SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-11, 01:34 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Im sorry, but why would you every waste money on springs and struts? Just buy coilovers, there are multiple sets now that are only 100$ or so more then the strut and spring set ups and you get FULL ADJUSTABLE CONTROL. Springs and struts seems like a very foolish invest to me
I take it you either have never blown a coilover or replaced/repaired a bad coilover yet. Coils aren't for everyone! As for foolish investment, really?!
99% of us here who have spent any amount of money to mod our cars have maid a bad investment!
Old 08-19-11, 01:43 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Finally someone agrees with me. I love my stance without coilovers. Just as wide body kits arent for everyone either.
Old 08-19-11, 02:00 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Allright so I can't sit around and allow this conversation to pass without throwing my 2 cents in any more. To the OP....here is my SC on Supra Tokico struts and Supra Eibach lowering springs....

As you can see I have maybe less than 3/4" wheel gap all around.....I would say even less than that. The ride seems perfectly fine with me but then again my version of "fine" or "comfortable" may be different than others.

This strut/spring combo cost me only 180 shipped on supraforums. There is no one that can tell me they can find me a coilover setup cheaper than that. I don't like it when people say to just get coilovers and nothing else. I know myself and many other members here on this forum will probably not use coilovers to their true potential. I just want a drop and thats it.

So to the OP....if your not happy with your drop definitely sell your current setup and go on supraforums and check their classifieds for this particular setup. I promise you that you will not be disappointed with the look, ride, and price of this setup. If you need any more pics just let me know and I can't take them for you at anytime. Always more than willing to help out fellow SC enthusiasts.
Old 08-19-11, 03:21 PM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cmh
whats ur wheel specs.. im loving it.
They are 18x8.5 +35 in the front with a 245/35/18/tire. The back is 19x9.5 +35 with a 285/35/19 tire. I had to roll and pull the rear but the front hasn't been touched.
Old 08-19-11, 04:25 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBrian81
They are 18x8.5 +35 in the front with a 245/35/18/tire. The back is 19x9.5 +35 with a 285/35/19 tire. I had to roll and pull the rear but the front hasn't been touched.
Lol no wonder I love it im running a similar setup...
20x8.5 +35 and 20x10 +35....lol siick stuff
Old 08-19-11, 04:43 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
I take it you either have never blown a coilover or replaced/repaired a bad coilover yet. Coils aren't for everyone! As for foolish investment, really?!
99% of us here who have spent any amount of money to mod our cars have maid a bad investment!
i dont really know what you are doing to Blow a ballast ? Iv had my teins for well over 4 years, with 100,xxx miles put on them. from everything to daily driving, Drifting, Driving in huge amounts of snow, pot holes and speed bumps, blah blah blah. Mine are all fine and still rebound perfectly. Not to mention most of the well known brands are all rebuildable
Old 08-19-11, 05:20 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Allright so I can't sit around and allow this conversation to pass without throwing my 2 cents in any more. To the OP....here is my SC on Supra Tokico struts and Supra Eibach lowering springs....

As you can see I have maybe less than 3/4" wheel gap all around.....I would say even less than that. The ride seems perfectly fine with me but then again my version of "fine" or "comfortable" may be different than others.

This strut/spring combo cost me only 180 shipped on supraforums. There is no one that can tell me they can find me a coilover setup cheaper than that. I don't like it when people say to just get coilovers and nothing else. I know myself and many other members here on this forum will probably not use coilovers to their true potential. I just want a drop and thats it.

So to the OP....if your not happy with your drop definitely sell your current setup and go on supraforums and check their classifieds for this particular setup. I promise you that you will not be disappointed with the look, ride, and price of this setup. If you need any more pics just let me know and I can't take them for you at anytime. Always more than willing to help out fellow SC enthusiasts.
Yea I do have a set of shocks from my supra laying around and to be honest I am happy with the drop in the rear so I may look in to just finding a set of used front lowering springs...
Old 08-19-11, 07:20 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xspsi6
Yea I do have a set of shocks from my supra laying around and to be honest I am happy with the drop in the rear so I may look in to just finding a set of used front lowering springs...
a guy i know has cut a coil off the nf210's on two or three sc's and he said the customers never complained about ride quality. they said the car still rides smooth... i say u try that beofre u change the springs.. u already got them if ur gunna get rid of them id say go for the cut first... u got nothing to loose
Old 08-19-11, 09:24 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cmh
a guy i know has cut a coil off the nf210's on two or three sc's and he said the customers never complained about ride quality. they said the car still rides smooth... i say u try that beofre u change the springs.. u already got them if ur gunna get rid of them id say go for the cut first... u got nothing to loose
Yes I will do this first for sure it's just a matter of finding time to do it properly since I need a band saw and a mill to get the proper step in the cut coil to seat properly in the rubber

Yea it's prolly a bit over **** but hey I grew up in a machiene shop so everything is over built in my family
Old 08-19-11, 11:22 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xspsi6
There you go....it's a possibility. I saw you would try to cut the current coils and then try the supra shocks and springs afterwards. I think you got a better idea now....just need to have the time to get them done one by one. Goodluck and hope everything works out
Old 08-19-11, 11:52 PM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just put on my espelirs and i can barely fit a finger in both the front and rear. there's one shop that can still get em, and it takes forever cuz they come from Japan. i don't think the tanabe's are known for dumping our cars though. it only says it drops the front like .9 of an inch if i recall, which is nothing on our bronco'd out cars. i'd say f*** cutting them, it'll make them harder to sell. just sell them and go on supraforums like other people suggested. you'll be happier.
Old 08-20-11, 12:51 AM
Copilot
Driver

I'd say sell them and just get some custom springs made if you don't want to do coilovers. Its not that much more expensive and you can get the springs made to be the exact length you want so you can have a 1" drop or a 4" drop if you want.
Old 09-10-11, 02:17 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Ok today I cut 1 dead coil off the nf210's in front only and it lowered it about a 1/2 inch more which is better than how it was but I was not willing to cut any more dead coils off to go lower as the top hat would not have tension any more and with 1 coil cut it was as good as it's going to get without hacking it which is not something I was willing to do so I will have to live with it also I will post some pics next week when I return home of before and after.
Old 09-12-11, 07:06 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Ok fyi after driving for a mile or 2 and the front settled to a perfect height and it rides just as it should so this is the way to go!
Old 09-13-11, 04:41 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

good stuff my man... post pics wen u get a chance imma cut mine too...is the car bouncy at all not that it should be but whatever.

Quick Reply: Lowered on nf210's & seems high in front w/ pics