Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was this on pump gas?
Old 09-25-02, 01:28 AM
ToyoBeastly
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Re: my first post

Originally posted by Beef

Whats up Mitsu....... looking for a SC huh ... join the crowd..
i see you have traveled over from SupraForums like myself......and i am indeed looking for an SC

good to see a familiar sig
Old 09-25-02, 04:56 AM
henrynguyen
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: turbo finally on

Originally posted by wayne
I finally got my turbo kit on.

toyomoto manifold
60-1 70 front housing/69 rear housing
6 rc 440's inj
npr intercooler
greddy b/v
greddy exhaust
vpc w/440 chip
gcc
afc
ttz fuel pump
fuel pressure regulator
hks midpipe
3" downpipe
turbonetics deltagate
tt h/g

All the work done by C&N PERFORMANCE in Hallandale, Fl.

Dyno'd last night and got 427rwhp at 8 psi. All on the stock
automatic tranny.
427rwhp at 8psi? Too much hp dude. I run 14.5psi on 7M-GTE Engine only 292 at the wheel.
Attached Thumbnails turbo finally on-carengine.jpg  
Old 09-25-02, 12:30 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by SC300T
Ok, so you're more like 9.x? to 1. Sounds like a REALLY good compromise on the compression ratio. You must have nailed the air/fuel ratio. Did you log a/f? If so, what was it? What is the npr intercooler? A front mount? Big-Small?

Also, the .69 and .70 A/R is big for the T60-1, probably a good option considering the T60-1 spools so low with a .58 on the exhaust side.

Any engine work done on this? Also did you pull in 4th with the TC locked?

If you're at around 9.2:1 at 8psi, I would imagine you could run 14-15psi. Any thoughts on how much you'll be able to boost on pump gas?

If you're gaining 32hp per psi, you'd probably reach 575-600rwhp at 14-15psi. (very hard to believe)

Most of us are running stock MAF, I'm sure the VPC is helping a bit, too.
For our cars .69 is about average... .81 is big

of course compared to an RX-7, .81 is VERY tiny... the stock turbo runs a 1.0 A/R...

the stock MAF is a karmon vortex type which sucks *** for any kind of flow... I'm not suprised at all that he was able to get a big power increase from using a VPC...

if I remember right from my RX-7 days, a 2nd gen using a MAF can gain about 45rwhp or so from swapping over to a speed density type air-metering system... i'd figure the 2jz-ge would be the same since its AFM sucks just as much

427rwhp at 8psi? Too much hp dude. I run 14.5psi on 7M-GTE Engine only 292 at the wheel.
I hope you're being unsarcastic here

Comparing the 7M to a 2jz is like comparing an old flat-top V8 found in a family car in the 40s and 50s to a LS6...

Last edited by Bean; 09-25-02 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-25-02, 12:51 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: turbo finally on

Originally posted by henrynguyen

You can't compare a 7m to a 2j. and i have had both. most of this stuff was on my 7m.
Old 09-25-02, 04:39 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Bean, I think Henry was serious . And i'm not a big fan of the Burger King (Red/Yellow) engine painting scheme .............
Old 09-25-02, 04:53 PM
henrynguyen
Driver

Talking I love my Burger King dude

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Bean, I think Henry was serious . And i'm not a big fan of the Burger King (Red/Yellow) engine painting scheme .............
My Burger King can fry both of my SC300, SC400 dude. It also smokes 2JZ-GTE easily without any question. This is my old baby that had 190,000 miles on the engine and yup it still can fry and smoke. It is fun to have one.
Old 09-25-02, 06:38 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

It also smokes 2JZ-GTE easily without any question.
Without any Question?
I have a question... With a minimal investment on a 2JZ-GTE ($1500), you can get to BPU levels that would SPANK your 292rwhp. How does 292rwhp beat 375-400rwhp? Even stock GTEs push close to 300rwhp. 300rwhp v.s. 292rwhp would certainly qualify for being "Question"-able.

Also, try your luck with ANY NA-T 2JZs and you'll surely be on the short end of the stick. (Lowest NA-T I know of is around 360rwhp).

As for the Burger King scheme... I typically try to stay out of comments on aesthetic mods as they are always up to an individual's interpretation and point of view. People will always have diverse opinions on what is aesthetically pleasing.

I will offer my opinion on this as a BA in Industrial Design: Red and Yellow don't imply beauty to me in the way that nicely chromed pieces do, and the use of color for emphasis is used in the wrong manner in this particular case.

For instance, looking at Clint's newest engine with all the braided lines, aeroquip fittings and tactfully chroming or plating on selected items emphasize the correct (and important) items on his engine. Many of the visual enhancements offer true measurable performance or reliability benefit. Form follows function-follows form.

On the other hand, emphasis on a vacuum line by highlighting it in yellow visually detracts from the important pieces like items that actually do something (turbo, radiator, alternator, battery, etc)... Sorry... It would be like a diamond ring with a bright pink band. Wrong use of color, IMO.

Now if the car was painted yellow, had yellow seats, yellow wheels, etc, well....
Old 09-25-02, 11:13 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Henry, just funnin' with ya, do watcha like if it makes you happy, i'm sure your 7M is plenty quick. Scott the Diplomat, have to say that once again I concur......

- Jon

Oh, and Henry, speaking of my this can fry your that.....
Attached Thumbnails turbo finally on-compressed-t-type-welds.jpg  
Old 09-25-02, 11:19 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: turbo finally on

Originally posted by wayne
I finally got my turbo kit on.

toyomoto manifold
60-1 70 front housing/69 rear housing
6 rc 440's inj
npr intercooler
greddy b/v
greddy exhaust
vpc w/440 chip
gcc
afc
ttz fuel pump
fuel pressure regulator
hks midpipe
3" downpipe
turbonetics deltagate
tt h/g

All the work done by C&N PERFORMANCE in Hallandale, Fl.

Dyno'd last night and got 427rwhp at 8 psi. All on the stock
automatic tranny.
OK. I listened to what everyone was saying about the boost level and I took the advise and checked the boost gauge. I replaced it and got a reading of 15 psi. Turns out the brand new boost gauge was defective. I can admit when i'm wrong. But still 427rwhp on just basic tuning is not bad. after the tranny i hope to do a full tuning using the afc.
Old 09-25-02, 11:22 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

AHA!
Old 09-26-02, 12:54 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

hopefully when i get the tranny done i can turn ON the boost controller and start at about 12lbs of boost. let's see what that gets me.
Ummm. So you have a spring in the waste gate with the boost controller off, the boost gauge was bad, but you boosted to 15psi? I'm a little confused. If the boost controller is off, the spring should pretty closely dictate boost level. Surely you know what spring was installed...
Old 09-26-02, 01:33 AM
henrynguyen
Driver

Thumbs up wow

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Henry, just funnin' with ya, do watcha like if it makes you happy, i'm sure your 7M is plenty quick. Scott the Diplomat, have to say that once again I concur......

- Jon

Oh, and Henry, speaking of my this can fry your that.....
Hey where you get the $5,00.00 car? It looks nice, I'm sure it can smoke a 78 Honda civic CVC.
Old 09-26-02, 02:00 AM
henrynguyen
Driver

Cool 320hp at the crank man

Originally posted by SC300T

Without any Question?
I have a question... With a minimal investment on a 2JZ-GTE ($1500), you can get to BPU levels that would SPANK your 292rwhp. How does 292rwhp beat 375-400rwhp? Even stock GTEs push close to 300rwhp. 300rwhp v.s. 292rwhp would certainly qualify for being "Question"-able.

Also, try your luck with ANY NA-T 2JZs and you'll surely be on the short end of the stick. (Lowest NA-T I know of is around 360rwhp).

As for the Burger King scheme... I typically try to stay out of comments on aesthetic mods as they are always up to an individual's interpretation and point of view. People will always have diverse opinions on what is aesthetically pleasing.

I will offer my opinion on this as a BA in Industrial Design: Red and Yellow don't imply beauty to me in the way that nicely chromed pieces do, and the use of color for emphasis is used in the wrong manner in this particular case.

For instance, looking at Clint's newest engine with all the braided lines, aeroquip fittings and tactfully chroming or plating on selected items emphasize the correct (and important) items on his engine. Many of the visual enhancements offer true measurable performance or reliability benefit. Form follows function-follows form.

On the other hand, emphasis on a vacuum line by highlighting it in yellow visually detracts from the important pieces like items that actually do something (turbo, radiator, alternator, battery, etc)... Sorry... It would be like a diamond ring with a bright pink band. Wrong use of color, IMO.

Now if the car was painted yellow, had yellow seats, yellow wheels, etc, well....
Don't take it to serious, i owned this car since I was in high school. But a stock 2JZ-GTE cannot smoke my Burger King for sure. My buddy 2JZ-GTE cannot beat a dodge neon man.
Old 09-26-02, 02:04 AM
henrynguyen
Driver

Talking It is fun here

Anyway guys, a car cannot produce a lot of horsepower at low boost level. Example of 2JZ-GTE produces 320 hp at the crank on stock boost level (around 11psi-13psi). Additional mod such as down pipe, computer upgrade, EVC (electronic valve control) and intake system for a price of $2,000 or less can bring the car up to 400hp + but not a lot of torque gain. I never hear 8psi of boost can produce 427rwhp and most people from Lexus forum believed it accept me. I owned my Supra since I was in high school. I know a lot about turbo than most people here in Lexus Forum. I still cannot believe that 15psi can produce 427rwhp but maybe at the crank. It required about 22psi or more to produce 427rwhp dude. Anyway correctly me if I’m wrong.

Quick Reply: turbo finally on