SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-11, 06:17 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SChema
Size of wheel is not going to change the amount of wheel gap you have, that is if you properly sized your tires. Your tires will dictated your wheel gap. If you properly sized your tires, overall O/D will be the same whether you have 16's, 17', 18's, 19's or 20's.
Very true and these are just stock supra wheels with 275-40-17 rear and 245-45-17 front and the overall diameter is the same.
Old 08-18-11, 06:26 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Size of wheel is not going to change the amount of wheel gap you have, that is if you properly sized your tires. Your tires will dictated your wheel gap. If you properly sized your tires, overall O/D will be the same whether you have 16's, 17', 18's, 19's or 20's.
Originally Posted by xspsi6
Very true and these are just stock supra wheels with 275-40-17 rear and 245-45-17 front and the overall diameter is the same.
i think ur wrong there friends... my tires are as proper as they come... my wheel gap is like not visible. u be the judge
Attached Thumbnails Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics-rsz_cimg2900.jpg   Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics-081511154533.jpg  
Old 08-18-11, 06:29 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

u can fit 20's to maintain the same wheel o/d as factory but then ur wheels will be to thin IMO... this is my uncles car... still barely a wheel gap

edit: i had just installed the springs for him the same day thispicture was taken so they did settle in a bit more.
Attached Thumbnails Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics-071911191105.jpg  
Old 08-18-11, 06:49 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Like I said, when you properly size your tires the wheel gap will remain the same, which is an overall diameter of 25.7". So you're saying your car has plus sized tires whereas your uncle's car is correctly sized?
Old 08-18-11, 06:51 PM
Spooled
Lead Lap

I also feel that the NF210s are a very insufficient drop. I'm running 18's with 35 series tires. I made these these my new "OEM". My factory struts were leaking and knew that these will be easy to resell as a kit when I run coilovers.

The last picture I provided shows the absolute worst angle and lighting to give the best idea of how much gap can/will still exist for anyone looking to run these.

The rear is good, but the both front and rear still needs to go lower. Overall I'm pleased with the ride and the quality. and it is lower than OEM. I'd usually never post these pics but I'm trying to assist a fellow CL member with my previous experience/knowledge.
Attached Thumbnails Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics-spacer.jpg   Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics-cimg8635.jpg   Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics-hpim8448.jpg  
Old 08-18-11, 06:54 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

edit: @SChema.....i never disagreed with u my man... im trying to say what is proper???? my wheels fit fine... i turn fine... i dont rub unless i hit a really deep bump. staying with the factory O/D doesnt mean "proper"... have u seen the wheel specs ppl run on this site. to me functionality is "proper". i was telling the O/P "IMO if u run 20"s it will look better with THOSE springs"...

u CAN run 17" with big tires but IMO i think 20" look better with THOSE springs.
Old 08-18-11, 07:00 PM
1jzchris
Pole Position

I have tanabe with my stock wheels and it does sit a bit high to me too................................Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics-img01185.jpg
Old 08-18-11, 07:00 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

"Proper fitment" and "Proper size" are two different things. I terms of simplicity, if your speedometer reads faster or slower than normal (just by switching our wheels) then that means your tires are not properly sized. They may be sized correctly for the wheel but not for the gearing of the car itself.

I made my post to clear things up for the OP so he is not misinformed.

I too once ran the NF210's and many sets of wheels and tires. Each and every set of wheels and tires were properly sized and properly fit. "Proper fitment" is relative and "Proper size" is static.
Old 08-18-11, 07:16 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

"Proper fitment" and "Proper size" are two different things. I terms of simplicity, if your speedometer reads faster or slower than normal (just by switching our wheels) then that means your tires are not properly sized. They may be sized correctly for the wheel but not for the gearing of the car itself.

I made my post to clear things up for the OP so he is not misinformed.

I too once ran the NF210's and many sets of wheels and tires. Each and every set of wheels and tires were properly sized and properly fit. "Proper fitment" is relative and "Proper size" is static.

i get it... like i said... my post was a "IMO" post... stating what i think looks better with those springs...

and just to make things even more clear, thats the first thing i checked... my speedometer IS still very accurate and my transmission shifts perfect.. just saying
Old 08-18-11, 07:32 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

In no way whatsoever is an "IMO" post an accurate comparison to what the OP was looking for. OP is comparing his wheel package to yours. Where yours is most likely plus sized, which you have confirmed. No where in your original posts did you state your tire sizes. OP is scratching his head thinking he did something wrong trying to figure why his car is sitting a bit higher than yours when he assumes that you're running "Properly sized" tires to match the car, not the wheels. Heck I can run a 35 series tire on a 16" wheel and drop my car 1.5" without any suspension work.

If you want to get technical go ahead and post up your tire sizes, that will clear things up in a jiffy. I guarantee you that your speedometer is running slower than actual if you are running plus sized tires; and no, a plus sized tire is not going to make your transmission shift any different.

I apologize OP for getting OT, just trying to help straighten things out for you. The stance is correct on your car for those springs and tire sizes. cmh is running larger tires so it's not an accurate comparison. Spooled's car is more accurate.
Old 08-18-11, 07:37 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1jzchris
I have tanabe with my stock wheels and it does sit a bit high to me too................................Attachment 219873

Are you agreeing that mine looks high? Yours looks like mine needs to be
Is there any other spring mfr out there besides Tanabe? I swear I had Teins on my old sc300 back in the day...
Old 08-18-11, 07:42 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

xspsi6, It may be too late but if you're thinking about switching to a different strut combo without going coilovers, you should try Supra struts with Eibach pro kit made for Supras. You may know already, no intermixing springs and struts between Supras and SCs. That is my most recent combo I'm rolling on after selling my Flex. I have roughly half a finger gap in the front and barely a finger gap in the rear. Sorry no pictures yet. Finger gap in this case is almost 3/4".

612 on pump gas. That's impressive, 93 octane?
Old 08-18-11, 07:47 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cmh
those springs in my opinion are made specifically for 20 inch rims... both my sc' have those springs
Originally Posted by cmh
if ur gunna get 20's then ur str8 but otherwise i think u should go a little lower... just till theres no wheel gap. i love those springs thought they ride real comfortable and to me thats important if u own a lexus.
brotha since u keep at this where did i give a fact here... everything looks very opininated to me. if u dnt like my opinion over look it... i didnt tell him to buy those springs and i never told him to buy 20's.
Old 08-18-11, 09:06 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Have you allowed time for the springs to "Settle"?
Old 08-18-11, 09:43 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

xspsi6, It may be too late but if you're thinking about switching to a different strut combo without going coilovers, you should try Supra struts with Eibach pro kit made for Supras. You may know already, no intermixing springs and struts between Supras and SCs. That is my most recent combo I'm rolling on after selling my Flex. I have roughly half a finger gap in the front and barely a finger gap in the rear. Sorry no pictures yet. Finger gap in this case is almost 3/4".

612 on pump gas. That's impressive, 93 octane?
Yes 612 93oct fuel 62/62 billet turbo I may just ditch them in favor of coilovers in the next month or 2 as I can't really take it anymore

And they have been on for a while so I am sure they settled already.

Quick Reply: Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics