SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-11, 10:16 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cmh
brotha since u keep at this where did i give a fact here... everything looks very opininated to me. if u dnt like my opinion over look it... i didnt tell him to buy those springs and i never told him to buy 20's.
regardless of how you said it, what I (as many others, apparently) read is "20's will reduce wheel gap, otherwise you need to go lower"
that part didn't look like opinion, it looked like bad information. That's all he's trying to clarify, and you're getting butthurt.

OP: maybe check to make sure the rubber isolator on the spring perches is set correctly, with the little bit of driving you've done, it may not have been noticeable. I will say my stock-height looks like it has less gap (or equal gap, at the most) to your current setup.
Old 08-18-11, 10:20 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Get some Espelir springs, you'll dislike the ride, but you'll absolutely love the stance and height.
Old 08-18-11, 11:01 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luxor
Get some Espelir springs, you'll dislike the ride, but you'll absolutely love the stance and height.
Who sells these? I should note the rubber isolators are set properly which I thought of already as I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out this issue
Old 08-18-11, 11:35 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

I have espelirs and your gonna wish the rears were 1/2 an inch lower
Old 08-19-11, 01:59 AM
fantastic1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Im sorry, but why would you every waste money on springs and struts? Just buy coilovers, there are multiple sets now that are only 100$ or so more then the strut and spring set ups and you get FULL ADJUSTABLE CONTROL. Springs and struts seems like a very foolish invest to me

I totally agree with this. Why spend $100 on shocks and springs when $200 will get you adjustability in both height and dampening? (the price was just made up to provide an example) I never understood this.
Old 08-19-11, 02:28 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fantastic1
I totally agree with this. Why spend $100 on shocks and springs when $200 will get you adjustability in both height and dampening? (the price was just made up to provide an example) I never understood this.
stop bumping your post count.. coilovers are like 800 bucks..
Old 08-19-11, 03:05 AM
Copilot
Driver

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
stop bumping your post count.. coilovers are like 800 bucks..

yeah and 4 new struts plus a set of lowering springs is around $650.

Thats the point, why spend $600 to not have any dampening adjustability or ride height adjustability?
Old 08-19-11, 03:21 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

OP, lets trade cars. I love that color.
Old 08-19-11, 05:04 AM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Copilot
yeah and 4 new struts plus a set of lowering springs is around $650.

Thats the point, why spend $600 to not have any dampening adjustability or ride height adjustability?
because most people who don't dump their ride want to set it, and forget it. It really doesn't help that 99% of the people on these forums really don't know what adjustable dampeners actually means, anyway.
Old 08-19-11, 07:53 AM
Spooled
Lead Lap

Food for thought. I'd rather run a reliable $650 Tokico HP/Tanabe combo for the time being, rather than an $800 coilover package that will probably have a leak or noisey tops within 5k miles. Most of the quality coilovers I've seen/experienced are $1k + (Stance, HKS, etc).

It'll be a never ending battle with everyones different wheel/tire combos and how their car sits.
Old 08-19-11, 09:56 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BenStoked
regardless of how you said it, what I (as many others, apparently) read is "20's will reduce wheel gap, otherwise you need to go lower"
that part didn't look like opinion, it looked like bad information. That's all he's trying to clarify, and you're getting butthurt.

OP: maybe check to make sure the rubber isolator on the spring perches is set correctly, with the little bit of driving you've done, it may not have been noticeable. I will say my stock-height looks like it has less gap (or equal gap, at the most) to your current setup.
lol... another hero...

op: i apologize if my opinion was miss leading... to clarify, rather then getting small wheels with big tires to fill the gap, i would(actually i did) get 20 inch rims with watever size tire will fill the gap. just so u know, my car drives fantastic. otherwise i think ur car looks very clean at that heighht even with those wheels. i would trade u both my sc' for urs... lol
Old 08-19-11, 10:18 AM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Here's my car on Tanabes, my front tires are exactly the same height as the stock size and the backs are about 3/4in taller. One day I'm going to cut a coil of the top of the springs to get the front down, it should drop it about 1/2in.

Old 08-19-11, 10:46 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FatBrian81
Here's my car on Tanabes, my front tires are exactly the same height as the stock size and the backs are about 3/4in taller. One day I'm going to cut a coil of the top of the springs to get the front down, it should drop it about 1/2in.

looks sweet... the back looks wicked aggresive. thats the only thing i can honestly say i dnt like about the sc. u see the body line of the car... now look how much lower the cut out of the rear wheel is in comparison to the cut out of the front. front wheel cut out goes over the body line and th rear cut out is way below.. dnt get that. it makes the front look way higher.

whats ur wheel specs.. im loving it.
Old 08-19-11, 12:31 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
OP, lets trade cars. I love that color.
I waited 4 years to find a RSP on black combo that was not a rust belt car or a crappy color change so the current project is swap it and get a solid 500whp just as a fun toy/weekend car as it never gets driven as it is

As to the cutting 1 of the dead coils off the top, That is something I thought of and imo it should be fine as it's a dead coil and not anything more so I may try this as a last resort and I have heard of people putting supra lowering springs on the front as it is supposed to be a direct fit however the rears are different spring pearches.
Old 08-19-11, 12:33 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Spooled
Food for thought. I'd rather run a reliable $650 Tokico HP/Tanabe combo for the time being, rather than an $800 coilover package that will probably have a leak or noisey tops within 5k miles. Most of the quality coilovers I've seen/experienced are $1k + (Stance, HKS, etc).

It'll be a never ending battle with everyones different wheel/tire combos and how their car sits.
I agree, buying coilovers is like buying a DVD/VCR combo, sure it's convenient and more expensive, but I'd rather buy them separately in case if one side breaks. Because if the DVD player breaks, all you have is a fancy VCR.

Quick Reply: Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics