SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Hey I'm new and got questions and stuff. 92-00 SC400

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-11 | 09:20 PM
MilaSC400
Driver School Candidate

Default Hey I'm new and got questions and stuff. 92-00 SC400

So I'm completely new to this forum. I'll attempt not to be one of those annoying new forum guys that just go around well being annoying haha but hey

I'm a college kid NO CAR
but as of recently I've been saving a **** ton and I'ma get an SC400 year 92-00 not sure. Basically what I can afford with some cash left over

dude I'm falling in <3 with this car more every day haha and cant wait to have it in my garage and driving it on the street.

But hey I'm the kind of guy that won't leave my SC400 alone at all. So I was hoping people just throw down some opinions on what i could do to it once I get it and maybe picture too something not to costly either of course cause well im a college kid lol

I was really wondering what an SC400 looks like lowered (not too much) and just lowered like with no other mods

And what an affordable body kit on it would look like too

and well what do u guys think?

Body Kit or just Lower it?

ahaha and many dosapprove of this as i've been looking around at some sc400 threads here already but
Hood Scoop? nothing super flashy but yeah it seems kinda interesting to me honestly xD although many wouldnt think so but hey watever

and well hey wanna help me out with anything else or any suggestions or just a hello go ahead post!

I'm new and just wnna soon maybe become a ...dedicated, is that the word?... member here

Hello CLUB LEXUS!

EDIT: Oh and im naming her Mila. hahaha

cuz Mila Kunis is Hot and i love the name LOL

Last edited by MilaSC400; 08-25-11 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-25-11 | 09:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Hi Mila, please start by looking at the many picture threads and gallery for the pictures. Already there no need to ask for more to be posted

Use forum search for the word replica if you want an inexpensive (knockoff) kit or look in the classifieds here for a used one (or buy one already lowered and kitted).

For all your questions PLEASE search first and look at the sticky posts at the top of this forum.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-25-11 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-25-11 | 09:32 PM
MilaSC400
Driver School Candidate

for sure. i was mainly looking to introduce to say hi and just well yeah

and idk about buying one already kitted or lowered cuz i want the fun of doing the work myself
Old 08-26-11 | 12:14 AM
tenshu2k
Rookie

keep it (mostly) stock looks the best.
Old 08-26-11 | 06:12 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

watta... welcome to clublexus. mila kunis huh? yea i think shes hot too. gl with all ur searching.
Old 08-26-11 | 02:02 PM
xwingzero2
Pole Position

well if ur looking at authentic body kits ill make u broke. lol lowering it seems to be the cheap way
Old 08-26-11 | 02:12 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I would say lowering springs or save your money for coil overs if you like the slmmed look. Thats not me. Do a bfi or open exhaust. Remove the cats and/or resonators. This will help out for a little power. Hid light upgrades is real cheap for better night vision. How about some pictures? That way we can see first hand some opinions.
Old 08-26-11 | 02:14 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

How much is a "**** ton" you can pick up a good one for around 3-4K and if you take your time to really look you can find some real gems out there!

This will help us make a recommendation about how to spend the remainder.
Old 08-26-11 | 02:57 PM
Vampire222
Driver School Candidate

Seriously look for a good one, rather spend all your money on a well maintained and good looking Sc400 than have a LOT of => EXPENSIVE <= repairs cause of it being neglected in maintenance.

Bodykits and stuff are nice but what good is it if the car breaks down for something expensive. And it's a Lexus so unless you can get parts used it's gonna be pricey sadly.

You can sure find a nice looking one for $4k here in FL idk about CA but should be about that. Just take your time!
Old 08-26-11 | 08:31 PM
MilaSC400
Driver School Candidate

Just got back from work xD but I'm looking for a decent sc400 for 3-5k cheaper the better but I won't buy a bad cheap car Lol. Also yeah finding one that's good in Cali is turning out to be difficult haha...

And yeah I was thinking lowering as well kits seem expensive and Idk where I can find a decent kit for...well not much.

Still debating coilovers or not but the car is my first priority of course xD

And no car yet.so no pictures.I'm just trying to get opinions and ideas and costs ideas and stuff. It'll be the first car I ever buy on my own. Yeah...

And yeah hid lights is a must too exhaust seems expensive if I do that and lower the car but yeah I noe I need to add that to the list

Last edited by MilaSC400; 08-26-11 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-26-11 | 09:06 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap
CL Folding 1M

something: sc400 is kind of a niche car, as far as engine mods go. sc300 looks exactly the same, just has a "smaller" inline-6 motor. much more aftermarket support, due to the fact that it's the same motor as the non-turbo supra (as well as a dozen other cars).
The sc400 sounds better, and has more power out of the box (year for year), but that is easily fixed with some bpu 2jz stuff.

either way, take the car you're looking at to a mechanic to check out. the "little" stuff adds up quick on these. bushings, motor mounts, carrier bearing, gauge needles, window regulators, door latch mechanisms, etc. etc..
you'll see the good stuff in your rather obvious excitement, the mechanic will find the busted stuff you keep overlooking (ask me how I know about the obvious stuff needing attention, that got over-looked...).
Old 08-26-11 | 09:18 PM
MilaSC400
Driver School Candidate

Yah I'm actually bringing a friend who's good with cars with me and maybe my dads.mechanic friend haha but what happened?
Old 09-16-11 | 12:28 PM
MilaSC400
Driver School Candidate

dont mean to make this a pointless bump up BUT i didnt want to start a new thread for a simple question:

I was just wondering if there was like a ClubLexus.Com sticker? or sumthing
Old 09-16-11 | 12:37 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

yes there is... but u would have to get it directly from club lexus and they have been on like back order,..lol the logo/name has a copyright. y would have to get it from ur local forum.

example. mine is the florida section of this site and they make one that says CLFL. get it? sogo to ur local section and ask if anyone there makes one for ur subforum. gl
i hope u get wat im trying to say im not good at explaining myself
Old 09-16-11 | 01:48 PM
Maeve
Instructor

Originally Posted by MilaSC400
Just got back from work xD but I'm looking for a decent sc400 for 3-5k cheaper the better but I won't buy a bad cheap car Lol.
Don't buy SC just because it's cheap. You need to know its history.
You don't want to end up paying more just to fix things up.
Like others said, SC's maintenance is not cheap.

Before you buy one, I suggest you read this thread: What it will REALLY cost you to buy a used SC

Quick Reply: Hey I'm new and got questions and stuff. 92-00 SC400