page=6

Last edited by ashtray; 08-03-11 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-03-11, 03:14 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Id be down gotta get some new ebays first though Dammit I'm really pissed off about this. Why the does the 240 get aftermarket stuff galore and we have to diy everything, WTF!

Edit: already know the answer... fast and furious
Ha! I posted before you deleted

Last edited by MattStarr; 08-03-11 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-03-11, 05:45 PM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
try some headlight restoration stuff / plastic x before you go and buy new ebay lights.
plastx not worth it . i would have to apply almost every 2 weeks. i said screw it and went with wet sand solution got better results. or be cheap and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pF9LsfgePU

Last edited by suislide; 08-03-11 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-03-11, 10:56 PM
DJVe
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luxor
Discontinued and worth every penny.

I want!!
Old 08-04-11, 06:36 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Someone attempted to make their own version awhile back. I don't remember the result, but if you search you should find their thread
Old 08-04-11, 10:34 AM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DJVe

I want!!
I know RIGHT!

Originally Posted by 88supramki
Someone attempted to make their own version awhile back. I don't remember the result, but if you search you should find their thread
Ya I saw it, I wasnt too impressed though.
Old 08-04-11, 10:36 AM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by suislide
plastx not worth it . i would have to apply almost every 2 weeks. i said screw it and went with wet sand solution got better results. or be cheap and this
Use 3m rubbing compound, then 3m polish, by far the best. Or buy a 3m headlight restore kit for $20, worth every penny. Thats what the pros use.
Old 08-04-11, 11:15 AM
blacksc4
Lead Lap

its tru no more bought clear lens unless u use ebay, which actually arnt bad if you take care of the lens (regular buff and wax)
DO NOT use the clear film over the headlight! it will mess up your headlight evn more, what happens is the film (clear bra) will hold the heat from the bulb into the headlight and in about a couple weeks ull start seeing heat stress cracks on your headlight which is evn worse than a hazy headlight, u can google the problem, lots of corvette ppl have done it, then itll jus look like its scratched to death i advise against it, also nvr clean headlights with any chemical stufff, jus use a compound or wax

and if u want clear lens with stock jus sand and deline, takes time turns out good tho
(sry for the hazy pic its actually very clear my phone just sucks)
Attached Thumbnails Supermade Lenses?-img00147-20110804-1400.jpg  
Old 08-04-11, 11:43 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how long did each headlight take?? and what were the tools and steps used to get it done??
Old 08-04-11, 11:51 AM
blacksc4
Lead Lap

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...eadlights.html
follow those instructions but when you do the oven part to take apart the lens put it in at 212 degress for 12 minutes its better for the light (not 300 degress as stated in the directions)
took me about 3-4 days with alot of sanding
i did not use a sanding block, jus hands
i started with 800 grit and moved a step higher each time stopped at 2500 and buffed it with meguires rubbing compound (black bottle with a red car) then finished with meguires tech wax 2.0
ohh and be sure to reseal the headlight propperly or ull get condensation, any sealant will work and can be found at autozone, pepboys etc.
alot of ppl only deline the part where the projector is (much easier with a pretty cool look) but i think its bttr all delined

im a headlight freak, i design lots of em with different lights, if anyone has questions ill be glad to help

Last edited by blacksc4; 08-04-11 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-04-11, 12:59 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The appeal behind the Supermade or Bright-X lens covers is the way the fact that they are CLEAR. They don't have the lines inside the lens like stock do. This is extremely beneficial if you're going with a retrofit or a new projector lens and pnp hid. The stock lens with a retrofit really blurs the cutoff line.
Old 08-04-11, 04:18 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

@ blacksc4 I havent seen this problem with my friends G35 and he's had them on for a little over a year now. Maybe it comes down to what film these people are using and how good the prep work is. I dont see how it could retain heat.
Old 08-04-11, 10:07 PM
blacksc4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ashtray
@ blacksc4 I havent seen this problem with my friends G35 and he's had them on for a little over a year now. Maybe it comes down to what film these people are using and how good the prep work is. I dont see how it could retain heat.
hmm could be possible, the way ive read it done causing cracks is before the film is placed the lens absorbs the heat then lets it out (no barrier between lens and air) but when the film is placed on, the lens releases heat to the film then back to the lens causing stress cracks, its possible to take over a year, and also possible as u said for the prep and install method, ive never done it so im not too sure
another thing to consider tho is g35 lights are made of a plexi-plastic cover which is thicker than most headlights (especially older sc's) so they may not crack as easily in higher temps cuz they can resist more

Quick Reply: Supermade Lenses?