SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My 1 month old SC

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-11, 08:21 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Ooooooh! Midnight Indigo Pearl! We got the same color! Only a few people on here have that color, considered rare that's why I kept mine even though I badly want a black on black...
Old 11-02-11, 08:29 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time and time again I see people buy these cars because they are ""CHEAP"". The car itself is a very good price now a days, however to restore and fix the problems in a SC will cost a good sum of $$$$. Sinking another 1-2k randomly is very common from unforseen problems. Alot of people end up giving up on these cars after they see the repair bills. Hate to see another one be tossed away.

Feeling sick after 2k~. Some of us have spent 10-20k+ and we dont feel sick cuz we love our cars.

Im glad you got another ride from an amazing bf (not many of those around anymore =D), however please research this car alot more. You can easily sink another 5k in restoring the car. Best of luck modding! And welcome to CL.!
Old 11-02-11, 08:43 AM
CrZxDrAgOn
Pole Position

lol wow i can't belive u have the window sticker, how many mpg's does it say the car gets?
Old 11-02-11, 08:56 AM
SCGIRL400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eliteskill
Time and time again I see people buy these cars because they are ""CHEAP"". The car itself is a very good price now a days, however to restore and fix the problems in a SC will cost a good sum of $$$$. Sinking another 1-2k randomly is very common from unforseen problems. Alot of people end up giving up on these cars after they see the repair bills. Hate to see another one be tossed away.

Feeling sick after 2k~. Some of us have spent 10-20k+ and we dont feel sick cuz we love our cars.

Im glad you got another ride from an amazing bf (not many of those around anymore =D), however please research this car alot more. You can easily sink another 5k in restoring the car. Best of luck modding! And welcome to CL.!
I was feeling sick because i didnt really have the extra money...If I had thousands to spend...Oh man I would. I love this car and will probably spend lots in the long run.
Old 11-02-11, 08:58 AM
nlc
Pole Position

Glad ur happy now! Now on to the other 1 most of us need parts n u need money so part it is? Lol
Old 11-02-11, 08:59 AM
SCGIRL400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CrZxDrAgOn
lol wow i can't belive u have the window sticker, how many mpg's does it say the car gets?
18/22 but as high as 21/26 depending on driving conditions and vehicle condition.
Old 11-02-11, 09:08 AM
CloudNine7
Rookie

Congrats SCGirl!!! On the car "and" the boyfriend! ha! Beautiful car! What a great find!
Old 11-02-11, 09:27 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by eliteskill

Amen to that! True true!
Old 11-02-11, 09:30 AM
SCGIRL400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nlc
Glad ur happy now! Now on to the other 1 most of us need parts n u need money so part it is? Lol
THis is most likely the route I will go. But I havent posted quite enough to post on classifieds. Im pretty close. so maybe a day or two..
Old 11-02-11, 09:31 AM
SCGIRL400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kingphilip
Ooooooh! Midnight Indigo Pearl! We got the same color! Only a few people on here have that color, considered rare that's why I kept mine even though I badly want a black on black...
I would like black too but since I now know its a rare color i will be leaving it.
Old 11-02-11, 09:32 AM
SCGIRL400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CloudNine7
Congrats SCGirl!!! On the car "and" the boyfriend! ha! Beautiful car! What a great find!
Thanks! They both were great finds!
Old 11-02-11, 09:37 AM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

any updates?
Old 11-02-11, 10:56 AM
SCGIRL400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1J0Z SC
any updates?
Update is on page 2 Lovin my car!
Old 11-03-11, 04:41 PM
baritoneg
Driver School Candidate

Welcome SCGIRL400! I have a 400 too here in Florida.... as a matter of fact I think it is the same color. If I were you I would stick with the V8. I know everyone loves the 2Z, but there is nothing that sounds sweeter than that V8 purring with a tanabe medalion exhaust! LOL! That's just my opinion though... You should price compare getting a new motor vs getting new heads. I can tell you that people charge more for the car because it looks difficult to work on, but it is not that complicated. I do have some advice that you might want to hear... Whatever you do with the engine issue make sure you have the starter and timing belts changed on either the new motor before you put it in or on your current motor when you have the heads redone. Together, on that V8 engine it will run you about $2000 if you don't have someone to do it for you. If they are already in there or the motor is not in the car it is a WHOLE LOT easier and will cost you less in the long run.
Old 11-03-11, 05:01 PM
SupLex
Driver School Candidate

IMO sc3's are a better platform. The worlds best boost responsive motor... Dont get me wrong I appriciate a sc4 aswell but those 2 extra cylinders will COST you...

Quick Reply: My 1 month old SC